[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please tell me they're actually going to name it Boaty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Please tell me they're actually going to name it Boaty McBoatface. Don't let me down britbongs.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/apr/17/boaty-mcboatface-wins-poll-to-name-polar-research-vessel
>>
>>58157308
They aren't.
>>
>>58157308
will of the people desu sempai~
>>
>>58157348
Will of the fucking Tory government m8.
>>
>>58157328
Not even "It's bloody cold here"? That one was good too.
>>
>>58157308
Nah it's an embarassment if they do, fuck that name. It's alright having it on a train but not something this important.
>>
>>58157376
I do find it kind of embarrassing that the cancer girl's name got beat by a literal joke. But with the internet, it can't be helped.
>>
wtf kind of name is PoppyMai? I'm glad the stupid dying kid came 2nd.
>>
>>58157419
I can kind of see it on a boat. Sounds a bit nautical.
>>
>>58157419
>>58157408
FYI I'm not for it being named after the girl either, just something normal.
>>
>>58157449
Like Queen Elizabeth II Mc Queen Elizabeth II face.
>>
>>58157360
bunch of wankers 2bh
>>
>>58157487
Top tip yank m8
Whenever something goes wrong in UK get upset and say "Cameron's britain everybody" You'll fit right in.
>>
>>58157523
I hate all the bashing Dave gets, he's not that bad.
>>
>>58157614
B-BUT MUH PANAMA PAPERS

30,000 OFFSHORE POUND STERLING
>>
>>58157308
>make a poll for publicity
>disregard poll when it gets too popular
should have just named it boaty mcboatface, hurts nobody and it's something slightly fun for the public
>>
>>58157845
Not posh enough
>>
>>58157878
it hurts me that this is legitimately the reason why
>>
>>58157308
Apparently NERC is unlikely to do so, and the (few) people who try to justify that idea claim that NERC doesn't need anymore publicity, even though on this side of the Atlantic that NERC isn't even the first NERC that turns up in Google, for an idea of how badly NERC needs publicity like this.

With that said, though, according to the Wikipedia article that redirects from Boaty McBoatface,
>A warrant from the Queen is required before a ship can be designated as an RRS.

Please, Queen Elizibeth, listen to the will of your people. Force them to call the ship MV whateverthefuck if they don't change its name to what the British public overwhelmingly wants. Only RRS Boaty McBoatface will be acceptable for this particular vessel.
>>
>>58157308
Boaty McBoatface is to NERC what Donald Trump is to the RNC, basically.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.