[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is marriage for millennials so low in western countries as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: jn9dcNV.jpg (64 KB, 530x960) Image search: [Google]
jn9dcNV.jpg
64 KB, 530x960
Why is marriage for millennials so low in western countries as opposed to eastern countries where marriage is still strong?
>>
Asian women don't cheat.
>>
>>58172505
lel this weeb is delusional
>>
>>58172260
I blame the divorce rates of previous generations. I'm married, and my parents have been married for 42 years.
How many of you foreveralones are from broken homes?
>>58172505
I believe memes, too.
>>
Severe decadent rome syndrome in the west pham. Breakdown of the family unit and what not.
>>
File: 1377951661252.png (398 KB, 699x523) Image search: [Google]
1377951661252.png
398 KB, 699x523
>>58172668
>How many of you foreveralones are from broken homes?
>>
They're afraid of commitment and marriage has very little value to them. Previous generations would consider bastard children to be unthinkable, but now it's not really a problem. So there's very little reason to get married now. The only reason they would want to get married is because the girl wants a big wedding to show off to all her friends.
>>
>>58172260
>>58172505
who says this?

All first world nations are slowly ingesting whatever is being produced out of the US's propaganda (thisnow, etc etc)

no where to run, no where to hide
>>
File: qGaklFP.jpg (245 KB, 824x1236) Image search: [Google]
qGaklFP.jpg
245 KB, 824x1236
why would you want a wife when she won't cook you, clean your house and raise your children? if you want extra money, just be better at your job or invest
>>
>>58172873
>tfw my gf doesn't cooks me
>tfw my gf will cuck me
>>
>>58172260
I don't know personally a single couple who have remained married for more than 10 years.

Also, I wouldn't be able to get a gf or afford a wife and a kids, but I like to pretend that's a secondary point.
>>
>>58172793
Good thing shitterpoor isn't a first world nation then
>>
>>58172793
It's not really American propaganda, it's more that in wealthy societies people don't need to stick together in marriage to live comfortable lives so once one of a pair feels they would be better off outside the marriage they do it.

The only way you can prevent that is with severe society pressure where your family abandons or kills you (Islam) if you dare abandon your husband/spouse.
>>
>>58172260
>>
File: 1450359538679.jpg (223 KB, 898x449) Image search: [Google]
1450359538679.jpg
223 KB, 898x449
>>
>>58172873
Is that you? I think it's you.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>58173012
>or afford a wife
Being married costs less than being single.
>>
>>58174332
fuck
off
reddit
>>
>>58174492
Nigger, you know what this is. You've got to know this has nothing to do with politics or site culture. I just really, sincerely hate you and want you to die. I don't start my new job for another 2 weeks, so I'll be on you like black on Baltimore, boy. You might wanna grab the lube, bitchboi.
>>
There's too many people on this planet. Nature is probably culling the population boom in its own way.

Seriously though, I personally have no interest in being with a woman any more. Especially not in a permanent relationship. I see no benefit in forcing yourself to stay with one person forever when you will eventually hate each other and she can potentially destroy what's left of your life. Plus women are just awful these days as lovers. Their affection is whimsical and not even genuine most of the time. She'll kiss you on the mouth and then do the same to another dude the moment your back is turned and she'll feel its her right to do this since so many dudes want her.
>>
>>58174629
nice butthurt nigger
you can suck it down little sissy, because I'm not going anywhere
>>
Karma is a bitch and it is punishing white people for their cruelty in the colonial era. White extinction eminent.
>>
>>58174752
>eminent
대박
>>
>>58172260
Money.
Western millennials reach (relative) financial stability later in life than third worlders, so they marry later.
I got married at 26 and I'm literally the youngest married man I know. It's fucking ridiculous.
Then again, when you consider that in most western countries the bare minimum education level is college, it's kinda hard being financially able to marry before being 24yo at least.
>>
>>58172260
>eastern countries where marriage is still strong?
No it's not
>>
>>58172260
Market conditions demand that the youth marry themselves to their labour.
There is no time for marriage when a career is on the line. So people are waiting until they have a stable career and then they marry.
>>
because asian are marry because social pressure
>>
>>58174700
>butthurt
Nah. It's more like genuine disgust.
You will die alone. Kill yourself.
>>
>>58175542
boo hoo wagecuck is mad
>>
>>58175597
>wagecuck
What does that have to do with anything? This is about you and your weird predilections. You're a deviant and a failure.

