[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Portugal a good place to visit ? Using Lisbon as a Base, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: pt!cdr!.gif (7 KB, 383x216) Image search: [Google]
pt!cdr!.gif
7 KB, 383x216
Is Portugal a good place to visit ? Using Lisbon as a Base, what places should one drive to see within 10 days total ?
>>
>>57620856

I went to Lisboa, Sintra and Porto. Lots of history, great urban atmosphere. Also Porto had pretty cheap food.

Fátima is interesting if you're Catholic (I suppose you're not).
>>
>>57621004
Thanks. What dishes would you recommend in particular ?
>>
>>57620856
go to Porto it's like 3h hours by car and there isn't blacks with their kuduro
>>
>>57620856
I've went to Lisbon a month ago and it was filled with tourists, paki shops and tourist money grabbing shit. They have some great historical spots but i really don't like to see the city just filled with tourist, everything seems fake.

Some places that came to my mind:
Palácio de Sintra (Sintra)
Castelo de S. Jorge (Lisbon) - really cool view
Mosteiro dos Jerónimos (Lisbon), near the monastery there's the National Museum of Archeology they have Celtic, pre-roman artifacts, and roman period artifacts if you fancy that.
National Coach Museum is one of the most popular in Lisbon.
My favorite museum in Lisbon would be the Oriental Museum which has really cool artifacts from Asian countries where the Portuguese went, especially a really cool collection of samurai armor.
Capela dos Ossos (Évora), it's a chapel made out of bones, pretty spooky. I don't know much about it since i've never been to the south much.

Porto has some tourists but it's nicer to visit since restaurants and bars are not just made for tourists but for the local community. 2-3 hours by car, 3 hours by train (alfa) and ~1 hour by plane.
I know more about the north of the country than the south though.
>>
>>57620856
part 2, just say what you like and i will try to give you better tips
>>
>>57621111
If you like fat greasy stuff, try Francesinha
>>
>>57622136
What Kind of shitskins do you have ?
>>
>>57622272
German tourists
>>
>>57622136
Well my parents are paying - they are kind of armchair travellers to be honest and simply enjoy stepping foot in pretty towns where there's a good view, not too many tourists and somewhere nice/local to get a meal and some drinks. They will hire a car so transport isn't an issue. Also they are Australian so beaches aren't a top priority.

Thanks for the suggestions above though, it's very helpful.
>>
>>57621111
Do you like codfish (bacalhau)? They cook it in 50 different ways. My favorite is Bacalhau à Braga.

Also Pastel de Nata is a pretty good sweet.
>>
>>57622312
Ebin you Russian fucktoy
>>
>>57621998
This desu senpai
>>
>>57622235
Ar buvai Portugalijoj ?
>>
>>57622347
Cheers bro
>>
>>57622272
yea >>57622312 german tourists are the main shitskins we have besides the redskined british that can't handle a bit of sun in spring.
I'm from Porto, we don't many have immigrants like in Lisbon, maybe some pakis, some blacks, but its mostly Portuguese people >90%

>>57622235
Francesinha is bueno:
>Cheese, meat, meat, meat, bread and a special sauce made with beer, mustard some other shit

>>57622333
Car is a great choice because we have a ton of highways in Portugal, you have to pay tolls though.
Visit the Lisbon main spots then you probably should stay one night in Porto.
Guimarães town center, the castle plus the Ducal Palace are really cool (pic related), i've went there a few weeks ago. Viana de Castelo and Ponte de Lima have the best food based on meat, but they are far away from Lisbon.
If you like nature Gerês is so pretty, some people there still use old roman roads and bridges.

If you prefer to stay more close to Lisbon i would go to Alentejo. The architecture there is similar to the arabs, i think it's pretty but i've never visited Alentejo so i can't help you there.

>>57622431
"Bacalhau com natas" is easier to enjoy if you are not used to mediteranean food, myself i don't like bacalhau à braga.
If you feel lost you can just ask someone on the street locals now more than me.
btw, People in the north tend to be more nice than in the south, mouros bitch the fuck out
>>
Lisbon is a must-visit-place. Lisbon is underrated. It changes of overrated cities like Paris.
>>
>>57623731
*know more than me
>>
>>57621998
>I've went to Lisbon

Worst piece of shit in the entire country and you decided to go just there. That, was your mistake. That place is trash.
>>
>>57625336
So sad that this is true.
>>
File: palacio-chiado.jpg (516 KB, 870x580) Image search: [Google]
palacio-chiado.jpg
516 KB, 870x580
>>57620856
http://expresso.sapo.pt/sociedade/2016-04-09-Jantar-como-um-principe

Visit the Palace of chiado.
>>
>>57625336
So I wonder, what are the good parts of portugal?
>>
>>57620856
Depends on what you want to see and what you want to do I think.
Sintra is really nice lots of castles and palaces and tourists, there are a lot of people who speak English really well there, some even speak French.
Lisbon has a lot of things to do. The Oceanarium is nice and it's right beside the pavillion of knowledge, which is fun if you feel like being 10 for a day.
Belem has lots of museums and of course the famous pasteis de belem.
Taking the train from Lisbon to Sintra and Belem is easy and pretty straight forward. I didn't try the bus or the trams. I tried taking the bus in Coimbra several times and could never get it right.
>>
>>57626218
Most less dense populated city are preaty confy.
>>
>>57626218
depends on your taste, but lisboa is becoming more and more of a tourist trap.
>>
>>57620856
Lagos is nice
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.