[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/germanic/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 25
File: 34634532.png (3 KB, 415x300) Image search: [Google]
34634532.png
3 KB, 415x300
Last topics:

>traditional music
>(neo) Paganism
>Why France can't into /germanic/ but Lorraine is ok tbfh familia
>traditional poems and translating said poems
>random funposting
>>
>>58086226
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7YPT6lmLk0
>>
Excuse me but the nordick cross is a copyrighted property of Nordick, not for lowly west germanics (east germanics are cool though).
>>
>>58086354
this
>>
>>58086354
mecklenburg can be scandic?
>>
File: ayosire.jpg (29 KB, 468x430) Image search: [Google]
ayosire.jpg
29 KB, 468x430
Hallo brethren
>>
WE
>>
>>58086665
WUZ
>>
File: 1392851229739.png (120 KB, 356x333) Image search: [Google]
1392851229739.png
120 KB, 356x333
we're considered germanic, r-right?
>>
>>58086679
Sure.
>>
>>58086678
VIKINGS
>>
>>58086753
AND
>>
>>58086763
PAGANS
>>
>>58086665
>>58086678
>>58086753
>>58086763
All from me.
>>
>>58086799
N SHIET
>>
Hello barbarian cucks
>>
>>58086877
>t. alberto barbosa
>>
>>58086415
It was swedish for 400 years so yes
>>
File: 1447770506767.png (439 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1447770506767.png
439 KB, 900x900
>>58086877
>Moor
OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT you fucking normie cunt shit fuck
>>
File: 1458802348865.jpg (68 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1458802348865.jpg
68 KB, 600x580
>>58086942
>>58087078
>he hates iberians but he loves refugees and somalians
cannot fabricate
>>
>>58087185
Out with you, nigger.

Faun uezs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_DQJ_oYRmY
>>
Fellow Lombard reporting in
>>
>>58087185
lmao the entire iberian peninsula is cucked by the mudslimes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Andalus
>>
Is Poland Germanic?
>>
>>58087185
come again cuckino esteban :)

:)

:)
>>
File: 1452977200233.png (106 KB, 460x333) Image search: [Google]
1452977200233.png
106 KB, 460x333
>>58087351
No.
>>
>>58087338
t. al malmo
>>
fennoswede reporting in
>>
>>58087294
>Germans will go extinct in a couple of decades
don't do it we want your tourist money
>>
>>58087351
Yes, honourable

post obligatory crusader-qts
>>
>>58087338
Iberians are Gothic, which are Swedish. The reconqusta was launched by a Gothic king. lrn2 history.
>>
>>58087359
>implying having latinos and south americans as cheap workforce is worse than having muslims
wew
>>
>>58087398
How much does the spanish government get from the canary islands? Also do you have a vendetta against cape verde?
>>
100% germanic south brazilian reporting in
>>
>>58087398
That would require you to actually work.
Oh wait.
>>
File: salians_shields.png (550 KB, 1004x1028) Image search: [Google]
salians_shields.png
550 KB, 1004x1028
We wuz Salian Franks n shiet, conquered all of Urop
>>
>>58087466
A lot of money I guess. Same goes for the balear islands and coastal cities. I don't know of any other territorial dispute rather that Gibraltar
>>
>>58087491
we good with euromonies we wont pay back :)
>>
>>58087586
Expected.
>>
>>58087633
thats why we need you to toughen up and survive
>>
>>58087702
Can't you just go be someone else's parasite?
>>
>>58087770
who? memes aside, we are returning our denbts at a fast pace cuz we are recovering from the crisis. We are the best out of the mediterraneans atm
>>
>>58087420
M8 although it is true that Catalonia comes from Goth-Alania and Andalusia from Wandal-Os-ia (when Visigoths kicked out Alans and they joined up with the Wandals down south), you have to take into account that they were about 1-2% of the total population, the bulk was the native Gallo-Roman population of Spain. They were just the barbarian aristocracy for some time.

That you guys accept England with its 30% or so at most germanic ancestry, I can somewhat accept because their language is also for a good part germanic. But accepting Iberians as germanics, they should at least provide proof of Arian-ness by DNA haplogroup testing in that case.
>>
File: 1445068815115.png (168 KB, 887x607) Image search: [Google]
1445068815115.png
168 KB, 887x607
norman culture > germanic culture
>>
>>58087904
>earthquakes, why?
Sides.exe
>>
>>58087491
>>58087770

How times have changed. Back in the old days the germanic barbarians and the vikings were the ultimate parasites.

