[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/대한민국/ Korea thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (595 KB, 1500x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
595 KB, 1500x823
Talk everything about Korea
No bullys or racists.
강남 edition.
>>
한국 오지마라 씨발 좆도 답도없는 나라다
미세먼지는 물론이고 애미뒤진년들은 시민의식도 없고 이 나라는 인간이고 지리적 위치이고 뭐고 다 답이없는 나라다
>>
Is Korea a good place for a tourist or are there only dull skyscrapers to look at?
>>
>>57609094
so so
I can't understand why many tourists come here
>>
>>57611972
A lot of buzz about Korea in the last decade, interesting culture, also nice beaches and islands (or so I hear)

Anyway, I am in the process of learning Hangul and Korean language. As you might expect, my pronunciation got stuck at those aspirated and tense consonants. In the last couple of days, I have conquered aspirated ones, but those tense ones... I haven't made any progress. I can't differentiate them when I practice listening, and can't pronounce them differently when practicing speaking.

My question to you is are there any tools for this? Do you have some tips? Already watched millions of Youtube clips, studied many sites and asked some Korean speakers, but to no avail...
>>
>>57609029
알았어요. 한국에 빨리 올게요. :DDDDD
>>
>>57609094
If your not satisfied you could always go up North and have a tour of the DMZ.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 480x480
>>57614508
>going to the most militarized and dangerous border in the world is a major tourist destination in Korea.
Wew lad
>>
>>57611972
Korea has very good food. I enjoy ginseng chicken soup and pajeon in particular. The temples look beautiful as well.
>>
>>57606236
Does that bending building really exist?
>>
File: IMG189.jpg (396 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
IMG189.jpg
396 KB, 1024x1365
>>57614896
yes
>>
>>57615349
Wow,thanks!
>>
>>57614256
you means this?
ㄲ(K˭), ㄸ(T˭), ㅃ(P˭), ㅆ(S˭), ㅉ(t͡ɕ˭)
>>
>>57615491
Yes

>see those characters
>hands start shaking
>nightmares flowing through my head
>crows fly by my window
>old witch laughing at me while stirring something in a cauldron
>>
>>57606236
fuck the hdr
the effect is ugly as sin
>>
>>57609029
FUCK YOU KOREA HATER!@!@
>>
>>57615728
many foreinger feel hard to pronounce those consonants so you are normal
most of korean don't care about that
you should take it easy
>가 ga 카 ka 카 kka or gga
>다 da 타 ta 따 tta or dda
>바 ba 파 pa 빠 ppa or bba
>사 sa extinction 싸 ssa
>자 ja 차 cha 짜 jja
>>
>>57616720
>가 ga 카 ka 까 kka or gga
fixed
>>
>>57616720
Thanks, but I have found this explanation to be of little help, as I still don't know the difference when those characters are romanized.

I was looking more into what I should pay attention to. For example, I overcame aspirated characters by figuring out to "spit air" into aspirated consonants. So, 카 is just 가, but with "spitting air" through 가. (I know this is NOT the correct explanation, but it worked for me)

I guess I would like to know the more specific aspects of pronunciation, like "put your tongue like this" or "more/less air is used when pronouncing this". Also, if this bores you, tell me and I will cease asking.
>>
what's the scientific consensus, koreans originate from japan or japanene originate from korea?
>>
File: 자음2.jpg (20 KB, 312x212) Image search: [Google]
자음2.jpg
20 KB, 312x212
>>57616949
I see this picture show tongue's location of pronounce, you should put your tongue on the circle
you can overcome tense consonants by
charging the air and then exploding it
i mean blocking air
>>
>>57617777
blocking air with your tongue
>>
>>57617777
>>57617832
Wow, never seen that picture before. It is interesting, now I see where my problems were.

So, basically, where 카 requires to push much air out, 까 requires the opposite, to block most air and let just a little bit out? Am I getting it somewhat?
>>
>>57617159
both are not yet but there are many hypothesis
>>
>>57618140
picture is just for reference
do not take it seriously
it's hard

> I overcame aspirated characters by figuring out to "spit air" into aspirated consonants

you already did it just do it as your way

> to block most air and let just a little bit out?

blocking air for moderate time longer than aspirated consonants and let all air
>>
>>57618140
more explanation,
pronounce of 가, 카, 까 is essentially same
but they have a difference that come from using way of air
>>
>>57618717
>blocking air for moderate time longer than aspirated consonants and let all air
I think I just did it.

