[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it looks like I'll be in Canuckistan this July for half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: average_canadian.jpg (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
average_canadian.jpg
31 KB, 600x450
So it looks like I'll be in Canuckistan this July for half a week. Should I be excited?
>>
>>58206234
I would be. Memes aside Canadians are the nicest people
>>
>>58206271
Even in the major cities?

I'll be visiting both London and Toronto.
>>
>>58206311
City people are all the same everywhere. Its like the matrix where there is just "The City"

I don't like citys
>>
>>58206234
It's usually beautiful around July, so its fortunate that's when you're coming. Should be warm by then.

>>58206271
Fuck you!
[spoiler]Sorry, that was rude of me.[/spoiler]
>>
>>58206331
Gotcha. Cities here are kind of shitty here too, depending on where you're at.

I should get on just fine then because I'm used to living in a city.
>>
>>58206355
Nice. I don't mind the cold weather though, I'm a Michiganfag so I'm used to snow and cold.
>>
File: 1458890855992.jpg (22 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1458890855992.jpg
22 KB, 268x265
>>58206355
Are your panties too tight today Chen? I meant Anglo Canuks
>>
>>58206407
Unlike 90% of the people living here.
>>
>>58206311
I live in Toronto.
Go to the ROM (museum). Don't go to the CN Tower. Don't even think about going to Casa Loma
Subways are OK but busses are shit. Luckily, Subways take you to most of the good places downtown.
All 'interesting,' touristy archetecture in Toronto is ultra-modern bullshit. Avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>58206546
Can do, thank you. I was considering checking out Eaton Centre. Is it worth it? Also, I've never ridden in a subway because I'm a Midwestern hick.

Do you pay a fare or buy a token?
>>
>>58206608
Eaton Centre's OK, if you like big malls. Suffice to say, you don't leave America and go to Canada for the malls.
... Actually, scratch that. The Canadian dollar is really low these days. Cross-border shopping could be worthwhile.

Subway stations have tellers that you can use to pay fare, but more likely you'll just buy tokens from there. Tokens are about $3 a pop. You can also buy a day pass for $12 that, as the name implies, can be used repeatedly for a whole day.
>>
>>58206749
Alright, I'm not a big fan of malls, I have two in my city so I'd rather explore something else. But if it's cheap then I might as well.

Thanks for the subway information m8.
>>
>>58206749
Also, is it faster to get around by subway or just driving to where I want to go?
>>
>>58206905
Traffic isn't that bad in Toronto.

PARKING, on the other hand...
>>
>>58206949
lol, unfortunately I will be traveling there by car, as it's only a 5-6 hour drive for me, so I'll need to park at some point.
>>
>>58206608
Chicago is in the midwest and has two subway lines
>>
>>58207016
I grew up in the middle of nowwhere, Indiana, and I only visited Chicago once, I never rode the subway there though.
>>
>>58207109
Indianapolis doesn't have a rail system?
>>
>>58207152
Not that I know of, no. I spent some of my childhood there, and I can't remember every hearing of or seeing a subway.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.