[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The anniversary of the Rwandan Genocide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: REU-RWANDA-GENOCIDE-1.jpg (762 KB, 2200x1485) Image search: [Google]
REU-RWANDA-GENOCIDE-1.jpg
762 KB, 2200x1485
On this day, we commemorate the beggining of one of the darker chapters in modern history. On April the 6th of 1994, the flight of the Rwandan President Juvenal Habyarimana was shot down by the Hutu extremists, thus starting the first of a hundred days where the whole world saw almost a million innocent rwandans die (mostly by machete), and did nothing to stop the murders. Since no state member of the UN had any kind of interest in Rwanda besides France and Belgium, nobody tried to actually do an intervention aside from the UNAMIR plan, that later proved to be almost if not enterely pointless.

What do you think about this genocide? Did you gave a shit when it was happening? Do you think that these kind of tragedies are bound to happen again?
>>
>>57484960
don't give a fuck even when 43 mexicans got killed, why would i care when blacks die
>>
I think Burundi is gonna go through the same thing again.
>>
File: interhame.jpg (66 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
interhame.jpg
66 KB, 600x356
hutu powah
>>
>>57484960
Why should I care about blacks killing themselves off? Africa has been at the same stage of human progression in a thousand years..barely a step above a beast. Rhodesia and South Africa are your case studies. The European came civilized it, left, and they returned to primitive ways.
>>
They made us watch a movie about the Rwandan Genocide in the 10th grade, some pretty sad stuff. Although I always chuckle at tutsis and hutus
>>
File: dallaire-rwanda.jpg (282 KB, 1365x2100) Image search: [Google]
dallaire-rwanda.jpg
282 KB, 1365x2100
>>57484960
I think it was stupid and it just one of a long line of incidents which prove the UN is useless.
>>
>>57484960
>100 days
>5 Million muslims here d
We could do it in One year
>>
>>57487266
I agree with the leaf.
>>
>>57484960
>a million innocent rwandans die
rwandans are hutus
>>
>>57484960
>(mostly by machete)
fucking br00tal
>>
>>57484960
Yes they are bound to happen again.

If we go back to the late 1800's the territory that now is Rwanda was a german colony. They didn't interfere much with the government back then.
The Hutu and Tutsi people are not actually different ethnicities but had more like a feudal relation. The hutus worked the fields
while the tutsi people owned cattle and therefore were considered a higher social class.
However is a tutsi man lost his cattle he became a hutu and vice-versa.
Now after WWI Germany lost control of the colony and Belgium gained control.
They had a wholly different approach. They interfered in the daily lives of rwandan people to milk out the most profit of the colony.
They actully made experiments on the hutu and tutsi people (for example measured their heads to determine how big their brains are)
and concluded that the tutsi are genetically superior and of caucasian origin therefore they gave every meaningful leading position to them. This act established the root of the conflict between the two people.

Now from what i gathered the UN didn't want to intervene because in a similar situation around that time they lost a helicopter full of soldiers and several other
peackeepers.. Its a damn shame.

I remember you never heard of genocide in Rwanda in the news but something like "a genocide-like situation" or "alleged genocide" so they weren't forced by international law to interfere
>>
>>57493250
don't get me wrong they fucked up their shit themselves after they achieved independence in the 60's (i think) but the conflict between the two people had a long history by that time
>>
>>57484960
Blacks have been killing blacks in africa for 10000 years. Even when brought to civilised country and shown the way of the white man they still keep killing each other. So some retarded un plan is not gonna change anything. I also dont give a shit.
>>
>>57484960
>caring about people who live nowhere near you and will probably never affect you in any shape or form killing each other for retarded reasons
>>
>>57493582
>>57493682
I don't say you should care about them, i certainly don't, but these are actually quite interesting events cause if you go back to the beginnings the conflicts were caused by europeans. We fucked up many countries around the world
>>
So we all agree that it's belgium's fault? Not the genocide of course, but enabling the conditions in which the genocide was possible?
>>
>>57494141
well i think they laid the groundwork by generating social tension
>>
>>57484960
>besides France

it's not like we had interest, we only helped for genociding
>>
No, you should not care. At least I don't really care about lives that were lost more than 20 years ago, heck, I couldn't care less about my grandpa's that happened year ago. But getting to know something as interesting as the developing of a mass murder that almost went unpunished is very valued to me. I gess some people can only see as far as their nose lets them.