>charge air > explode the consonant > release all air a moment later

The winning formula. My first tense consonant pronounced right. Holy shit, I gotta get a smoke. Gonna practice the whole afternoon.

Thanks, Korean friend(s). Thanks a lot from the shithole of Serbia. I hope one day when I visit we get a beer and have a chat. In Korean
>>
over study
over work
weird gay dancing

die with me taiwan
>>
>>57618956
>but they have a difference that come from using way of air
Yes, yes, I get this now. I wish this was in all those videos and sites I used to learn from before. It would be much easier to both explain and learn that way.

I just realized that I have learned an important aspect of a foreign language on 4chan, of all the places
>>
Koreans, I have some more questions about Korea (but not about Hangul and language, don't wanna bore you):

What are the worst things about Korea and Koreans? What are the things you hate, things that disgust you about your culture and society?

>and the opposite

What are the most awesome things about Korea and Koreans? What are the things you adore, things that you absolutely love about your culture and society?

>>57619065
>this post seems a bit gloomy

Care to elaborate?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>57619383
>worst things about Korea
it's hard to explain
Unknown social(or individual) pressure ruled korea
although korea is developed country, our suicide rate is sitting on the top
but foreigner never experience this
>>
File: 31233.png (194 KB, 650x679) Image search: [Google]
31233.png
194 KB, 650x679
>>57620231
most of korean don't know about 4chan
so korean in here are always minority
>>
>>57620791
>Unknown social(or individual) pressure ruled korea

I guess you mean pressure in schools, workplaces and by some family members? I have read about it, but still, I would like to know more. Please, if you have time and will, will you explain further? Be as wordy as you wish, I will read EVERYTHING

>our suicide rate is sitting on the top
This saddens me greatly
>>
>>57620865
>looking at the table
Holy shit.

Is it maybe that rapid advancement of industry and technology has made people of Korea lose touch with their soul? What are your thoughts on this?

>most of korean don't know about 4chan
so korean in here are always minority
Can't really tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing
>>
>>57621070
sorry it's time to bed
korean in here is minority so we can see later
>>
>>57621222
almost posting in this thread is written by me
i'm entering 4chan to emprove my english :)
>>
>>57621340
I hope you do see later, if thread does not close. Thanks for the replies and good night.
>>
>>57621510
Your English is good, not hard to understand what you write :)
>>
omg just bringing question
ok, have a nice dream kim kun
>>
>>57620865
do you post on Ilbe?
>>
>>57621510
please keep posting here. i honestly hope more korean posters come in.
>>
Think I could get a job at H-Mart, even though I'm white?
한국어를 뿐 저금 알다.
한국 여자친구 원하다. 한국 여자는 미국사람 좋다?
>>
>>57622416
김치년들은 서양인이면 100% 다리벌리고 앙앙 거린다
이 좆도 없는 나라에 여자라도 창녀로 보내서 외화 벌어오게 해야한다
>>
>>57623293
Hello Korean friend!

Are you interested in responding to some of these?
>>57619383
>>57621070
>>57621222
>>
>>57623293
이해해 가장, 감사합니다.
H-Mart is an Asian grocery store. There's one near my school, maybe I'll get a job there stacking shelves or something, and meet a Korean qt.
>>
File: Download_2016_04_09_22_38_27.jpg (204 KB, 700x484) Image search: [Google]
Download_2016_04_09_22_38_27.jpg
204 KB, 700x484
Korea has too many problems.
Ex)incompetent government, excessive competition for entrance exams,elderly society. etc.
Government think citizens are just slaves.
Many young Koreans want to immigrate other country.And i want,too.
If Korea keep this state, Korea has no future.
And it's 12:50 a.m. in korea.
Good night.
>>
>>57624160
잘자요, Koreabro.
>>
>>57624160
>Ex)incompetent government, excessive competition for entrance exams,elderly society. etc.
Interesting. Never thought about these, especially about the elders, seemed to me that very good economy Korea has would cover the costs of pension and life of elders.

>Government think citizens are just slaves.

This one (kind of) occurred to me. Too much work and too little play. Those drunken nights with coworkers are not gonna cut it in the long run.

Also, I have asked about good sides too. It would be nice if Koreabros would provide both, so we foreigners have a fuller picture, not just one side.
>>
File: park-geun-hye-596757.jpg (12 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
park-geun-hye-596757.jpg
12 KB, 800x532
would you a park geun-hye?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.