Tacitus and others often described lazyness as a typical germanic character. The reason why most looked down on manual labour on the farm, and much rather went to plunder someone else's goods, whether it be a foreigner or a kindred tribe didn't really matter.

If only it was possible to meet up somehow for a day with the members of the old tribes. I think the romanticism of many will cease abruptly.
>>
>>58088200
Most vikings were traders, the plunderers are the ones who couldn't fit into viking society.

As for being parasites we did sail in a straight line between Norway and North America about 800 years before proper navigation was invented, founded Russia 'n shiet
>>
>>58088200
Won't deny that we wuz wild, uncivilized animals n shiet. Nevertheless, times have changed, yes. The once wild beasts are surperior 1st worlders now.
>>
NON GERMANICS BTFO
>>
File: 1452808582574.jpg (505 KB, 1600x985) Image search: [Google]
1452808582574.jpg
505 KB, 1600x985
>>58086226
>Why France can't into /germanic/ but Lorraine is ok tbfh familia

We drifted way too far from our germanic roots, I think.

Historians usually consider Clovis I as "our" first king but in the same time, everybody agrees to say the 100 years war is when the french nation really started to form. Even back then, we were looking back to our latin roots with more pride then our germanic ones, and it simply went on and on like that.

Lorraine is a germanic region at its core on pair with Alsace and in the same way Bretagne is celtic the Languedoc is occitan. But France as a whole isn't germanic and nontheless it isn't fully latin.
>>
>>58088368
This nigga gets it, also:

Ragnar did literally nothing wrong, christcucks literally BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ojmoHvZVIk
>>
>>58088368
M8 I just finished reading a description of the Viking raiders here who raided all our monasteries, the city of Kortrijk, and didn't even spare the children and elderly in their plunderings.

True they were traders, they traded the goods they stole elsewhere.

>>58088376
Naturally, it's just that I am not in the habit of beautifying the past, a post-modern disease. And it is not only limited to germanics of course, look at the Celts, Irish for example, down-playing the fact that they were known for the worst human sacrifices and even the Romans, the same ones who liked to watch gladiators and burning christians, banned the Druid religious practices around 80 BC because of "excessive cruelty".

And another thing... superiority creates decadence, and decadence makes that defenses are not used anymore. I'm pretty sure muslim immigrants will take over, even if it takes one or two centuries. The savage always wins, look at our own past.
>>
>>58087391

You're the best of both worlds, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>58088980
>The savage always wins, look at our own past.
Nope, our "own" people are commiting suicide. Vote-rights for women were one of the biggest mistakes ever made. Empathy has no business in politics. No one would win this time, we'd just lose by default. I unironically hope for a full blown civil war btw.
>>
>>58088980
>Sparing people
>The dark ages

They were probably just going to die from the black death half a millennium later.
>>
>>58086226
that is one ugly flag. but i do enjoy the poems
>>
>>58088735
>
Your ancestry is mainly Celtic: the Gauls. Only in the north of France there is predominantly a germanic ancestry, and even then it is not everywhere.

When a country gets conquered and the conquerors establish themselves as the aristocracy, they are just a minority vs. the bulk, which are the native peasants.

Belgium is one of the exceptions, simply because due to insessant germanic raiding and the Dunkerke II transgression (the sea eating a large part of the land between 200 and 1000 AD) it was sparsely populated.

Flanders were a mix of woods and marshes, that often got flooded by the sea. It was the home of the Menapians, a sea-faring Belgae tribe who had colonies in Ireland, Wales and the Isle of Man. They were about 35000 people dispersed over the whole of Flanders and the southern Netherlands below the Rhine today.

So even when Tiberius Caesar transplanted 40000 Suevi here, they were already in the minority. Then it became the homeland of the Salian Franks, first Limburg, then the rest. Still 5-15% of genes corresponding to the Menapian presence is to be found here.

In Wallonia it was a similar situation. The Belgae there were more populous and there were some Roman villages, but firstly those Belgae tribes (Nervians) were of germanic stock, and secondly the Franks were with much much more.

When the Franks took this land they protected it against other germanic invaders after 407 AD.

Also, many Franks were bilingual and spoke fluent Latin.
>>
>>58089105
He's among the least friendly people on earth yet still oppressed. Even the law can't protect him because he's considered Finnish.
>>
>>58089577
You talk about genetic ancestry, while french people don't care about. What I was talking about was the state and the nation, which are two things we deeply care about.
>>
>>58089295
True I agree with you completely. But the savage wins just because our own people are committing suicide through decadence.

