[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self loathing thread What do you hate about your country? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: 1459649122218.jpg (10 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1459649122218.jpg
10 KB, 226x223
Self loathing thread

What do you hate about your country?

How unbelievably shit the housing is, most of the country live in tiny, expensive and most of all hideously ugly housing. Out of the rich western countries we by far have the worst housing.
>>
>>57826585
Your papa
>>
>>57826585

>What do you hate about your country?

guiris

all of them
>>
I feel like the average person here is severely underpaid.
>>
Ugly people
>>
>>57826585
>Self loathing
Is it how critics opressed in your gulag?
>>
Fetal alcohol syndrome is more common than the cold
The drinking and betting culture
The thought crime nanny state we are in
How labor is completely out of touch and the right realises that they don't have to save face since they have no opposition
And lastly how fucked the younger generation is
>>
File: feels.jpg (138 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
138 KB, 579x570
the fact that my prime minister is cringeworthy enough to be a meme
>>
The thought that the government should be responsible for almost everything
>>
We're a bunch of lazy idiots, me obviously included
>>
File: It's the current year.webm (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
It's the current year.webm
3 MB, 500x500
>>57828333
>>
>>57830038
at least he still dances like a white guy
>>
>>57826585
The poverty and corruption
>>
File: 1460474210830.gif (2 MB, 320x384) Image search: [Google]
1460474210830.gif
2 MB, 320x384
>>57830199
Good post
>>
Complaining about housing isn't self-loathing unless you consider houses to be your self
>>
not having bosnia
>>
File: 1444307875513.jpg (69 KB, 920x380) Image search: [Google]
1444307875513.jpg
69 KB, 920x380
>>57830199
>>
>>57826739

How so? I don't believe you.
>>
It's cold, wet, and grey 90% of the time, and it's windy as fuck. Overall the weather is fucking miserable.

I hate that the North of England is a shit hole with no future, and all the money is in the South. I'm not even English and that bugs me.

also I hate the British nightlife scene.
>>
I don't know where to start
>>
>>57828288
>tfw young person looking at the housing market

fuck this i'm moving abroad.
>>
We've been fucked by minorities and political correctness bullshit. I blame the amount of gays working at the BBC personally.
>>
File: Top CEC Bajooooo.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
Top CEC Bajooooo.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>>57830264
>Neum nikada nece biti vaš
>>
>>57826585

Many people are stupid or ignorant
Sense of entitlement everywhere
Fat people
Nigger culture
Shit politics
Everyone is offended easily/ PC culture

Hell I can go on for ages
>>
File: ZikQaSzxb6I.jpg (37 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
ZikQaSzxb6I.jpg
37 KB, 500x332
>>57826585
>>
Extreme yes country.
Absolutely no free speech, they try to keep you down with these nazi shit all the time.
Infrastructure sucks in "my" federal state. The women are shitty whores and there are a lot of sand people. And I hate VW for some reason.
>>
>>57830997
>Absolutely no free speech, they try to keep you down with these nazi shit all the time.
i don't get it, could you rephrase that?
>>
>>57831097

If you say that you are against mass immigration from 3rd world citizens with an entirely different culture they will first try to make you shut your mouth. If you don't they'll ruin your reputation, make you lose your friends and job in the worst case. These people are what /pol/ wants but in the different political direction.
>>
File: 153213111.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
153213111.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>57826585
>How unbelievably shit the housing is,
why do brits love row houses? even upper-middle class brits it seems. Here, only poor inner-city blacks on government assistance live in houses that share walls with neighboring houses.

