[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does religion keep families together or break them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 5840126.jpg (64 KB, 409x513) Image search: [Google]
5840126.jpg
64 KB, 409x513
Does religion keep families together or break them?
>>
If their kids are edgy or homos it breaks them for a little.

The edgy ones come back when they start to form a family, the homos stay away
>>
>>57854169
Eh, most of time it keeps people together, if you exclude cases where 'daddy has to go to blow up some belgian airport because god tells infidels are evil'
>>
If you need religion to keep your family together, you are fucked either way.

In my experience religion has only divides families. My friend's gf's parents are threatening to disown her if she keeps dating him. They are massive religousfags so they don't like him because he isn't a religousfag or whatever. Makes me fucking furious. Awful people.
>>
It is morals, not religion that keeping families or any structure that developed well through years.
>>
>>57854169
It breaks them if it's forced and fanatic, otherwise it's completely ineffectual.
>>
>>57854169
family are overrated social structure
>>
>>57854169
Who is this girl?
>>
>>57854484
Chris-chan.
>>
>>57854169
It keeps families together and breaks your ability to have independent thought.
>>
>>57854539
>>>out
>>
>>57854169
Faith, which is an effort to connect with God and "walk the walk" when it comes to showing love and grace is a powerful glue which can bind families together.

Religion, which substitutes talk and legalism for action and understanding is corrosive. People can smell the hypocrisy and are driven away by it.

Talk to a "religious' person about what outreaches their church has, or ask what their church does to help the sick and the needy. You can instantly divide the sheep and the goats.
>>
File: 1420987512520.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1420987512520.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>57854169
That's entirely dependent on the individual family and religion.
>>
Depends of your idea of "keep together" if you need something like religion for that when mutual love and just wanting to be together isn't there, then is all fake. Still a lot of people care more about the appearance of being moral than being honest to themselves.
>>
>>57854169
the first one
>>
Depends desu. It's more about the family and how they can handle religious differences and similarities

When I told my mom I was agnostic she was upset but she would never disown me. My dad hugged me and was glad I was honest
>>
File: kate.jpg (40 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40 KB, 425x516
>>57854169
I would say both although I'm leaning towards "keep families together" because the less religious people also tend to divorce more.
>>
>>57854169
I want to marry Christchan!
>>
>>57855207
That's not the reason why I posted her.
>>
Yes, but not happy
>>
File: 1452458369969.png (54 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452458369969.png
54 KB, 200x200
>>57855243
I'm still going to marry her and there is nothing you can do about it!
>>
>>57854169
It absolutely destroyed my family.

My parents are devout Mormon, and none of the kids wanted anything to do with the crazy, insular, totalitarian cult.
>>
>>57854660
>Talk to a "religious' person about what outreaches their church has, or ask what their church does to help the sick and the needy. You can instantly divide the sheep and the goats.

Oh god you're from one of those mainline "let's import a million Somalis because I saw an ad about starving Africans on tv" churches aren't you
>>
File: 1442015126189.jpg (30 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1442015126189.jpg
30 KB, 514x536
>>57855321
>le Mormon conspiracy man.
>>
>>57855366
>le Mormon conspiracy man.

What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>57855321
It's literally a cult some dude made up less than two centuries ago.
>>
>>57855435
When you raise your kid in a religion, in a city wherein 90 percent of everyone believes in it whole-heartedly, and everyone is 150 percent insulated from any outside information about it...well, people believe crazy bullshit.
>>
>>57854169
>Does religion keep families together or break them?

religion brings people together but as other anon says it depends on what religion

those that condone death are heritics
those that allow homos to even exist are heritics
those that allow pedos to live are heritics

Real regilious men and ture beleivers would never go such a thing
Instead the relam of satan and his minions try to question reglion with lies and hate.

there is only one real religion and that's Christianity, its a fact of life.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.