Compare this: BEfore Julius Caesar came here and conquered in 57 BC, the Nervians were a tribe of fierce warriors who did not allow the importation of wine and luxury goods from the south. They were germanics that adopted a celtic culture, like most of the Belgae. Because until then the Celts had always resisted Germanic incursions and their land included Holland and parts of modern Germany.

200 years after the Roman lifestyle, with drunkenness and decadence, these same Nervians claimed loudly to be Germanic and "unlike those meek Gauls" (see Tacitus)

Why, obviously because they sensed what was happening compared to their past. After 407 AD they ceased to exist because they were taken up as a poor minority in the germanic population.

Spengler points this out well in his "Hour of Decision". A nation that becomes decadent with luxury and long periods of peace, they become effeminate.

In the days of Cyrus the Persian, he said to another king who had to pay tribute but whose people were rebellious: make them were womens clothing, make them only busy with music and trade. Emasculate your men.

I'm sure the Swede will agree with me, how much masculinity is looked down upon these days.

People live so far out of touch with nature that they find everything in modern life natural. Hence they can't see that another more savage people do not share these views, and are out to conquer them. This time the pretext is religion, islam, but it is just a pretext to the natural way of things.

The suicide of ourr people started after WW II, perhaps even before.

(sorry for the blog btw)
>>
File: Eternal Anglo.jpg (20 KB, 449x600) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Anglo.jpg
20 KB, 449x600
How will we solve the Anglo problem?
>>
File: BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg (53 KB, 620x307) Image search: [Google]
BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg
53 KB, 620x307
>>58090558
What problem?
>>
>>58090456
Do you study history by any chance?
>>
>>58089353
Nevertheless my original point that the Vikings were not "just traders" but raiding savages is true.

And other raiding tribes usually didn't kill children, women and the elderly. That is what made the Vikings so hated.

Naturally Christianity had improved the ethics of the natives, while the pagan Vikings had no real conception of Good and Evil, only brute force was to be revered, only brute force had the last word.
>>
File: Anglo slavery.jpg (36 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
Anglo slavery.jpg
36 KB, 413x600
>>58090652
The ANGLO problem. It's right there on your map!
>>
>>58090808
No it isn't, it's horseshit. Every nation on earth raided, the Romans pillaged, raped and erased entire populations from existence yet they're held up as the pinnacle of western civilization.
>>
>>58089805
>You talk about genetic ancestry, while french people don't care about.

I know, you are in that sense like the Turks, you are afraid that modern biochemistry might divide your countrymen, or something like that. You create your identity by centralizing through the language, in the footsteps of the Romans.

>What I was talking about was the state and the nation, which are two things we deeply care about.

Yes but we were talking about germanic ancestry. What the hell does a "germanic state" or germanicness of a nation mean?

If you talk about ancestry of Frenchmen, then it is logical to apply modern science and use phylogenetic analysis (the few papers that exist anyway on the French people as the only country in Europe that actively runs away from this).
>>
>>58086354
>(east germanics are cool though).
I'm sure all the plentiful Ostrogoth posters will be happy to hear that.
>>
>>58090719
No I am a biochemist, I had to choose between that and history. I am passioante about both, but you know, to make a living biochemistry was the better choice.

But the study of history is my hobby now. Especially late iron age and early middle ages.
>>
>>58087458
Gonna have to agree with you here, Jose. Latinos are probably some of the best disposable labor, maybe surpassed only by the Irish.
>>
>>58087503
Too bad you let yourselves get linguistically cucked by the damned Latins.
>>
>>58090962
Of course everyone else also raided, read again, I said the Vikings were notorious to spare no-one, not even children and elderly. Which was usually not the habit of other raiders.

And next to the bad stuff Romans did, they did build up a whole new level of civilisation which we still gather fruits from.

The Frenchman asked if Clovis was the founder of France. OF course not, the Romans subdued the Gauls, genocided all who resisted, and with the remainder built up a nation, "Romanized Gaul" which is the true ancestor of France. The Romans loved their Latin as much as a Frenchman loves his French. And there are many other aspects they share, I wil not start another blogpost citing examples.

The Vikings pillaged and trader, slave trade was their thing. But they never brought civilisation, so the bad outweighs the good in retrospect, simple as that.
>>
>>58091404
Many Franks were bilingual m8. The Roman Army was Latin-spoken.

That is why it gave them an advantage in taking over Gaul bit by bit from the Romans.

