[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Scandinavians are le master race X-DDDDDD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9
File: 1271702585029.jpg (133 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1271702585029.jpg
133 KB, 800x1200
>Scandinavians are le master race X-DDDDDD
>>
File: feels.gif (497 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
feels.gif
497 KB, 500x375
Feels bad man. It was the only thing we had and you had to make fun of it.
>>
you on the left?
>>
>>57877218
>posts two average americans
>>
>>57877218
>shitposts about Scandis
>posts a pic of a man from Arizona
hella f'n epic
>>
>>57877295
So if Scandinavians born in America aren't Scandinavian, then Somalis born in Europe are European. You can't have it both ways
>>
>>57877399
No, because they behave like americans, as proven by your disgusting picture, while somalions in europe still behave like monkeys.
>>
File: ew-little-girl-face-.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ew-little-girl-face-.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>57877399
>mfw American diaspora think they're anything like us
>>
>>57877399
thanks to the europeans there's no actual american ethnicity, same goes for the most of the new world
>>
>>57877768
A pig born in a stable is not a horse. Like it or not I'm just as European as you.
>>
>>57877896
>European identity
Stop trying to make this happen, uncultured Amerimut.
>>
>>57878031
YOU made this happen. EUROPEANS created the European identity to justify colonialism. EUROPEANS created the new world. Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>57878094
>There was a European identity whilst we were colonising the new world
Ahh good old American education folks

You betrayed us a countless amount of times now you're going to become south Africa 2.0
>Feels good
>>
>>57878297
>You betrayed us a countless amount of times
only natural the brightest son learn from his father
>>
>>57878297
Hawaii is the least white state in the Union. We're not becoming South Africa.
>forgetting that Europeans created the idea of a white race and intentionally tried to keep their colonies white
How dumb are you? America and the rest of the new world didn't come from nowhere, Europe created us in their image.
>>
>>57878418
>>forgetting that Europeans created the idea of a white race and intentionally tried to keep their colonies white
Yeah because we all know how great Irish,Italians ect were treated in America don't we
Are you dumb

>62% white
>implying trump will even win
>>
>>57878536
>the Irish being oppressed proves that a white identity never existed
Holy shit you're retarded. The Irish were not considered white. That was the justification for oppressing them. When people stopped oppressing them, they became white. The white identity is still a European creation. You'll never be able to do enough mental gymnastics to get around this.
>>
File: finnish guy.jpg (53 KB, 308x640) Image search: [Google]
finnish guy.jpg
53 KB, 308x640
>>
>>57878653
this is what we in finland call an "alpha male"
>>
>>57878644
>it was only the Irish
wew

The white identity is an American creation.
>>
>>57878031
Americans have more culture now compared to you
>>
>>57878094
> EUROPEANS created the European identity to justify colonialism.
This has to be bait. You realise there were numerous wars between European powers in that era? They didn't see each other as brothers
>>
>>57878747
t. burger
>>
>>57878899
nope. Just look at the mcdonald and Hollywood culture, it is everywhere. While Britain does not have much culture now...
>>
>>57878747
Still upset about the opium wars Chang?
>>
OP pls neck yourself for being such a complete agitating moron. How the fuck do you think you can tell if those two fatasses are Scandinavian? They could be from New Zealand for all anyone knows

>>57878031
tbf Brits are Normon-Anglo-Jute-Saxon-Celt-Roman mutts. Nothing you should be ashamed of. Also
>A couple lads burning flag in protest of EU
Latvia is still in though. Good or bad, can't stop the rapid pace of globalization

>>57878094
>YOU made this happen. EUROPEANS created the European identity to justify colonialism. EUROPEANS created the new world. Deal with it faggot.

