[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wish I was English. Is it true that you can live off the dole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: london 46.jpg (157 KB, 650x520) Image search: [Google]
london 46.jpg
157 KB, 650x520
I wish I was English. Is it true that you can live off the dole and not have a job? Will the govt actually pay your rent? I wish I didnt have to kill myself in these dead end service industry jobs just bc I cant afford an education
>>
File: 1437358018995.jpg (28 KB, 450x410) Image search: [Google]
1437358018995.jpg
28 KB, 450x410
Take out loans like me or kill yourself desu.
>>
>>58144127
fuuuck i really should, but im not sure exactly how it works. My parents are solidly middle class but refuse to help me pay for education dont they base the amount of loan money off parents income?
>>
File: 1460569136577.jpg (95 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1460569136577.jpg
95 KB, 640x960
>>58143937
I too am a suicidal poorfag who wishes to live in England. I even know where my ancestral village is n shit. Maybe I'll return there in death.
>And He said; you shall be with me in paradise.
>>
You can but it's kind of shit. It's not enough to buy anime figures and whatever else.
>>
>>58144298
Would they refuse to help you fill out loan forms?
>>
>>58144382
is it enough to have a roof over your head and food in your belly?
>>
>>58144367
Do euro ghosts also hate heritage fags?
>>
>>58144534
no, i guess not what info do I need to get from them?
>>
>>58144544
Not really unless you want to live somewhere really awful. Men can't get council housing, women can although usually because they have kids. As far as food goes there are food banks but you won't be eating out much.

The fat people you see in news stories get so much because they're classed as disabled.
>>
>>58144735
>disability
>American
>>
>>58144677
Does it make me a heritage fag?
I don't identify as English and most of the points of why heritage fags are hated are kinda null, since I speak "English" and aren't a Euromutt.
>>
>>58144735
That sounds like how it is here. Why is it such a common theme in tv shows for people to live on their own but have no job? is it just a trope? If you have no job in the us you are homeless
>>
>>58144865
If you're alone with no job here (and no disability) you won't have a place to live. But if you have a gf and a few kids (and she has some of her own from past relationships) then you'll get a place. The state will look after those people, but if you're alone it's tough. So long as you keep making bad decisions the state will help you out more and more.
>>
Tbqh OP, I'd rather work in retail rather than sit on my arse all day, everyday. I've done that for the past 4 years I've been failing at a university I hate, surrounded by dickheads and doing a course I thought was my passion but was ruined for me by out-of-date and mind numbing courses.
>>
>>58144704
You don't need to go to a 4 year university. Look into vocational jobs that still require some schooling but people aren't working those jobs because they aren't glamorous.

I have no idea if you would be eligible, but look up Mike Rowe's foundation that helps pay for vocational training. At the very least it'll give you more info.
>>
>>58144367
>>58143937

Jesus, you all are deluded. Life in Britain is grim as fuck. I spent 7 years there and it was awful. Life in the US is much better.
>>
>>58146076
This!

I'm a welding and fabrication engineer and I applied for the Mike Rowe loan
>>
>>58144298
Fill out the FAFSA online once you have a school picked out. There might be Pell Grant money available for it. Schools are geared to push loans by financial institutions but every year some free govt money goes unclaimed
>>
>wanting to live in Britain

toppest kek
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.