Knowing more then one language is always an advantage. Especially if yours isn't the >lingua Franca.
>>
>>58088200
>Tacitus
The dude used Julius Caesar as a source on the Germanics, the same Caesar that thought that Moose couldn't stand up after falling down and didn't have joints.
>>
>>58091591
What makes you think that some of the accounts are not biased as fuck seeing how they hated the Vikings for being generally uncuckable? I'm pretty sure even a monk writing down shit won't be completely honest.
>>
>>58087469
good lad
>>
>>58092155
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3256539/Vikings-preferred-male-grooming-to-pillaging.html
Vikings were too clean for dirty Christians.
>>
>>58091827
Fair enough, but it still sucks that the Franks just adopted the local peasant language instead of keeping Frankish. Just one more dead Germanic language, right next to Lombard and Gothic.
>>
>>58092155
Not at all he used Titus Livius' now lost work, Pliny the Elder and probably some Greek sources. We lost so much. Gregory of Tours cites Sulpicius Alexander, whose magnus opus on the history of the germanic tribes still existed in the 6th century but is now lost. I do not blame the barbarian invaders for this but the asshole Catho/Orthodox Church which deemed that a negative influence goes out from all pagan writers of old, and actively destroyed them.

Also, I am wary of too much historical revisionism these days, in the sense of "Carthageans never probably sacrifficed children like the many Greco-Roman sources say, they were probably all racist", "Celts probably never did human sacrifice on an Aztec level, probably Romans who were jealous of their advanced culture".

I am very wary of many post-modern attempts at revisionism through multiculturalist glasses, because that's what they are. Stay away from them.
>>
>>58092617
>says the country that annihilated quantities of languages when they decided to genocide the amerindians
>>
>>58092155
Please don't be so butthurt, I'm not attacking you. You are like the modern Irish who get buttblasted because antique sources said they were completely barbaric with their druids cutting someone open and "reading" from their convulsions, the blood flowing, the way the guts fall out, and the death spasms of the victim, the future or how to cure a disease etc...

It is stupid and plain silly to go applauding today the savagery of the past, and the fact that your ancestors were the most savage.
>>
File: 00mosley2.jpg (23 KB, 490x313) Image search: [Google]
00mosley2.jpg
23 KB, 490x313
>>58090881
BEADY
B
E
A
D
Y
>>
>>58092617
They tried to perserve it on a personal/family level. I've read a document that shows that up until the early 10th century, French noblemen of Frankish stock would send their sons here (Flanders, southern Netherlands) to learn to speak the language of their ancestors, because they felt their young generations were losing this ability fast.

In fact si,nce those days, the romanisation went step-by-step northwards again. There were Frankish and Saxon settlements in Normandy up to the Celtic border of Brittany. You can still read it in the toponyms (as far as the French haven't changed it and you have to look up old sources).
>>
>>58092617
>r enough, but it still sucks that the Franks just adopted the local peasant language

They adopted Latin m8.

The local peasant language (Gaulish) died in the late 5th/early 6th century because of the invasions (Latin speaking Gauls of the cities fleeing to the countryside where peasants still spoke Gaulish).
>>
>>58090881
>boer republics

dey oppressed us an shieeet!
>>
>>58091315
>the Irish
This isn't fucking 1850.
>>
>>58093178
I can smell on that massive strawman of yours that you have some kind of ADHD right there. Even though its been pointed out in the thread you go all full out spastic because someone doubts the authenticity of some random monk which we have no idea about for example.
>>58092976
Can you recommend any good reads about the Germanic tribes before christianisation?
>>
Oswald Spengler really makes a good point: he states that modern people (interbellum, it's even more true now) are living so far from the true nature of things, that it also affects their view of the past. Romanticism is a true poison, and it still exists. These are still Romantic days, multicultural romanticism.

It warps the views of people because they can't relate anymore to certain situations in the past. And it doesn't flow with their own romanticised image of their ancestors. Hence one of more historians, monks, or other primary and secondary source material must have been racists, liars, exaggerated out of personal conviction... Personally I think in the past people were more honest, because they readily accepted the ways of things, hence they had less to shame about. Certainly not the things we shame about.

One example is Gregory of Tours who incenses Clovis because he converted to the "true faith" and not to arian christianity like the rest of the germanic tribes. Yet that does not stop him from describing how Clovis killed his whole family out of lust for power and related paranoia, next to a lot of other savage acts. Neither did Clovis object to such a description. It was all normal back then, so why even lie?
>>
>>58094079
>Can you recommend any good reads about the Germanic tribes before christianisation?