Oh hey a native/nigger/leftist raging about colonization. How original

>>57878297
>You betrayed us
>You
>Roleplaying
yuck, you're now just as cringe as OP is

>>57878418
>>forgetting that Europeans created the idea of a white race and intentionally tried to keep their colonies whit
Wut. Only some colonies like US or Australia. The Portuguese and Spanish had a retarded idea of classifications based on mixes like castizo or mestizo or Brazil's "Racial whitening", and in many African colonies they didn't try to make them White except settler enclaves like in SA and Rhodesia

>>57877399
>>57877896

jesus christ stop shitposting
>>
>>57878747
how come 4chans isn't blocked in China?
>>
>>57878725
>America created itself with no help from Europe or European immigrants who brought their values
You don't think it's a coincidence that the Irish were hated in Britain and the American colonies? Or that we speak the same language, have the same religion, celebrate the same holidays, etc etc c?
>>
>>57879060
Have to use VPN to post most of the time
>>
>>57878843
But they still viewed other Europeans as superior to non Europeans. Americans hate other Americans, this does not disprove the existence of an American identity.
>>
>>57878968
Quality>Quantity
Well done on beyonce and all that other trash though mate they're way better than European bands
>>57879049
>tribes
>nations
kek Amerifat Danes must be Anglo,Saxon and Jute muts according to you

Eat shit burger.
>>57879115
You're just a trashy mish mash of European cultured
>>
>>57878747
>more culture
Neither has "more culture" as its not a quantity of things, or something that belongs to states. "no culture" and "cultureless" are not real things in anthropology. It's pop-nationalism. Akin to saying a place has no climate

Longer explanation:
>>57873307
>>57874436

Feel a little guilty bumping this disasterous shit thread
>>
>>57879188
>But they still viewed other Europeans as superior to non Europeans.
The British had propaganda that compared us to monkeys. I'm sure other European countries did this about their neighbours too
>>
>>57879320
And do you know why we are a mix of Europeans? Because the people that founded out culture viewed non Europeans as inferior as instilled in us a will to preserve that. That is not a belief that is indigenous to the the new world, it came from Europe. I don't get why you're trying so hard to deny this, in any other context British posters are normally proud of how much of an impact they had on shaping the world through their empire.
>>
American culture is only an amalgam of European influences anyway. As for American people: this is going to sound slightly offensive, but they're honestly just mongrels.
>>
>>57879463
And guess what? Times changed. They started to view you as European later on. People from different parts of England hate people from other parts of England sometimes, this does not disprove the existence of an English identity. And when the Irish were oppressed, it's because they believed you were an African race. Western civilization is European, and you are part of it. Why is this a bad thing? Do you people honestly believe the new world colonies created themselves against the will of European countries?
>>
File: 1446769955877.webm (2 MB, 1368x768) Image search: [Google]
1446769955877.webm
2 MB, 1368x768
>>
>>57879476
>Anglo Saxons from America a few decades ago viewed slavs,italians,spaniars,irish ect as their equals

I am proud of how we shaped the world but I get upset when know it all ignorant americans think that they know it all....
>>
>>57879629
So you're proud of your empire and how you spread your culture, but deny it when it comes to the USA because you hate us?
>>
>>57879581
You're a fuckin idiot. I know now there's a European identity but there wasn't back then fool. That was my point the entire time
>>
>>57879693
>Implying Brits don't have a valid reason for hating America

You aren't like Australia and New Zealand we don't share the same culture
Like I said earlier American culture is a mish mash

We're China and you are China town
>>
>>57879320

>kek Amerifat Danes must be Anglo,Saxon and Jute muts according to you

Absolutely for Denmark, a merger of the paleolithic hunter-gatherer populations, and then tribal migrations of the various indo-European groups. State borders are rarely genetic borders especially in mobile areas like western Eurasia. Tribes of that era considered themselves as nations, later replaced by the ebb and flow of kingdoms and then ebb and flow of nation-states.

