[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FINLAND WILL NEVER EVER EVER JOIN NATO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
Where were you when American sanctions backfired?

NATOfags on suicide watch
>>
>>58139612
>Unemployment
>Finnish over taxing and over complicating small business culture
>>
>>58139612

Sorry, who?
>>
File: 1459948007610.png (797 KB, 812x806) Image search: [Google]
1459948007610.png
797 KB, 812x806
>Finns siding with their Asiatic cousins
Nothing to see here.
>>
File: 128514.png (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
128514.png
29 KB, 200x200
>>58139917
>over taxing

FREE EDUCATION AND FREE HEALTH CARE AND FREE WELFARE AINT FREE PABLO
>>
>>58139612
>NATOfags on suicide watch

Dude you guys have no navy, fly old as fuck Hornets, have no airlift and no tankers. This means you guys offer pretty much nothing to NATO.
>>
>>58139917
Those do matter but the whole picture is very complicated. The sanctions did play a small part and of course it's always easy to blame foreigners.
>>
>>58140144

Do you unironically have free healthcare and education? Ours are regulated and subsidized, but health insurance is mandatory and if you enroll at an institution for higher education you pay €1800,-/year.
>>
Is Finland still doing that universal income thing? I forget what it's really called.
>>
>>58140432
They're testing it out next year. The English term is basic income guarantee, I think.
>>
>>58140333

I've had to pay 0 euros for my education from preschool to university.
>>
>>58140148
>This means you guys offer pretty much nothing to NATO.
Except effectively shutting Russia down in the Baltic Sea and offering logistic support for American/Canadian troops in the Arctic circle and adding weight to NATO in Scandinavia (if they join, Sweden will too, and it won't just be Norway stuck up in Scandinavia holding the bag).
>>
>>58140490
Finns will get paid to be NEET

Unfair
>>
>>58140528

Jelly to be honest.. What about healthcare?
>>
>>58140333
You seriously have to pay money for university? I thought only poor shitholes did that. We get paid money for going to university.
>>
>>58140671
we already do, there's just a tremendous disincentive to do anything else. This should provide some sort of safety net for entrepeneurs so that going into business by yourself won't be as YOLO as it is nowadays.
>>
>>58140815

Well, you can also argue the other way, how many of the world's best universities are public? Still, it's definitely great since our the level of education we receive in Finland is good.
>>
>>58140981
Most of the best universities in the world are non-profit private institutions, but there a few excellent public universities. Berkeley is a great example of this.
>>
>>58140815
>We get paid money for going to university.

I did too, in a way.. But the current generation of students does not. I could apply for the 'basic scholarship'+unlimited public transport card (also not free in this country) which were technically loans, but they became gifts when I got a bachelors diploma.. The basic scholarship is €90/month if you live with your parents (doesn't cover the full tuition fee, and certainly no books) or +-€270,- if you don't live with your parents (covers tuition and possibly books, but CERTAINLY not living and rent). The public transport cards monetary value is literally €1000,-+ annually btw.

Current generations are fucked, and get no gifts on gradiuation. All of their study costs will have to be payed by them or borrowed from the institution that used to give out the basic scholarships. The interest rate is 0,01% or something stupidly low currently (like 0.5% in the year I started iirc), and the terms of repayment are extremely lax for a loan... But it's still a loan.
>>
>>58140610
Shutting it down with what? Apart from a few extra minelayers they would offer nothing to shut down the Baltic Fleet. Besides, the Baltic Fleet is kind of irrelevant anyway.
Logistical support in that area is already covered by other NATO members who actually have a seaworthy navy or airlift capability.
>>
>>58140981

Are universities are not private either though.. They provide a public service, that you have to pay a compensation for. Not the full price, but still a decent sum. If you were a non-EU citizen coming to study at my uni, (or 28+, or already holding a masters degree) you'd pay €10.000 instead of the €1800,-.. More even for medicine, I think.
>>
>>58140981
I went to a top 50 that was public
>>
>>58141644
>Are universities
Our?
>>
>>58141774
>My name's Nathan Fielder and I graduated from one of Canada's top 50 public schools with really good grades
>>
>>58141892
A top 50 global baka.

There are decent public schools.
>>
>>58141644
Wait you mean I can go study for free in Sweden ? (Assuming English classes)

I thought you had to be Scandinavian ?
>>
>>58141941
It's a meme you fucking dip.

New episodes when?
>>
>>58139917
No, you dumbass. We have unemployment because of insufficient aggregate demand. We used to be able to lower wages with devaluation when we had our own money (not a solution I support) and create money to finance government deficits (solution I do support). These kept employment high and employers competeting for workers rather than workers competing for jobs.

https://modernmoney.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/what-causes-masses-unemployment/
>>
>>58140981
It takes resources to make a top uni. A country of 5 million has no business doing that.
>>
>>58141835

Yes that. I'm tired.
>>
Joining NATO is not really a concern. Russians are more cool towards us than they used to and joining USA-lead organization would be an act of painting a target on our heads
>>
>>58140732
Public healthcare is not free but cheap. You also get some compensation if you go to a private clinic.
>>
>>58139612
This graph is about chosen primary concerns.

Russia is a good secondary and tertiary worry. I for one will vote for NATO membership if it ever comes down to that.
>>
>>58145501
>he thinks voting matters

tip top kek
>>
Hello, I am a 23 year old guy from Sweden!
I watch anime, come at me weabofobes.
I’m an introvert person.
I stream for fun in my spare time.
I’m currently in between jobs.
I’m single and dysfunctional.
I started gaming at a very young age
My dream in life is to work with animals in some kind of way.
I love twitch and spend a lot of time here.
I wish the world was a kinder place.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.