[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this image accurate? If so, why is Germany so popular? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
Is this image accurate? If so, why is Germany so popular?

I'm not a self-loathing German and I love living here; we have a p good history outside of chimping out in the World Wars, a rich culture and a strong tradition in science, philosophy and arts. That said, I don't think the stereotypes about the average German are quite as favourable.

What do you think about Germanistan?
>>
Why are you faggots so ashamed of the world wars who cares represent that.
>>
>>57612166
modern germany has a reputation for spreading its hole and welcoming any dick that needs to be pleased
>>
>>57612166
Germany has a good reputation because it's considered a humanitarian superpower
>>
>>57612222
Not really ashamed, but we did destroy a good part of Europe. The Allies did too but they won so they don't have to own up to it.

>>57612225
True, but you guys are just as obsessed with white guilt as us. I 've been to England and you literally never mention the many positives of colonialism
>>
>>57612166
sure
>>
>>57612309
upper class conservatives here dont give a shit about the guilt, we just only talk about it in private
>>
>>57612166
>If so, why is Germany so popular?
We're mostly looking at the past decade here. For the past decade Germany had a solid economy (at least on the surface), is very progressive and has a "refugees welcome" policy that inspires figures like Hilary Clinton while also having a reputation for being very good at integrating its foreigners (while in reality the reason Germany had no terrrorist attacks is simply because their military presence in Muslim lands is negligible). Don't be fooled: Normies love Germany for precisely the same reasons /int/ mocks it.

>>57612309
>I 've been to England and you literally never mention the many positives of colonialism
Oh please, England is the only country where books can be published with titles such as "How Britain invented the modern world", "How we invented liberty", "1000 years of annoying the French" or "Why the French hate us and why the feeling is mutual". These are all 100% existing titles and subtitles, I'm not even making this shit up. Brits may be the most nationalistic people in Europe.
>>
>>57612166
That seems like a pretty accurate list if you ask me
>>
Germany is popular in places where they have never met Germans.

Germany is hypocrisy; the country.
>>
>>57613316
>Implying Germany's neighbors don't love Germany either
Germany is the cool country because it encompasses all the self-destructive values of the West.
>>
>>57613411
And what would those values be? I'm curious. If we're so self-destructive how come we rose from the ashes to rule continental Europe yet again? We were Iraq-tier in 1945.

>Marshall plan

Other countries were supported by the Soviets or the US too, but nobody made it to our level
>>
>>57613411
Actually
http://diepresse.com/home/science/4963361/In-Osterreich-ist-Deutschsein-ein-Defizit?

Germans feel bullied by us all the time.

They are upset because political correctness doesn't protect them.

Which is funny, because we don't really give a fuck about political correctness in Austria, Germans dragged that shit in with their migration.
>>
>>57613579
Based Austria, we should have never kicked you out. Königgrätz was a mistake
>>
>>57613493
>how come we rose from the ashes
WHAT ashes? You were downright remilitarized by the US and effectively got away with minor territorial losses from BOTH world wars where the rest of Europe burned.

And if you doubt how self-destructive these values are, just look at Cologne at New Years Eve, an event the German government only RECENTLY acknowledged as being mostly driven by non-Germans (and even then they downright dismiss any references to rape).

>but nobody made it to our level
Nigger, need I remind you that Germany was considered the sick man of Europe as late as the 1990s? This is the textbook German arrogance: we're doing well for a certain period of time therefore we are superior and nobody has ever risen to our level. This is exactly the attitude that lost you your "empire".
>>
>>57613493
>Rule Europe
>Nobody listens to you
>Everybody else works together
>EU about to be destroyed
You are a people of peasants, you don't rule, you never did and you never will.

Meanwhile our diplomatic superiority managed to halt the unstoppable "refugee" tsunami by working together with the Balkans, not by telling them what to do.
>>
>>57613682
Merkel doesn't even listen to the Germans, claiming that she would not apologize for "showing a friendly face". Even though she is, theoretically, the representative of the German people.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/merkel-refuses-to-apologize-for-welcoming-refugees-a-1053253.html

There is something about the German culture that just breeds tyranny time and again.
>>
>>57612309
>I 've been to England and you literally never mention the many positives of colonialism
There's not really much reason to. Although just see the reaction to when that Indian guy said Britain should pay reparations, that's where you see people react. Same Rhodesia. I don't need to remind anyone because everyone knows it.
>>
>>57612166

Germany sells the image to the outside of being the "serious, hard working, intelligent people".

In my experience there are people like that, but not everyone, of course.

Also, there's the stereotype of the "no fun allowed" German. In my experience, I've encountered those in the part of the old East Germany. The people from the West I've met are more kind and nice than most Spaniards
>>
>>57613630
Ok so our current economic situation doesn't say anything about our economy in general, but a brief economic recession in the late 90s post-unification does? Gotcha.

The govt doesn't represent our values Klaas.

>>57613682
Austria was historically a peasant country for a much longer time than Germany. Merkel is gonna get it next year, how should we go about revolting against a politician in office?!
>>
>>57613630
>WHAT ashes

Look at Dresen, Berlin, EVERY German city.

What happened to you? Literally nothing. ZERO wartime damage.

>>57613769
>offering people from war-torn shitholes refuge is tyranny
>German philosphers and scientist, literally one of our greatest exports are tyrants

The mental gymnastics are strong with you.
>>
>>57612166
>we have a p good history outside of chimping out in the World Wars
Pretty much the most interesting part of your history tho.
>>
>>57615350
You are confusing a country with peasants, with a peasant country.

Even a hundred years ago, Austrians visiting Germany were a little embarrassed for how hard they tried to look cultured and royal, when they really were just a bunch of peasants and soldiers.
>>
>>57615484
Yep, that's why Austria has always been superior to Germany when it comes to scientific and philosophical as well as artistic output. Oh wait it hasn't.

Also, a cherrypicked example of Austrians visiting a little part of Germany doesn't count. German elites visiting Austria woulda found the same thing to be true.
>>
>>57615350
>how should we go about revolting against a politician in office?!
the same way icelanders are
by demanding her and her government to resign and asking for a new election that's how democracy works

but in actuality most germans either support what merkel is doing or don't given enough of a shit to start demanding someone else to come (which is practically support in political terms)
>>
>>57615695
We are way beyond your reach in artistic output, Sören.

We have better musicians, better composers, better painters, we have fucking Kafka.

Hell Austrians are even better engineers than you.

Also who is speaking on the voyager golden record sent to space? That's right, an Austrian.

Oh and
>German elites
>>
>>57616052
Kafka was a Jew
From the kek republic.
>>
>>57616123
Kafka was Austrian and he was born in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, he died in Austria.

A lot of great Austrians were jews, most of them identified with Austria first and didn't give a fuck about religion.
>>
>>57612166
It's probably not up to date. With the recent refugee crisis it's rather likely that people view Germany a lot more critical.
>>
>>57616052
Austria is a literal meme country invented after WW2.

The German part of Austria has always been German and the only thing that gave Austria a unique identity was the Empire. That Empire does not exist any more though, your Slavic and Hungarian subjects have found their own identities. You on the other hand are just misguided Germans who aren't part of Germany for some reason.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.