[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which country do you credit creating civilization to? Iraq? Egypt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (525 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525 KB, 1600x901
Which country do you credit creating civilization to?

Iraq? Egypt?
>>
Greece
>>
Well Mesopotamia was the first ever civ so Iraq I guess
>>
Jolly ol' England
>>
Sid Meier is Canadian
>>
maybe mesopotamia

they influenced egyptian hieroglyphics but otherwise they are concurrent

writting does help in urbanization
>>
>>58360433
greece you fucking apologist
>>
Greece or egypt or both. :^)
>>
Mesopotamia is the only answer since all following civs took influence from the previous ones to grow ever more developed. Had Mesopotamia not started that cascade, someone else would have, but still.
>>
greece was big on homosexuality and paedophilia so that's who I've always admired

I love having sex with little boys, you see
>>
File: Sen's Fortress.jpg (190 KB, 1024x728) Image search: [Google]
Sen's Fortress.jpg
190 KB, 1024x728
MESOPOTAMIA

WE WUZ ZIGGURATS N SHIEEEET
>>
>>58360574
forgot my trip wew
>>
>>58360556
so how did that mesopotanian civilasation turn out?
assyrians, persians, babylonians?
all prime examples to make a lasting inpact on humankind
>>
>>58360556
>>58360578
>What country are you from?
>North America

>Which country do you credit...
>Mesopotamia.
>>
>>58360645
Well yeah
Governmental organization started with those civs, so did writing and a legal system as well as organized warfare. Imagine where we'd be without that today.
>>
>>58360645
they got invaded while egypt was safe for thousands of years

and persia is not mesopotamia
>>
>>58360690
>>58360686

also
>egypt
>safe

Lol no. Egypt was invaded over and over as well and hit by climate and economic crises.
>>
>>58360454
this desu
>>
>>58360433
the mayans
>>
>>58360762
only when the dynasties were weak, it had natural protection such as restricted access while mesopotamia is much easier to penetrate

the invaders were a totally different people to mesopotamia yet they retained most of the systems the sumerians left even managing to change the religion of the invaders
>>
>>58360795
Greece is the biggest meme
They took everything from the Phoenicians. Granted they did lay the foundation for philosophy and democracy but those two haven't always been beneficial in human history.
>>
>>58360835
>mesopotamia is much easier to penetrate
like ur mum
>>
File: 1458692804442.jpg (119 KB, 422x466) Image search: [Google]
1458692804442.jpg
119 KB, 422x466
>>58360433
Peru
>>
>>58360835
Okay it was safer than Mesopotamia then. Still though, IIRC the first realms in Egypt were established by Mesopotamian emigrants. They also took plenty of inspiration from them, making Mesopotamia the cornerstone of ancient civilization.
>>
>>58360891
I am not sure about that

Egyptian civ is derived from the oasis people, they moved out from their oasis and settled around the nile and the cities started to connect but the writing did theoretically pass from mesopotamia to egypt but since there were to translators they guessed what it could have meant
>>
>>58360690
>and persia is not mesopotamia
too bad as those are the only ones that had a lasting inpact in the form of greeks and way later "muslims" adopting their culture
>>
>>58361026
wtf, sorry
*but they survived, cant say that about phoenicians, of whom we know little, and the few things we know we know from the greeks which were acually clever enough to write shit down
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_%28board_game%29

:^)
>>
>>58360861
This, any other answer is wrong
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.