[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are many musicians leftards?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: Bono.png (526 KB, 1187x678) Image search: [Google]
Bono.png
526 KB, 1187x678
Why are many musicians leftards?
>>
all they do is play music and have fun. they're shielded from the real world.
>>
Because you need to have a functioning emotional intelligence and empathy in order to make resonant art.
>>
>>57875840
>dude refugees lmao
>dude white genocide lmao

>emotional intelligence
>art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Nw7HbaeWY
>>
>>57875887
Ah, the ultimate conservative argument:

>meme arrows
Muh refugees

Forgot to call me a cuck, senpai.
>>
>>57876286
everyone can see that you're a cuck by your worldview, i didn't need to explicitly call you one.
>>
>>57876286
You don't even refute his point.
Most artists just know their field. They don't know shit about politics. They don't want to be seen as mean.
>>
>>57876286
It's a cuck!
>>
>>57875829
This

also there are tons of rightwing artists out there, they just don't get attention for their political beliefs
>>
>>57875887
People who want a borderless world are fucking insane. I cannot understand them
>>
>>57875840
>emotional intelligence

>the city of Psychology
>>
>>57876286

>being incapable of coherent thought

hard being a leftcuck desu
>>
>>57876476
>>57876351
Joke's on you, I don't even have a gf to be cucked.

>>57876388
What point would that be. Hurr durr libruls refugees cuck
>meme arrows?
>>
>>57875840
I'd agree with this, without the value-laden construction of "functioning".
Having a more "developed" emotional intelligence makes a person more likely to view the world through that lens. And more likely to be influenced by, say, a political movement which puts appeals to emotion front and center.
>>
>>57876789
Refugees are a good point.
What are the arguments to welcome them ? How can you accept them when you see how the muslim community is in Europe ?
>>
>>57875780
I don't why but in Japan, cartoonist and game producer is tend to be a right-wing.
>>
Being good at making music doesn't translate to being expert in economics and politics
>>
>>57876910
He literally just said 'lmao refugees'. It's not a stance all liberals share that there should be an unlimited and unsupervised open door policy on fucking everybody coming over.

That said, economically, having an influx of non-skilled labour generally tends to increase the living standards of everyone else. This is not to say that we should just let them all come over and make no effort in cultural integration (I'm a big fan of Western culture in general, which is largely a major point of contention with other liberals I know.)

Ultimately, in a generation or so we will see not accepting refugees as an atrocity, and we might see accepting them as a mistake. It's not a simple problem, people are dying and they want to get out of a shitty situation, political and religious concerns notwithstanding. They might make my life worse, but I would like to at least try to help those that truly need it.
>>
>>57876286
ah, the ultimate leftist argument, whining about the form without refuting anything
>>
Public life is like reddit. You get downvoted irl if you go against the grain
>>
>>57876682
They are subhuman shitskins and just want to live in the first world for free
>>
Most political activism done by actor is for boosting their career. I guess it's similar for all from the entertainement industry.

They somehow need to get attention. Some do it by showing nudes etc. Others by rooting for the mainstream political agenda.

They couldn't root for non-mainstream political activism because of fear of getting boycotted, because people are easily demonised if they hold non-altruistic and traditional political beliefs
>>
>>57877232
>having unskilled labors increase standards of living

Are you pulling shit out of your ass ? I would believe you if there was a shortage of workers. There isn't.
See how situation turned in southern America. Lower wages.
Why are some legal mexicains voting for Trump ? Because they don't want unskilled beaners coming lowering their wages.
The same goes here.

>I want to help them

Good for you.
Most Europeans don't want to help them. They don't want to lower their standards because of a mindless war with such a ridiculous reason (ie the gasoduc in Syria). Most Brits don't want them. They are not welcome in this contient.
>>
>>57877232
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>57877232
>accepting them will be seen as a mistake

It's already seen as bad. French are supposed to be leftists. 72% don't want them.
Ask Hans if you want more reasons.
>>
>>57875780
musicians have been shown to have above average IQs on average
>>
>>57876797
Scientists tend to be left-wing as well though

Anti-science bullshit (climate change denial, creationism) is a central tenets of right-wing orthodoxy in some countries. That's hardly evidence-based policy.
>>
>>57878049
t. totally not biased poster
>>
>>57875780
weed
>>
>>57878049
Quite the opposite here.
They don't want to talk about race, stats or just the truth.
>>
>>57878049

anti-science bullshit like climate-change denial, creationism etc. are almost only defended by american right-wingers, because american policy is a mess.

I'm very doubtful that such a big majority of scientists are leftists. I don't know many scientists, but a lot of engineer. Most of them are some kind of conservative or centrist. But rarely excessivly leftist or altruistic
>>
Artists are generally:
>generally very poor and on welfare/working shitty low paid side jobs
> if they succeed, they have so much money that they don't care about personal finance or economics
>The product of liberal arts education, which is full of marxist shills
>have no education in history, business, or economics
>almost completely insulated from the real world
>generally spend most of their time around broken, uneducated, mentally unstable people
>>
>>57875780
mainstream celebs wouldn't be mainstream if they weren't
>>
>>57875780
Left wing is the same as the religious cult. If you want to be a popularity, you need to belong to be left wing . Because media is basically left-wing.
>>
>>57875840
Why didnt the thread end here? for once I agree with the pirate
>>
>>57875780

because elite choose them to do promote their globalist leftist ideas

theyre also generally dettached from reality and just usful for coking up
>>
you'd think there would be more right wing musicians, especially libertarians as it's the most autistic of the artforms

-constant repetition
-pattern-oriented
-meaningless
-requires mathematical precision

only Morrisey comes to mind, and even he has massive leftist tendencies (vegan zealot)
>>
>>57875780

There's prolly a lot of artists holding right-wings opinions.

They just keep it for themself because defending conservative/right-wing policy is a death sentence in the entertainement industry.

There is a german speaking band from south tyrole who''s quite famous and they get regularly boycotted when they win a prize, just because they said they defended traditionial values and loved their homeland tyrole.

Note that this band regularly disctanced itself from far-right extremists, but holding non-leftists opinion was still enough for them to get banned from a big cerenomy
>>
>>57877405
>>57877197
>>57876575
>>57876682

thread = 'done'
sys.exit()
>>
I think it depends on the music scene you belong to. Black metal, industrial, grindcore, these genres would readily accept right wing or authoritarian views.
>>
>>57877405
lmfao this
>>
It always come down to the exact same argument
>I'm smart, they arent
>I'm right, theyre wrong
>Its the jews putting ideas on people's heads
Never gets old.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.