I'm not the shitposter who started the thread btw, just posting how genetic science and anthropology does not accept any pure "origin mythos" of modern states.

mutt basically means mix so yes. Countries and tribes are both collectivist concepts

No need to be feisty about science

>mish mash
Almost all culture, sans very isolated groups, tends to be that way. English, for example, is a "mish-mash" language.
>The emergence of population genetics further undermined the categorisation of Europeans into clearly defined racial groups. A 2007 study on the genetic history of Europe found that the most important genetic differentiation in Europe occurs on a line from the north to the south-east (northern Europe to the Balkans), with another east-west axis of differentiation across Europe, separating the "indigenous" Basques and Sami from other European populations. Despite these stratifications it noted the unusually high degree of European homogeneity: "there is low apparent diversity in Europe with the entire continent-wide samples only marginally more dispersed than single population samples elsewhere in the world."[101][102][103][104]

http://www.nature.com/news/most-europeans-share-recent-ancestors-1.12950

BTW I'm Puerto Rican hispanic, so don't have a bone in the fight, just into and studied anthropology and sucks to see it not understood, much like a biologist seeing biblical creationist arguments. I don't mean any offense.
>>
>>57879838
Nope. The European identity existed back then, it just didn't include you.
>>
>>57879581
You're just as dumb and ignorant as the pop-nationalist hooligan with the brit flag here. Stop posting, or meet up with him for some ghetto fight or some shit. Stop making /int/ cringe.

Literally:
YOU
ARE
MAKING
EVERYONE
CRINGE
>>
>>57880004
Prove me wrong then. Where did the American identity come from if not from Europe?
>>
>>57880004
Oh trust me lad he wouldn't want to meet me I would knock his socks of his head
>>
>>57877399
Uhh no, 'American' is not an ethnicity
Anyone can be American
>>
>>57879911
Wrong. You can't compare European countries in the 19th century to each other. The shared ideals were very basic and there was a lot of bickering and war-mongering between the countries. The sense of togetherness was minimal.

everybody being equally nationalistic and jingoistic does not an identity make
>>
>>57880529
So any country that's ever had a civil war never really had an identity to begin with?
>>
>>57880170
Go read Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Also, in many regards the US identity was intended as an antithesis to yuropoor standards, especially when it comes to freedom of religion, opposition to absolutism in politics and a multiethnic society willing to take in everybody. Europe was also not nearly as capitalist as the US, the belief in the free market was a response to European protectionism
>>
>>57880322
Nope. Our culture was intended for whites only. We had laws to preserve that until the 1960s, and there is still a lot of resentment against non European immigration.
>>
>>57880707
We hated their politics, not their culture.
>>
>>57880592
Yes, of course. The US had a common identity, but then multiple crises led to a rift within the country thus the common identity was rejected.

Same thing happened in Europe. There was a comparatively strong sense of unity during Enlightenment and Renaissance, but the rise of Nationalism alienated people. It's not a bad thing per se, only if it culminates in militarism as well
>>
File: figure1a_600.jpg (39 KB, 600x392) Image search: [Google]
figure1a_600.jpg
39 KB, 600x392
It's clear at this point OP is truly baiting. It only makes sense, he tries to troll Scandinavians with a nonsensical image, then reverse tries heritage trolling. Please stop biting.

>>57879510
True, but west Europe is like that too. Remember the great "Era of Wandering" in the early middle ages. France and the UK are the result of paelolithic, then celtic, then roman, then germanic tribal migrations and mixing. Your very old ancestors might have found it shocking to cross-breed with a Chatti or Cherusci tribesman, then over time the tribes merge into larger kingdoms, which ebb and flow, then it scales up again to modern nation-states after the enlightenment. See: >>57879905

The "limit" to what someone considers to be the in-group and out-group boundaries are subjective. Someone might find it too blasphemous to mate outside their tribe (knew a Somali like this) or region, all the way up to people who believe in no borders and free love, and everything in between. We've all got opinions.

