[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come all you foreigners can speak English so well yet I still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: serveimage.jpg (758 KB, 1265x800) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
758 KB, 1265x800
How come all you foreigners can speak English so well yet I still can't get your languages right?
>>
English is easy as fuck
>>
>>58257223
this
no rules
no accents(phonetics)
no diacritics
>>
>>58257310
also your conjugation system is a joke
>>
Not speaking English is a major hindrance on the job market, and since it's easy to learn…

Which language(s) do you wish to learn, OP?
>>
>>58257191
>Americans in charge of foreign languages
>>
Practice makes perfect.
I've studied English in school for 10 years and have been immersed in the English language through movies, music, and video games all my life.
>>
>>58257433
I'm trying to pick up some foreign languages (other than Mexican, unlike everybody else here) so I have more options, if it comes to it, than to just take the government/refugee cock. Since German's now out of the question, just as I'd become somewhat fluent (though I never did figure out indefinite article suffixes), I'm going for Polish and Russian.
>>
>>58257557
>indefinite article suffixes
You mean “ein(er,e,en)” declension? That's tough, indeed. Try to

>>58257557
>Russian
If German was giving you a hard time, so will Russian. Learning the alphabet is rather easy, getting the sounds right take a lot of practice, and declining everything in sight will give you headaches.

I don't know about Polish but I guess it's similar, sans the exotic alphabet.
>>
>>58257557
Go for Russian.
>>
>>58257515
Why isn't English the official language in Sweden already?
>>
File: 1461077171461.jpg (27 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1461077171461.jpg
27 KB, 228x260
>>58257557
>other than mexican
>>
>>58257665
>Try to
…develop an intuitive of what sounds right because doing the mental lookup every time you speak will seriously impede your fluency.
>>
>>58257191
>I still can't get your languages right
95% of russians can't get english too (and I)
>>
>>58257665
>ein(er,e,en)
That's right.

>declining everything in sight will give you headaches
>I don't know about Polish but I guess it's similar
I started working on Polish before I started working on Russian, so far I've had a slightly easier time with Russian though. Polish doesn't use articles to begin with so that problem is immediately out the window, and it doesn't look like Russian does either. How bad is the declension exactly, though? I expect I've seen worse, in things like Finnish or Hungarian.

>>58257695
Because as soon as it's changed to that it'll have to be changed again to Arabic.

>>58257791
Fucking everyone here speaks Mexican, I've deliberately avoided it out of spite.

>>58257838
That's pretty much what I did but it turned out to be hugely faulty.
>>
>>58257904
The biggest problem with Polish is where you have words that are like 10 letters long and are one syllable because of all the digraphs. That's where having Cyrillic helps IMHO.
>>
I've been trawling the internet for 16 years or so, 14 of them on English websites.
>>
>>58257904
Wait, you seriously stopped learning German in favor of Russian or Polish because of le rapefugee meme?
>>
>>58258308
I'm competent in German, I can speak it fine, I was already done studying it. Rapefugees started coming in just as I was finishing up with the classes though and it pissed me off that I'd just wasted that money.
>>
>>58257880
>and I
and me
>>
>>58257191
We was colonized and shit.
>>
>>58258923
>and shit
Well, you're not lying.
>>
>>58258417
warst du schon einmal in Deutschland?
>>
>>58258990
Nein, ich habe nie von meine Land geflogen. Mein Freund war, er hasste es.
>>
>>58257557
Mexican isn't a language
>>
File: 1460104420882.png (5 KB, 415x416) Image search: [Google]
1460104420882.png
5 KB, 415x416
>>58257904
>everyone speaks mexican
lad
>>
>>58258457
it's actually proper so sometimes say "and I" as opposed to "and me". you need to have in mind the context of what you are saying and whether you would use "I" or "me" if you were doing it by yourself

examples:
Bill and I went to the beach
I went to the beach

They picked Bill and me to work on the project
They picked me to work on the project
>>
It's another Mexican is a language episode from an American.
>>
>>58259260
I speak a bit of spanish, would it be enough to talk with mexican people ? I heard mexican is similar to spanish.
>>
>>58257191
At least in South America the wealthy go to schools that are all English curriculum, in fact their written grammar is better than some Redneck from the south of the US. Secondly one needs to speak any form of English to make it is the business world.

Private school in Bogota.
http://www.cng.edu/
>>
>>58259235
He's saying it in the context of "me neither"
>>
>>58259291
Yes Pierre don't worry.
>>
File: Chrząszcz.png (17 KB, 228x195) Image search: [Google]
Chrząszcz.png
17 KB, 228x195
>>58257191
If we didn't speak English, we wouldn't ever come to an English speaking site.
>>
>>58258417
>Rapefugees started coming in just as I was finishing up with the classes though and it pissed me off that I'd just wasted that money.

Lol you are lost, gtfo to your brainwashing jew media
>>
>>58257310
>no accents
What?
>no diacritics
As if this makes a language harder? It's just a matter of a different letter or a different way to pronounce the same letter.
>no rules
Virtually the same amount as Dutch or Norwegian, but those both have far more regular alphabets.
>>
Did anyone actually learn a foreign language with the help of DuoLingo, Memrise and etc?
>>
>>58257904
I know you are trying to fit in, but saying Mexican is making us look stupid. Not that we aren't already there.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.