Unfortunately only the classic authors, Tacitus mainly, and for tidbits here and there: Pliny, Strabo, Ptolemy...

Gregory of Tours "History of the Franks" but that is a catholic source of course. And Warnefried Paul on the history of the Longobardi (and related tribes), but he also was a christian convert.

>I can smell on that massive strawman of yours that you have some kind of ADHD right there

You are wrong about me, my mental soundness and my intentions. Please read: >>58094343
>>
>>58094571
>>58094079

Settle down lads, no need to get heated. Lets have it nice and civil.
>>
The greatest two chronicles of the germanic tribes, Titus Livius (of which Tacitus' work is just a popular abridged version) and :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulpicius_Alexander

just because the Church thought reading books written by pagans turned you into one.

(Although Gregory of Tours cites a lot out of S. Alexander's famed work.)

I only wish there is a copy left of both somewhere deep in a dusty corner of tthe private Vatican library, but I highly doubt I am the first to think of this. They are lost forever due to the superstition of some assholes.
>>
>>58094571
You're the autistic belgian
Do not trust this guy, he can read books he's still autistic
>>
>>58095251
What exactly is wrong with me, if I may ask?

I don't get it why I offended people here and with what.
>>
>>58095148
quiet you brit
>>58095744
dont worry, you redeemed yourself with useful information
>>
>>58089105
t-thanks
>>58089632
not really opressed desu, im native in both finnish and swedish so nobody wouldnt even know about the fennoswede part because many non-fennoswedes also have swedish last names

also we are the happiest and healthiest ethnic minority in the world, fennoswedes have higher life expectancy than other finns, fennoswedes also have higher education rates and higher income

only oppression i can think about are the stereotypes and the banter from the working class plebs in the east or the hilarious "do you support sweden or finland in hockey?" questions
>>
File: 1429906755734.png (116 KB, 800x576) Image search: [Google]
1429906755734.png
116 KB, 800x576
hello fellow germanics
>>
My veins seethe with noble Teutonic blood!
>>
File: 1433038098704.jpg (744 KB, 1296x834) Image search: [Google]
1433038098704.jpg
744 KB, 1296x834
/germerica/
>>
>>58086226
>organizing raids
>clubbing each other in the head
>fighting over who's gonna be the potato nigger who claim to be roman
>ooga booga muh tribal pagan retarded myths
>>
File: image0076.jpg (22 KB, 313x396) Image search: [Google]
image0076.jpg
22 KB, 313x396
>>58096716
>>58096836
>
Alright, im off lads was fun
>>
>>58096902
>Virginia
first colony best colony
>>
File: Lever dood as Slaav.jpg (91 KB, 1024x698) Image search: [Google]
Lever dood as Slaav.jpg
91 KB, 1024x698
>>58086354
eat this, björnsonblöjö
>>
Quick pop-quiz:
How do you say "My wife is about to give birth." in german.
I don't actually have a wife, nor do I know anyone giving birth in recent future but it's still nice to know just in case.
>>
>>58097814
Meine (Ehe-)Frau ist eine dreckige Hure.
>>
>>58097965
Ha, jokes on you, I don't have a wife.
>>
>>58097965
I can vouch for this.

Sae ist auch eine dreckige Hure uezs :))
>>
>>58096716
Hello fellow north american
>>
File: deus voelt.jpg (12 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
deus voelt.jpg
12 KB, 220x200
>youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY
dvw het heilige land nooit heroverd zal worden
>>
A N G L I S H
N
G
L
I
S
H
>>
>>58099807
the normans shat all over our great language

the least we can do is use words that only have anglo-saxon roots
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqhhlmz6gik
>From Gorgoroth into this.
Metal music wastes real talents sometimes.
>>
>>58099897
>the normans shat all over our great language
Nobody made Old English speakers to ape Old Norman. They did it by themselves.

(Also: The Great Scheißening was the Loud [=Vowel] Shift.)
>>
File: lena58.jpg (1 MB, 2156x3000) Image search: [Google]
lena58.jpg
1 MB, 2156x3000
lena
>>
File: thjrghdg.jpg (157 KB, 958x633) Image search: [Google]
thjrghdg.jpg
157 KB, 958x633
>>58099998
>LARV OH LARV!
>>
File: lena4.jpg (122 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
lena4.jpg
122 KB, 1600x1066
>>58100077
>tfw she will never follow me around like a satellite
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.