[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys, honest question to Belgian people. Have you considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: belgium-map.gif (130 KB, 1000x767) Image search: [Google]
belgium-map.gif
130 KB, 1000x767
Hi guys, honest question to Belgian people.

Have you considered splitting your country and anexing to one of your neighbors?
Would you like it?
Why yes, why not?
>>
>>57958153
DESU I would like to know the answer to these questions as well
>>
>>57958153
who would get Brussels?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_Belgium#2007.E2.80.932011_Belgian_political_crisis
>>
File: 1430506820095.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1430506820095.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
either
>live in shitty non-country with walloons
>Flanders/Wallonia independent
We can't agree on anything together, imagine us agreeing on splitting land, etc.
>Be ruled by swamp kikes/surrender monkeys
So in general, Just fuck our shit up.
>>
>>57958635
>We can't agree on anything together, imagine us agreeing on splitting land, etc.
Maybe that's exactly one of the things you could agree on, I don't know bro.

My knowledge on your situation is quite small, but everything can be solved talking, well, at least most of the stuff.

Let's say that it's only your opinion the one that matters, what would you like?
>>
>>57958750
I'd say keep it this way. But I wouldn't mind a Greater Netherlands.
>>
>>57958635
>>57958879
How often would you encounter a native French-speaker if you live in Flanders (and vice versa if you live in Wallonia/Bruxistan)?
>>
>>57959304
I live a 3 min drive from Wallonia, often go there for a walk and stuff, so often for me. I suppose the further you live from the border/Brussels the less you encounter them. The coastal areas have lots of french speaking tourists I thnik.
>>
>>57958464
>who would get Brussels?

They'd leave Brussels behind and hope it consumes itself in the next decade or so.

>>57958635

>Implying you don't regret leaving the swamp every single day of your life

Ehehe, komaan nu eh manneke.

>>57958750
>Let's say that it's only your opinion the one that matters, what would you like?

Not him obviously, but in general it's like this:
>Flemings want as much independence as possible, and don't really want to belong to the Netherlands
>Walloons want as much free money and governmental support as they can get, and don't really care who provides it
>The Netherlands is relatively indifferent towards Flanders, and wouldn't mind them joining as long as it wouldn't cost too much effort and/or money. We don't like Walloons though.
>France never turns down clay. Ever. But they'd likely not want to fund the Walloons..
>All of this means that Flanders and Wallonia are condemned to each other, because most other options would mean less autonomy for Flanders and less free money for Walloons

This is my totally 100% unbiased unstereotypical academic totally not based on 4chan view on the matter.
>>
File: 1454246118693.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1454246118693.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
>>57959405
>Implying you don't regret leaving the swamp every single day of your life
Stop, we don't need you!
>>
>>57959405
>>57959441

Flanders does more or less whatever they like, and they prefer to pay money to Wallonia instead of being part of the Netherlands and not having everything done their way.

What if Flanders became a region of the Kingdom of the Netherlands instead a province of the Netherlands? Then they could have their autonomy. Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten are already like that.
>>
>>57959695
>What if Flanders became a region of the Kingdom of the Netherlands instead a province of the Netherlands? Then they could have their autonomy. Aruba, Curaçao and Sint Maarten are already like that.

Would probably rather complicated given the fact that we've got seperate monarchies... Unless the Flemings are willing to denouce their blue-blooded Frog overlords I doubt it'd work.
>>
>>57959720
Okey... That was unexpected, I had no idea Flanders had a monarchy too.
Do they do anything at all? A quick look through the wiki doesn't give much insight about the topic, they're not mentioned.
>>
>>57959864
Well yes, Belgium in a monarchy. It's largely ceremonial.
>>
>>57958153
>and anexing to one of your neighbors
You mean,
>and being annexed by one of your neighbours?
Gosh, you should work on your English, José.
>>
>>57959972
Yeah, but Belgium =/= Flanders, some parts of Spain don't want our monarchy.
>>
>>57960027
My apologies.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.