>What do you hate about your country?
high fructose corn syrup
>>
>>57831483
>why do brits love row houses?
it's probably because they don't have nearly as much space as we do so that kind of thing is more of a necessity there
>>
>>57831483
We don't love it

Contiguous USA population density

40.015/km

England Population density

406.9/km2
>>
>>57830997
>Infrastructure sucks in "my" federal state.
germany is known for having great infrastructure, and competent planning. in the 1840s (before germany was even a country in a modern sense, just a prussian lead confederacy really) they were well underway into integrating their entire rail system into the first trans-national rail network. By comparison, the US of the 1840s was in an international debate on whether to build a second road.
>>
>>57831483
>>57831587

jfc living in the UK must be hell
>>
>>57831782

The state and most of it's communes are broke. Trucks aren't allowed to cross sometimes bridges anymore. We have potholes that are bigger than cereal bowls.
The government is incompetent and the Minister for internal affairs is a spinless, whiney faggot.
>>
>>57826585
How unbelievably backwards our society is
and how faggy we are about leaving office/losing elections
>>
>>57831587
>tfw 3.64/km2
life is great
>>
>>57833333
OH BOY DEM CANUCK QUINTS
>>
Germans still have a problem with obedience. The average German is far too docile, voting isn't really about making your voice heard, instead it's just motivated by force of habit. That also shows when you look at how long Mama Merkel has been in office now. I hope the AfD picking up steam isn't just a straw fire.

Another big issue is the complete lack of expressing feelings of love for your country. I agree that being proud of your nation's achievements is kinda pathetic, but when you have the Chancellor throwing the flag on the ground (you all know the gif I assume), then that's BAD. The Holocaust was terrible, but all this excessive shaming will do us no good in the long run. It trivializes what happened and all the repetition will only serve to piss people off.

Instead, we should also focus on other periods of our history. Every German should know some basic German poets, writers and philosophers. I'd just like for us to preserve our heritage and culture. I'm literally okay with every single immigrant who's willing to do the same. The reality, unfortunately, leaves something to be desired.
>>
File: wasted.gif (3 MB, 414x420) Image search: [Google]
wasted.gif
3 MB, 414x420
>>57833333
>>
All the bois are sissy
>>
>>57826585
unemployment rate

corporate jewery

the way we sound when we're angry

drinking and drug culture

everyone's depressed and taking meds

major cities are like a glimpse into some distopian future and everybody refuses to live anywhere else. (all my friends are gone i'm stick in the middle of fucking nowhere)

housing prices

women are bitter and frosty as fuck

weather's always too fucking hot

emergence of "upperclass" in previously classless society. they're snobby feminist educated people from melbourne. i've been treated with contempt by them because of my pseudo bush accent thing.

highest rate of skin cancer in the world

a tonne of fucking snakes and comically large bush spiders everywhere

i actually can't even think of a single fucking thing i like about the place. i kind of wish i lived in england
>>
everyone is fat and ugly
>>
File: America's next generation.jpg (862 KB, 2350x1565) Image search: [Google]
America's next generation.jpg
862 KB, 2350x1565
Highest prison population per capita
For-profit prisons
Highest obesity rate in the developed world
Shitty architecture and houses knocked down by mild winds
Only 19% understand evolution
25% think a a Jewish god decides sports, 25% think Obama is the "Antichrist", 40% think Jesus will return by 2050
Death penalty despite numerous exonerated posthumous cases
The highest wealth and pay inequality in the developed world
Growing pay gap and stagnant worker wages
Puritan censorship of sex and even slight nudity in free media
50%+ Genital mutilation rate of boys
0 Mandated vacation days, 0 Mandated maternity leave days, 0 Mandated sick days
Highest rate of Depression-related medical problems
People still die without healthcare and even go bankrupt from being swindled by for-profit medical staff
PISA and other scores below almost all of Europe and developed nation, yet spends more on education that almost every nation
Consume the highest amount of sugars per day on earth - which isn't even real sugar but chemical HFCS sweetener
There is more mortgage debt, student loan debt and credit card debt in the US than anywhere else
The US has one of the most fuel-inefficient car economies on earth and wastes the most time in traffic
High divorce rate (lel morals)
Monolingual and considered worst Anglo accent(s) along with Canada
Utterly trashed reputation due to endlessly negative foreign policy
Over-budgeted military world renown for wargame embarrassments and friendly fire incidents
Some of the highest crime in the developed world, highest car-theft, crime rate even without minorities almost double Europe's.
High child poverty, highest infant mortality
"Land of opportunity" has less class mobility than most of the west
63% could not find Iraq on a map (despite being at war with them), and 54% did not know Sudan was a country in Africa
Two party system with skewed voting representation per state
One of the most consumerist nations, advertisements clog TV
>>
I live in Mississippi.
>>
i guess i kinda dislike how much influence politically correct culture has but we're not so bad compared to the rest of the west and theres not really that much to complain about so its ok.
>>
>>57831587
>population density

