[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many people go to college/university here? I assume it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: 1457395468929.png (199 KB, 435x431) Image search: [Google]
1457395468929.png
199 KB, 435x431
How many people go to college/university here?
I assume it's a lot cause of 4chans demos.

What are you studying?
5 year B.A physics/B.S mechanical engineering dual degree program here
>>
I go to med school, dear NSA.
>>
>>58031247
bachelor chemistry
>>
>>58031247
Double BS degree in chemical engineering and chemistry with a minor in math... so basically same as you but chemical

Would be graduating next month but the second degree pushed me back a year.
>>
computing science first year 3 more to go
>>
>>58031247
I'm graduating with a comp sci degree in three weeks.
>>
>>58031247
starting double major Economics and Political Economics in june

Sometimes you need a breather, and Poli-Economics does the trick
>>
I watch TEDx and go to /sci/

I am intellectual
>>
File: téléchargement.png (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.png
7 KB, 224x225
>>58031612
Can you black hat, senpai? Did the FBI how you to crack that iPhone?
>>
File: 1424382173096.jpg (26 KB, 590x395) Image search: [Google]
1424382173096.jpg
26 KB, 590x395
>>58031779
Don't ask too many questions, friend.
>>
>>58031675
This
>>
Doing my MPhil in Ethical Banter at the University of Woolloomooloo
>>
>>58032108
>Not going to the University of Wagga Wagga
>>
>>58031247
Molecular biology, 5th year

Got my bachelor degree already

Finishing my masters this semester

Still undecided if I should go for PhD or get a job in medical diagnostic lab
>>
>>58032108
Future archbishop of banterbury right here.

Remember us after you reach the top
>>
>>58032246
bliss you moi san
>>
File: 1460870874369.png (83 KB, 297x321) Image search: [Google]
1460870874369.png
83 KB, 297x321
Half you guys are paying nevertheless for your degree. Be it an easy to go Colleges/Universtities (which are inferior to germanys education) or your average degree mill. I've witnessed the quality of certain "academia programs" and it was just a bitter experience. Really really spoonfeeded, easy exams and generally not really deep. Even in your average BA.

Non-EU programs are even worse. Most of guys couldn't handle a degree in germany.
>>
3 weeks and I get my Bachelors in CS
>>
File: 1423544379062.jpg (562 KB, 1836x2448) Image search: [Google]
1423544379062.jpg
562 KB, 1836x2448
>>58031247
Computer science. C, C++, assembly and custom engines. One thing I've found is that before you study compsci you think that people who do it are emaciated or obese because of the demands of the study, and that it requires a purely cerebral person to fully learned. The truth is that people like that gravitate to computer science because they have no other choice- they can't really do anything social like business, or some liberal arts derivative job that a woman could do better, but they CAN sit at a computer all day. Programming is actually not that hard for a dedicated normie to learn
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 400x600
Bachelors in accounting

Guaranteed job feels good man
>>
>college
>uni
>implying I have the social skills, basic education, money, and free time to do so
>>
>>58032632
So, you would not recommend someone going into a programming trade-school program (2 years) or similiar?
>>
>>58032521
>http://www.webometrics.info/en/node/54
>>
i study memeologie at the alberto barbosa university
>>
File: xMFkpVl.jpg (583 KB, 1940x2975) Image search: [Google]
xMFkpVl.jpg
583 KB, 1940x2975
Bachelor's in biology specializing in ecology last year, and I worked for the US Fish and Wildlife service for almost a year, now a
first year Masters student in aquatic ecology specializing in the carbon cycle and other biogeochemical cycles through wetland ecosystems mostly. I honestly love it all, might get a PhD just because I adore research and it will benefit me down the road.
>>
File: 1460486486729.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1460486486729.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>58032821
>implying research and contribution is a factor in terms of teaching and testing students
>implying ranking is neutral
>implying you don't pay LITERALLY your degree

As if Universities would make it harder for the people who pay them. The easier the courses, the more money they get. They can't filter out that much without losing a huge potential income. Thus, your programs are easier in EVERY aspect.

2nd year math in a math/cs program was literally high-school stuff from germany. but even easier than in out senior classes.

t. someone who went to Stanford for an abroad semester
>>
>>58032810
Actually, I would. If the trade school program does what it's supposed to you'll learn the fundamentals of a language within 1 year, which will then allow you to take classes on a wide variety of different programming disciplines that are based on the basics, or educate yourself on more advanced concepts because you know what they're built on top of. You'll get more career mileage out of 2 years in a computer science trade program than almost any BA that's not from a name-brand school

That said, you should C++. Once you know C++, you can quickly learn any scripting language (i.e. the coding in any game engine) because they're all derived from it
>>
>>58033235
>Anecdotal evidence
Nigga you have no idea how filtered out people get. The 6 year graduation rate from college here is around 60%. Even at some tiny state school they come after you. There are easy classes, and there are hard as shit classes it really just depends on things like professor and school. Why would they make it hard?

Because if you graduate from their school and are a literal dumbshit, who does that make look bad? The school and the specific department, and you hurt the chances of graduates from that school of being hired. Keeping up reputations is arguably more important to most schools than tuition.
>>
>>58031247
Computer Science and Buisness Administration.
I'm probably going to specialize in Data Science/Analytics.
>>
I pretend I'm studying engineering but that is really just so my parents keep giving me monthly monies and I don't have to file for unemployment status.
>>
File: 1414965780680.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1414965780680.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
I have a degree in unemployment studies, majored in job interview anxiety and minored in not having 5+ years experience
>>
I'm majoring in physics at my shitty local university.
>>
Finishing first year towards BS Linguistics (going to be doing Italian and Arabic for language requirements)
>>
>>58031247
Just finishing my MSc in Cyber Memetics
>>
>>58031247
I do. Welding and Fabrication Engineering.
>>
Funny that almost everyone here is doing comp-sci bit stereotypical, though I have a normie mate who graduated in it and he said almost everyone in there is a weirdo sperg so it adds up

Did Msc in economics, was okay. quite hard just about managed.
>>
File: F.png (370 KB, 893x537) Image search: [Google]
F.png
370 KB, 893x537
Isn't Computer Science like maths except with more incapable retards who just want to make video games?
>>
>>58035408
Pretty much, the maths in compSci isn't really "maths" its generally at the level a first year would be able to do it.

At least in the UK the employment rate, courses and salaries are some of the worst in the country. I put this down to a few things.

1) The people, good jobs related to computers often require other skills, especially higher paying ones or more important ones. Computer Science is the bottom of the barrel in terms of applicants so they will struggle compared to less socially inept courses.

2) It doesn't teach you much. Many people who take compsci don't actually do it they just make shitty games and do assignments they come out with no portfolio of work or actual skills. For example I actually have a degree in a writing based major but I work with computers because i code and designed in my spare time so employers see that a) I'm educated and b) I can actually fulfill their needs.

3) For more IT jobs its simply better to take someone who did finance, maths, physics etc because they are usually smarter.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.