[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He thinks he lives in a democratic country >When it doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Golden LEL.jpg (36 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
Golden LEL.jpg
36 KB, 250x238
>He thinks he lives in a democratic country
>When it doesn't have mandatory voting
>>
File: 1459946236509.png (67 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1459946236509.png
67 KB, 1456x1108
Easter?
>>
Anything other than direct democracy is a fucking joke.
>Districts
>Gerrymandering
>First past the post voting
>>
>>57665941
Fucking this, I'm so sick of rednecks sweeping up the elections.
>>
>>57665941
Easy for you to say, you live in a city state.
A nepotistic, one-party city state.
Hang on...
>>
File: David_-_The_Death_of_Socrates.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1262) Image search: [Google]
David_-_The_Death_of_Socrates.jpg
425 KB, 1920x1262
>2016
>unironically liking democracy
>>
File: golden_lel_2.jpg (553 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
golden_lel_2.jpg
553 KB, 5000x5000
>commies and fascists get fines in Straya when they don't vote
>>
>>57665941
World is too complicated for direct democracy.
>>
>>57666002
That's my point. We're small enough that we should have direct democracy but we don't. We have all the terrible British voting system flaws.
>>
>>57665974
>>57665941
wtf your countries are both closer to at least the parameters for classical philosophers' idealised city states, but one is an effective dictatorship and the other is a basket case.
>>
>>57665941
We directly election our parliament, but that doesn't mean we have a direct democracy. We still vote for representatives who make the decisions for us.
>>
>>57666201
*elect
>>
>>57666134
But it's not that hard. You just need to explain consequences of some actions and that's all
>>
>he thinks mandatory voting is good
>he thinks democracy is good
Fuck off Chang Wang.
>>
>>57666142
Biggest problem is you'd have a public service that are used to having a limited field of contacts in the parliament. They wouldn't have the patience for having to get a quota of voters to support allocating the resources for coming up with a new law or regulation, then the public voting on it, then considering amendments and alternatives, etc. Ministerial government and bureaucracy are enmeshed.
>>
>>57665796
>tfw have to make a choice if i should vote or not
>tfw have to make a choice on who I'll vote
why cant i just have a leader who will think for me and do whats best for my country and people?
why cant i just follow someone who knows what hes doing?
why are people giving me choice?
i just want to work in peace.
>>
>>57666340
If you work 8hours a day, how much do you have motivation at the end of the day to start going through trade agreements, health care optimisations, etc.

Politics is more than just pressing button whether gays should or shouldn't be allowed to marry. Then you have 99 other laws that need to be remade to fit this new law.
Not to mention, this kind of system would only work in a really small scale.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.