[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/afr/ican general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Haile-Selassie-I-.gif (251 KB, 600x775) Image search: [Google]
Haile-Selassie-I-.gif
251 KB, 600x775
I'm doing this on my own free will and not because of that SA poster
>>
My thread
>>
anyway. does the diaspora practise their funeral rituals in usa and europe?
here its an elaborate afair.
the mother of the deceased has to spend 24 hours fasting and in seclusion with the body. the relatives will hold a night vigil outside by a fire. this happens on a friday its called the lesu.

on saturday morning there is a church service, i hate these, often i am asked to speak about the deceased and i hate public speaking this is then followed by the cascket being carried to the graveyard often times led by a brass band.

more singing and preaching at the grave. when the coffin is in the hole its filled up about a meter with cement to deter people stealing the brass handles. then everyone goes back to the deceased house for a meal.

this meal is open to all and sundry. everyone shows up. it is standard that a whole cow is cooked and served.
>>
>>57865341
No
>>
>>57865341
Uh, my mum cut her hair short when her mother died. That's about it.
>>
>>57865469
Did you not know your grandma?
>>
>>57865482
I don't remember her.
>>
>>57865511
:(
>>
why must this be the afr thread. just caus a priviledged american made it?

as an african i demand you to renounce your priviledge and support my thread
>>
File: DSC_0037.jpg (232 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0037.jpg
232 KB, 1600x1066
I'm hungry i want breakfast
>>57865601
your mother
>>
>>57865628
those little dough balls are called vetkoek here (fat cake) or magwinya.

we fill them with curried mince or butter and apricot jam.

they are sold in supermarkets for 7c each
>>
File: 1453512182184.jpg (77 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1453512182184.jpg
77 KB, 690x460
>>57865469
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.