It then gets pretty subjective. I suppose you mean people come from different countries

Although most whiteys in the US actually have British genetic markers when put on maps. It's merely underreported by a lot of the whites thinking they're from diverse backgrounds when just generic colonist-descendants. Quite a few also claim native ancestry but studies done found only a few % actually do, although I'm from Puerto Rico so have substantial native admixture due to the Spanish policy of mixing compared to the Anglos

>>57880311
Lol. You really do sound like a football hooligan though, vs his redneck troll. Be calm lad

>>57880170
>American identity

The US revolution? Americans are people who hold US citizenship. Jesus Christ stop being so autistic about it. Identity is identifying with something. Guess what: American identity is identifying with America, just like Islamic identity is identifying with Islam.
>>
>>57880797
Religion is intertwined with culture. There's your first divergence from Europe: Europeans never had a Great Awakening. To this day, religion isn't as relevant here as it is across the pond. The foundation for that was laid as early as the Mayflower.
>>
>>57880707
>Also, in many regards the US identity was intended as an antithesis to yuropoor standards, especially when it comes to freedom of religion,

Very true. It made sense at the time, church vs state interference, religious wars, inhumane punishment, abusive tyrants/monarchs (French, Russian at least) spurred their desire for an enlgihtenment-based government

I don't like the way the US turned out btw, but it made sense at the time. I love Europe today, but at the time there were obvious flaws to the way things were done by people in power

Thanks for not getting trolled and butthurt like the other people to OP's obvious baiting. Maybe there is hope for /int/
>>
>>57881115
So all you can say is our identity changed a little bit after independence, but it still came from Europe in the first place?
>>
>>57881025
You replied to me, and on second thought I'd have to agree with your sentiment.

Human culture is always just an accumulation of all previous civilizations, with each successor adding their own little twist as well as removing aspects they deemed not fit for their living situation, for whatever reason that may be.

Example would be the whole idea of funerals. It's as old as humanity and has been passed on for millenia now, but we don't bury folks with their axes anymore, neither do we add in some human sacrifice for good measure. It's changed with every civ that adapted it. Human culture in a nutshell.
>>
>>57881025
>Americans are people who hold US citizenship
well if that's what people think than no wonder you're a minority in your own country by 2040.
>>
>>57881388
If you look at ONLY the founding period of the US, then yes. The Founding Fathers as well as pretty much all settlers were Anglos, so the populace was British through and through. You guys adopted Common Law as well as many political thoughts stemming from the Magna Carta after all.

Starting with US resistance against Brit nobility however, the US embarked on a journey to shape an identity for themselves.
>>
>>57878031
I would rather have no culture than Islamic culture dude
>>
>>57881618
But that identity was based on being European. We were proud to be white for a long time.
>>
>>57877896
>Like it or not I'm just as European as you.
I was born in Europe to European parents in capital city of European country i went to kindergarten with European children i played outside with European kids, my whole life i was surrounded by European culutre and infuence, can you say the same? You may have European ''''''''''''heritage'''''''''''' but almost nobody except americans gives a fuck about that
>>
>>57881357
Funny you should say that, I'm the other way around: Europe is teetering on the edge of a full-blown identity crisis due to mass Muslim immigration while the US seem strong as ever. If you keep up with German news, there's a ton of news regarding sexual assault, rape etc at the hands of refugees. Most girls I know have started packing pepper spray. It ain't looking so good and our gov't is absolutely stubborn and dead-set in its ways to just wave everybody in.
>>
>>57881817
Yes. But American White and European White started diverging when you guys became a world power of your own right, somewhere around the time the concept of manifest destiny came up.
>>
>>57881459
Well, depends on what people. I mean, who decides on nationality and immigration? It's not us on /int/. Nobody here has the power to say, choose who gets a visa and comes to our countries, we have almost no power in getting governments to change classifications, or to take people's citizenships away. The government, and I would assume most people, consider having the citizenship to be what constitutes nationality, at least here, Canada, but also I would assume most western countries, instead of heritage. Serious question, how many Brits would consider Idris Elba to not be British because of his origins?

