[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the North of England more Christian than the South and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Why is the North of England more Christian than the South and why is Scotland the most Atheist?
>>
The South is just full of muslims not atheists.

Source: look at London
>>
>>57971047
South is wealthier.
>>
Scotts are degenerates, that's why.

t. been to Glasgow
>>
Because being atheistist is the new fashion
>>
>>57971047
Because protestantism destroys christianity from within.
>>
What's the deal with scots and catholicism?
>>
>>57971047
reformism.

reformed is the most cucked religion
>>
>>57971047
[spoiler]Islam[/spoiler].
>>
>>57972614
>islam strengthens christianity where it doesn't completely stamp it out
Neat.
>>
>>57972435

You say that like it's somehow a bad thing. Like anyone is supposed to care about or be impressed with Catholicism.

>>57971047

Scotland is the land of David Hume, so this doesn't surpise me.
>>
>>57971093
The North has as many muslims as the South see >>57972614
>>
>>57971093
You thick cunt.
>>
>>57972490
some of the western isles are still catholic. most of scotland is calvinist though.
>>
>>57971047
Might have to do with Calvinism. A lot of historically-Calvinist areas like New England and the Netherlands now have quite large numbers of atheists. If one believes in the Protestant Work Ethic, it might be that as they get richer from working, they get more developed, inquisitive, and ultimately doubtful, ultimately falling from religion.

It might also be because of the climate. I'm from Chicago, and most of us are either Catholics or Lutherans. However, I'm the son of a lapsed Catholic and a Unitarian Universalist, so I'm not religious myself; I've never been to church regularly in my life. My lapsed-Catholic father grew up in Colorado and apparently lost his faith before he could even have a first communion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.