[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw visiting the USA for the first time in a month Excited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 52bf042d9b38c.jpg (256 KB, 1064x1064) Image search: [Google]
52bf042d9b38c.jpg
256 KB, 1064x1064
>tfw visiting the USA for the first time in a month

Excited tbqh :^)
>>
>>57522325
What state?
>>
>>57522423
New York, although most likely I'll only visit NYC (very original, I know).

I'd like to visit at least some of the countryside but I only be there for a week. Will come back to the USA eventually though.
>>
Just how often do you go to America?
>>
>>57522527
When I went to the states we landed in DC and took an RV along the eastcoast to NYC camping along the way.
Good fun desu, you'll see the smaller towns and interact with the people but you'll also get to experience the bigger cities.
>>
>>57522325
Same. Except I'm going to Colorado Springs. Not really sure there's much to do there, but the scenery looks nice
>>
>>57522325
bring your work gloves

Build wall beaner
>>
>>57522527
I've never been to New York, but as a general thing I would recommend you go to at least one fast-food place to get the real American experience.

I recommend Sonic or Checkers, personally.
>>
>>57522527
>>57523040
>all tourists go to is NYC and DC
WHY?
DC was an abandoned swamp in the middle of nowhere we made our capital so no state has too much power.
NYC is a sardine can full of scum trying to take advantage of tourists

why do tourists never go to places like boston, mostly white and literally the birthplace of america?
>>
>>57523380
Because Boston is nothing special really. New York is basically the capital of the world and lots of movies have been recorded there. People visit DC,just because is the capital,nothing more.
>>
>>57523040
We land in NY so I don't think we'll go somewhere else. Anyway we are planning to do a road trip through the west coast in the near future.

>>57523132
Enjoy m8. Have you applied for your ESTA yet? I hope they're not too annoying at Inmigration.

>>57523190
B-but I'm white.

>>57523305
We'll definitely eat a big ass burger somewhere. Thanks for the recommendation.

>>57523380
Actually I was looking how to get to Boston from NYC, to try to see something else about the country. Anyway, as I said before we will go back to visit more places, there's so much to see.
>>
>>57523132
I'm from the springs. Right now there's not much snow left, but it's about time for white water rafting and rock climbing
>>
>>57523540
>Have you applied for your ESTA yet?
Yeah. Got accepted within 20 seconds of completing it. Not hard to get as long as you're in the right country and not a criminal
>>
>>57523608
Is there any nice places to walk/hike around? I'll be on my own for the most part, so I feel like I can't really do much
>>
>>57522325
>>
>>57523540
if you want the best fries, try five guys.
>>
>>57523988
Garden of the gods. Pikes peak. Manitou springs.
>>
>>57524007
Nice facebook meme xDDD
>>
>>57524128
>>57523988

Oh and cave of the winds.
>>
File: emu_face.jpg (84 KB, 464x348) Image search: [Google]
emu_face.jpg
84 KB, 464x348
>>57524144
>>
>>57523380

Well it's not like we only visited those 2 cities, most of our time was out on the road stopping in the smaller towns which was a lot more fun than NYC. DC was nice too.
>>
>>57523380
DC is actually nice m8, been to it 3 times.

>been to the holocaust museum each time
>>
Luckily for you NYC is full of spics
>>
>>57524817
I don't think there's any place in the US that isn't spic infested mate
>>
>>57525377
Alaska, it gets too cold for them.
>>
>>57525377
You mean other than most of it
>>
>>57525473
Inuit are ice mexicans. Frostbacks
>>
>>57522527
Nyc is the best pal, if you go anywhere else the be American get shot meme becomes ture
>>
>>57523380
There really isn't much reason to visit Boston unless you have business there, are a student, or are there for some event like the marathon. Its not a great tourist city imo
>>
>>57524007
Freedom =/= Free shit

The symbol of the UK isn't a fucking rat with wings aka a pidgin

UK healthcare isn't free, you have to pay for it through taxes regardless if you want or need it, so it actually removes some freedom to choose it.
>>
>>57523540
If you want a good burger go to Five Guy's Burgers and Fries, amazing burgers.
>>
>>57526802
Thanks man. I read about Shake Shack as well but I'm not sure if they are that good.

Any proper non fast food places to get amazing burgers?
>>
Of course the Americans are recommending food places. Christ.

Enjoy NYC OP, it's a great city. If someone tries to sell you something or talk to you just continue walking, that's the New York way.
>>
>>57527037
I can't remember a specfic place off the top of my head but many resturants carry burgers on their menus regardless if they are a burger place or not.

I lived in the NYC Metropolitan area (always the NYS portion) all my life and can confirm Shake Shack is godly but I prefer the actual burgers of Five Guys.

>>57527178
He asked about burgers

>thats the New York way
I'm not disagreeing with your advice but specifiy it to the NYC way because doing it anywhere else is just being a cunt
>>
>>57527178
Although if your down for some exciting shit, you should let em talk. But if they ask you for money they're just trying to scan ya
>>
>>57527178
>If someone tries to sell you something or talk to you just continue walking, that's the New York way.

Should I say something like "No thanks" or just ignore them?

>>57527531
Cool. I'll try both then.
>>
>>57525377
outside of big cities and border regions, spics arent universal
>>
>>57526590
>are there for some event like the marathon
No thanks, I like my holidays to cost less than an arm and a leg.
>>
>>57528474
The first one. Just say "no thanks" or "no" or "not interested" or "I'm out of money" and keep walking.
>>
>>57528474
Yeah just say "no thanks" for people offering something and "I'm out of money" for the beggers
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.