That doesn't make sense because the cities America has far higher population density. Have you seen how high their buildings are? When you have no space you can only build up. It's no good counting uninhabitable wilderness where no one lives.
>>
>>57841643
Except that isn't true because most Americans live in sprawled out suburbs look at american cities on google maps satellite view.
>>
File: b53[1].png (133 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
b53[1].png
133 KB, 400x307
Sure is some proxy samfagging in here
>>
>>57826585
No empire no Country, i live in a lawless land, corruption that spreads unemployment , and forces me to go to another country, because i cant live with the minimum wage.

The mentality of "just fuck it!, and above all i hate old people of this cunt, such traitors , gomies ,the pure and unfiltered trash that they spout from theyre mouth i honestly cant stand the old people
>>
swedes are the shittiest, most obnoxious drunks in the world
>>
sucks how we treated our southern neighbors desu
>>
I've got nothing desu.
Maybe education not being free/ should be cheaper but that's something that requires intense analysis and thinking to make work and using resources to help with education in reducing costs should help.
Oh and the Albertan provincial government being such dumb asses about the oil money but I praise Saskatchewan's for being clever and thinking in the long term with their resource fund money.
>>
>>57841760
I'd rather look at facts and figures and not look around on google maps as if that's supposed to prove anything. You brought in population density into it, and I'm telling you that US cities are far, far more densely populated. Using a nationwide statistic like you have, when the USA is something like 75% uninhabitable wilderness, is beyond stupid.

If you listed the most densely populated urban areas nothing in Britain would come anywhere near close to the top 50. Meanwhile several US cities would be included alongside some pretty poor third world places. This isn't a criticism on the US, just stating the facts seeing as you want to bring this up and post misleading statistics.
>>
I'm from Cyprus and live there, ignore Greek flag (don't know why it's there)

I like my country, but it has many faults which I asolutely hate:

-terrible infrastructure
-very laid back attitudes of people (police is a joke, people come 1-2 hours late to a meetup)
-horrible drivers
-housing is badly made for winter
-compulsory military service (I would be okay with it if it wasn't for the fact that they don't teach you anything in the 2 years you are there)
-people tend to love Greece more than their own country, even putting the Greek flag next to their homes
>>
>>57842318
Amazing how they still manage to have massive fuck off houses with massive fuck off gardens then isn't it?
>>
General population is stupid as fuck and incredibly ignorant when it comes to politics and world affairs outside of what they read on their facebook news feed, even then it's pretty abysmal. Politically, if you're anything more conservative than center-left (socially) you're considered Hitler.
>>
>>57826585
>Too much self-loathing SJW's
>Rude manners like speaking loud or throwing litter to the ground
>Overrated "women" with huge ego
>Corruption and bad politicians in general
>Gypsies
>Unemployment
>>
>rampant willful ignorance
>shitty education system
>shitty infrastructure system (can't not have a car unless you're in the downtown areas)
>shitty politics/retarded elected (and "elected" and even non elected) officials
>general inability to plan for the long term (even just instilling it in kids)
>fatties fatting it up
>PC culture
>the poor state of things like health care and job market and general suehappiness

If I can get by making videos online or something I'm outta here. Likely to Japan (they seem to think about the long term, have amazing public transit so don't need car
Worst part about that:
>America's atrocious reputation abroad
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.