[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/norwaychess/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: norwaychess.jpg (188 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
norwaychess.jpg
188 KB, 1600x900
http://livestream.com/chess24/events/5189254

Games of today:

Topalov vs Carlsen
Li Chao vs Kramnik
Giri vs Vachier-Lagrave
Grandelius vs Aronian
Eljanov vs Harikrishna

Invited: Norway, Russia, the Netherlands, France, Armenia, Ukraine, India, China, Bulgaria and Sweden.

Not invited: USA
>>
File: nf6JkHWhRs8.jpg (164 KB, 847x1080) Image search: [Google]
nf6JkHWhRs8.jpg
164 KB, 847x1080
>>58170191
>>58165118
>>
File: Codex.jpg (2 MB, 3508x1772) Image search: [Google]
Codex.jpg
2 MB, 3508x1772
>>58170191
Our player looks more autistic
You're doomed /norwaychess/ !
>>
File: mvl.jpg (37 KB, 360x446) Image search: [Google]
mvl.jpg
37 KB, 360x446
>>58170457
He's not autistic, and neither is Carlsen. Even so, autism has nothing to do with success in chess.
>>
>>58170537
Well at least now I know nords can't take the banter...
>>
>>58170537
Do you know if he got any chance btw ?
>>
File: top10.png (29 KB, 300x283) Image search: [Google]
top10.png
29 KB, 300x283
>>58170614
He started with a draw against Li Chao, but is one of the five players with five white games and four black, and that is actually a considerable advantage. As Carlsen, Kramnik, Giri, Vachier-Lagrave and Aronian are the five players with five white games, and also the five highest rated players, I consider them to be big favourites. The gap in playing strength down to the 2750-2760-ish players is too big, and don't even get me started on the Swede. I think that Carlsen is the favourite, closely followed by Kramnik and the other players I mentioned. MVL has a good chance, as long as he can put his preparation to good use.
>>
>They get butthurt from the people "living their life too much" around them
confirmed suited for chess enthusiasts
>>
>>58170926
That is the stream from yesterday. It should start in an hour or so.
>>
>>58170794
We don't (not everybody at least) hear a lot about or play chess in france. Is it common in Norway ?
>>
>>58171029
It is actually one of the most popular spectator sports, thanks to the hype around Carlsen and very well-made broadcasts by NRK and TV2.
>>
>>58170191
Hey there anon !
I'm exciting to see the duel Giri vs MVL

What are your prognostics for the other matches ? I suppose that Carlsen will win against Topalov
>>
>>58173024
Topalov - Carlsen is very unpredictable, due to Topalov having white, and the Bulgarian is a very dangerous player if he gets the initiative. He is considerably worse at defending. If Carlsen can equalize from the opening, he has good chances, but if Topalov can keep the first-move advantage or even increase it, we are in for a tough fight. Grandelius and Li Chao also has chances against their much stronger opponents for similar reasons. The games Giri/MVL and Eljanov/Harikrishna are between very evenly matched opponents, and a draw would be the most likely result in both.
>>
>>58173259
>has chances
That would be "have chances", of course. I'm sorry.
>>
The tournament can also be followed here:

http://www.chessbomb.com/arena/2016-norwaychess
https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tournaments/norway-chess-2016

I'm afraid I can't watch the livestream today, for licensing reasons. TV2 seems to have the rights in Norway.
>>
A
R
O
N
I
A
N
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.