[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>country >do your countrymen clap after a commercial plane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>country
>do your countrymen clap after a commercial plane lands (if flying in it)?
>how do you feel about it?
>>
>>58174110

I've heard of this happening, but never have witnessed this on any of my flights.

It's retarded unless the plane was damaged or something that would cause the pilot to have to really know their shit.
>>
>>58176207
I've seen it in my flight to NY. It was like WTF THE MEMES ARE REAL!!!
>>
>>58174110
>France
>I clap only if it's a kiss landing
>feels good
>>
>plane crash lands
>survivors clap
>tip the captain
>>
>>58176233

I don't understand it desu.

I don't clap when my waiter brings me my food. Like I said, unless the plane was damaged or the weather was bad they are clapping for the pilot that litteraly just did their job.
>>
>>58174110
I would clap if the captain told a good joke at the end
>>
Only Azoreans.
Though Azores are just an American colony at this point.
>>
>>58174110
yes. i clapped several times. we are autistic nation.
>>
>>58174110
I fly a lot, and I've never seen this happen.
>>
Only if Germans are on board.
Haven't heard clapping on a domestic flight in a decade or so.
>>
>>58176412
no but my flight to poland included some americans who clapped and tipped+shot the staff
>>
>>58174110
>>58176207
After long flights, I clap with the rest of the people onboard. This pilot had all of our lives in his hands and didn't plunge us in the middle of the Atlantic and even made a nice smooth landing. Applaud this fucker and applaud the fact that the bullshit 8 hour flight is finally over.

Plus it has the added effect of making this man feel good about himself. There is literally no reason not to clap. The fact that pisses off some permanent pissed-off Europeans should never deter you from cheering for your pilot.
>>
>>58174110
Bulgaria
Yes. I clap everytime. Especially if there is qt next to me.
>>
I clapped when I reach my station on the bus
>>
No, why would you clap over something like that? It's over the top.
>>
The meme about clapping on flights is a bit overstated.
However, people here definitely DO clap after seeing the latest blockbuster capeshit in the theater.
>>
>>58176742
t. guy who has never left the country
>>
>>58174110
You should've seen those flight endings after Rostov-on-Don disaster. People were clapping, crying and praying at the same time
>>
When I'm in the south they do.
>>
>>58176207
I always thought it was to show appreciation for pilots that handle turbulence well and managed a smooth landing

But in Israel, for example, they apparently do it after every flight no matter what.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.