If you're referring to white people (I'm only part white, and latino) or anglos then I think you're a minority view in the world. I think the general consensus by most people, and official governments/decision bodies is that non-whites are Americans too

I really can't fathom any mainstream person saying someone with a US citizenship isn't American

Besides. the USA was 100% red 600 years ago, then became the Anglos + black slaves in the south, now heading in another direction,
>>
>>57881820
Way to fall for his bait

>>57881961
A big thing was the idea of America/Canada as refuges/sanctuaries for Europe too, such as taking in the famine victims in Ireland, failed revolutionaries of 1848, hugenots etc.
>>
>>57882586
i dont care if its bait i read this fucking shit on /pol/ all the time and some people believe it
>>
>>57877399
>then Somalis born in Europe are European.
This is true. Gypsies are considered European anyway so might as well include the whole package of shit.
>>
File: Herb-Kane_Young-King-Kamehameha.jpg (227 KB, 818x1432) Image search: [Google]
Herb-Kane_Young-King-Kamehameha.jpg
227 KB, 818x1432
>>57878418
It's "least white" because you fucking haole only killed 90% of us, instead of 99%. Now we're swarmed with chinks and retirees, which is fucking great, thanks.

RESTORATION WHEN
>>
>>57877651
>Behave like monkeys
Like the French during the French Revolution or the two greatest chimpouts of our time (WWI and II)

They'll fit right in with European "culture"
>>
>>57882998
>Gypsies are considered European

by whom exactly? im half gypsy and i can tell you this is false
>>
>>57879320

>Quality>Quantity
Brits have neither desu
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 912x905
>>57883123
>im half gypsy
>>
>>57879862
It's less hate and more jealously considering our HDI is higher
>>
>>57879320

>>57882998
Europe isn't a culture, it's a landmass. European means a local living on the landmass to most people. The official governments, and presumably most ordinary people, consider immigrants that live there European especially if the immigrants like the Somalis are assimilated. It's just like Africa. Some Africans consider the whites in the south to be fellow Africans, some think they're Europeans/invaders. They'll never reach consensus on it, which is the funny way humans work

/pol/ disagrees and cares more about ethnic-nationalism but modern governments, and most average people, are civic nationalists instead

>>57881820
By the way I disagree with this part:
>my whole life i was surrounded by European culutre and infuence

This is true of anyone in the west anyways, and through imperialism/globalism, a lt more people now. The shitposter you're replying to was raised in it as well, unfortunately so you DO share that with him

That said, we shouldn't treat Europe like a monolithic culture. You more mean you were raised in Slovak culture right?

The fact you live, reside, vote in Slovakia which is located in the continent of Europe is good enough m8.

I believe both the Slovakian here and the shitposter are both off. There are different definitions. There's no right or wrong answer, just perspectives.

More importantly to the shitposter, why does European-ness matter if you're living here? No point in endless bickering over perspectives and definitions of something if it doesn't really effect your life
>>
>>57878031
Well what else are we? We didn't just fucking sprout from the earth.
>>
>>57883101
I imagine if you weigh Europe's achievements versus the chimp-outs, Europe still comes out on top.
>>
>>57883743
A US-citizen. Living on the continent of North America

The US is derived and expanded from Europe culturally you're European but geographically you're not. The bong is angry at the US (probably the Ulster rageposter from /brit/) so his emotional state causes wishful revisionism and binary simplification and denial of complex cultural things, but OP's shitposting and autism is making shit worse.

Either way it doesn't matter to your life. What country you live in is the one you vote in etc.
>>
>>57877218
don't know why people care about Scandinavians any more. they are bout to be replaced by africans and middle-easterners. their female can't wait to fuck aggressive foreigners and their males are to cucked to do anything but bend over naked waiting for their government to fuck them harder.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.