You will die alone. Kill yourself.
>>
>>58172260
Because marriage doesn't work anymore in 2016
>>
>>58175772
>a failure
that's rich coming from a guy whose only form of entertainment after his crappy job without any perspective is insulting one anonymous man over the internet
>>
>>58175891
>whose only form of entertainment after his crappy job
I'm between jobs right now because I just moved from another state. It's 11:18AM here, and I'm making lunch and chatting with my wife. That's how I have the free time to shitpost.
>without any perspective
Huh?
>insulting one anonymous man over the internet
I'm not trying to insult you or entertain myself. I'm legitimately trying to pressure you to consider suicide. You're a weird, bad person, and I think the world would be better without you.
>>
>>58176450
Amendment: regarding entertainment, I'd be highly entertained if you livestreamed yourself an heroing.
>>
>>58176450
sure thing pham
anything you say, I absolutely believe it
>>
>>58176637
Why would I lie here, and what would I be lying about?
>>
>>58172735
Isn't that 100% illegal? Even for Christians?
>>
>>58172260
because not every man is stupid enough to participate in something that basically allows a woman to left him with most of his money and possessions wherever she pleases.
>>
>>58172505
I have helped two women to cheat on their man (one white boyfriend, one asian husband). Both were Asian females.
>>
>>58177072
Dude come on.
>>
>>58177286
Are there not prenuptial agreements in Poland?
>>
>>58177445
Not him, but it's a fair question. Marriage between members of different sects is not permitted in Lebanon.
>>
>>58177403
Were these westernized asians?
>>
>>58177286
>good goy marriage is a scam try sex with men instead
>>
>>58177485
>Marriage between members of different sects is not permitted in Lebanon.
It is, but heavily looked down upon
As for divorce, its 110% legal for everyone.
>>
Because we're not that stupid anymore. It's not entirely viable. I'd rather do whatever the fuck I want until I'm like 30, then maybe when life slows down and my personality changes. I want to travel the world senpai.
>>
>>58177615
>All marriages in Lebanon are performed by a religious authority and are registered in the husband's jurisdiction of birth. Those wishing to have a civil marriage must marry outside the country. In cases of interfaith relationships, either partner can convert to the faith of the other for the purpose of marriage.
I guess I misunderstood.
>>
>>58177446
there are, but people usually marry around 25, so usually make most of their money when they're already married and a prenup won't help you with alimony
>>
>>58177909
>prenup won't help you with alimony
That sucks. It just depends on how you have the prenup drafted here. Also, having kids affects how the prenup is interpreted.
>>
>>58177522
Boyfriend yes, husband no.
>>
>>58172260
Many reasons, one of them being that now that you're allowed to divorce, people hardly try to fix their relationships or build it on something stable. It goes more like
>Why care and nurture this relationship if I can just move on and find another person?
Now that people can choose freely and not be judged by it, they hardly decide to settle down for a single person.
>>
>>58172260
Lack of morals, the introduction of easy divorce and homosexual "marriage" has debased the idea of marriage in the West.
>>
>>58172260
>as opposed to eastern countries where marriage is still strong?
Tell that to Japan.
>>
>>58177403
Do you feel a bit bad about that?
>>
>>58179463
I genuinely loved both girls.
I was with both for a long time.

I feel bad for the husband, not the boyfriend.
>>
>>58179668
Are you aware of what their issues were with their partners? I'd struggle to stay with someone knowing they have a history of cheating on partners, even if it's their partners' fault for not being the girl's best available option.
>>
>>58179922
The 'boyfriend' girl I was with for 4 years. I 90% trusted her. I think it was simply that I came along and was more attractive. Perhaps I cared for her more as well.

The 'husband' girl had lots of issues with him. I tried to help her relationship with him. If that didn't happen I wanted her to be with me and make her whole again, as she was a broken person. At no point did I trust her with anything. I loved her so much though.
>>
>>58172260
Because when (not if) she cheats on you, you only have to give her half your stuff if you married her.
>>
Western women are whores

Men will lose everything if she decides to leave and fuck Chad and get a divorce

False rape accusations

White people can't afford their own homes to start a family because they have to pay taxes to house immigrants

Millenials have been scarred by their parents generation that invented divorce and grew up in broken homes

Millenials can't afford it

Millenials live in a hedonistic decedent society where love, honour and commitment mean nothing because yolo
>>
>>58180608
>>>/r9k/
>>>/pol/
Ok, Rasheed
>>
>>58174698
>I see no benefit in forcing yourself to stay with one person forever when you will eventually hate each other and she can potentially destroy what's left of your life.
That's the point, though. People should marry because they WANT to be with the person forever. Not because they feel they HAVE to.
People these days get married because "I've been with this person for x amount of time, now we have to go to the 'next stage'" when it shouldn't work like that
>>
>>58180889
My wife and I decided to get married when it became apparent that neither of us was going anywhere, and that, accordingly, it made more financial sense to be married if we were going to do long-term cohabitation.
>>
File: 1460282947882.gif (80 KB, 611x542) Image search: [Google]
1460282947882.gif
80 KB, 611x542
I wonder why
>>
>>58174698
>Nature is probably
Not that there's anything natural about all of this.
Everyone is breaking away from older values, if women don't care much about relationships anymore, why should we?
>>
>>58172260

The first generation with loads of neets who do nothing but play video games, watch anime and cry about how much other people are helping the downfall of their race.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
>>
>>58177446
Prenups are thrown out all the time, they can't protect you
>>
>>58183157
>Prenups are thrown out all the time
If there are kids involved... Don't have kids.
>>
>>58183427
good goy
>>
>>58183157
Found a corporation and buy a house in it's name. Maximum security.
>>
File: 1452787513749.png (478 KB, 653x766) Image search: [Google]
1452787513749.png
478 KB, 653x766
>>58172260

Too expensive tbqh.

I have come to accept that I will never marry and my only source of sex will be prostitutes.
>>
>>58172668
>tfw haven't ever seen a healthy relationship
>>
>>58183157
Alimony is for when the spouse has no appreciable skills because they were stuck being a homemaker or SAHP for ages. Don't want to pay alimony? Don't marry some bimbo with no skills who doesn't want to work. It's also given to partners who have an appreciable amount of influence in the money the breadwinner earns but doesn't get paid for it through official channels, e.g. an entertainer's spouse who works as a PR agent or helped build a business.

The normalization of divorce is a good thing. You shouldn't have to spend the rest of your life with somebody you hate or who abuses you. Cheating has always been a mainstay in marriages,, particularly obligation marriages, and there's no such thing as a 'degradation of family' or whatever because there's no such thing as a 'natural' family model beyond two people having sex and one giving birth. Everything else centered around that is a cultural adaptation to the environment.

So much misinformation and bitterness itt. Kill yourselves desu.
>>
>>58190613
KEK
U
C
K
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.