>>57494141

I ceirtainly do agree with you.
>>
Just a normal day in Africa.
>>
>>57494141
Probably Belgian Jews
>>
>>57495072
>>57495240
ignorant americunts checking in.

such an interesting topic and thats your contribution
>>
>>57495449
Jews control the diamond industry in Belgium, Africa is full of diamonds. Connect the dots.
>>
Alot don't know that the Tutsis are actually a lost Somali clan sent by the Ajuran as envoys, Idk how they lost contact, most Tutsis can trace their lineage back to the Ethiopian Somali borders

>t. Folklore
>>
>>57495510
there are no diamonds in Rwanda unfortunately for them.

Cassiterite is the major mineral mined in the country followed by coltan, wolfram, tantalum and tungsten.
You are trying to connect nonexistent dots.

However im not saying the jews don't control the diamond industry
>>
>>57495888
>Cassiterite is a tin oxide mineral, SnO2. It is generally opaque, but it is translucent in thin crystals. Its luster and multiple crystal faces produce a desirable gem.
>a desirable gem
Connect the dots..
>>
>>57494005
>We fucked up many countries around the world

People exploiting each other is not limited by nationality and race family, even on an alternative timeline where the shoes are switched, the same thing will still happen as long as our nature hasn't been changed.

Before you yadda me about me being part of yurope

>t. chang
>>
>>57484960
That was a good movie
>>
>>57496065
This is why Americans refuse to apologize or feel bad for anything. Everyone else are shitty people too, just as shitty as us, and we're not sorry.
>>
>>57496125
Hotel Rwanda?
>>
I wish Africans (and third-worlders in general; also the Chinese) would kill each other more efficiently. Perhaps we Whites could help them out in the task.
>>
>>57496669
Opium made them too passive. Meth this time?
>>
>>57496065
i dont give a shit about it as i stated somewhere above its just interesting shit how the world works and events develop
>>
>>57496802
It was pretty cool that Rwanda almost defeated the Congo in a war
>>
File: polgetback.jpg (795 KB, 732x2251) Image search: [Google]
polgetback.jpg
795 KB, 732x2251
>>57486365
>Rhodesia
>Entirely ruined by blacks
Shut the fuck up you uneducated vodkanigger.
Also
>Russia talking about countries having low human development indexes.
>>
>>57487266
Greatest respect for Romeo Dallaire, and his book was very good reading. If there were a figure like him here in the US, PTSD might not be the problem it is.
>>
>>57485203

edgy.
>>
>>57484960

Yet again proving the the UN is as useless on tits on a bull.
>>
>>57493582

>brought to civilised country and shown the way of the white man

Nice bait m8.
>>
File: IMG_9570.jpg (49 KB, 402x366) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9570.jpg
49 KB, 402x366
>>57495510

>Jews

Jeez I wonder who's behind this post?
>>
>>57496802
I really admire your knowledge of this event and attempts to rationally discuss the situation with people but you might want to find a different outlet for yourself. You will not learn anything from people on this site. I think cafes and libraries are the best places to meet people with intellectual passions/knowledge as you have displayed.
>>
>>57498611
Fuck off nigger
>>
File: autoritah.jpg (79 KB, 700x721) Image search: [Google]
autoritah.jpg
79 KB, 700x721
>>57498611
a few times i was able to conduct a rational discussuion with educated people on this board so might as well try. But i see your point
unfortunately..

>>57498730
you are a disgrace to your countryman.

I hope this thread will still be alive in the morning maybe someone responds to the actual topic
>>
>>57496049
it is mainly used as a catalyst for the oxidation of aromatic compounds in the synthesis of carboxylic acids and acid anhydrides. Its not rare or hard to produce at all therefore its not really valuable
>>
>>57493250
is there anything the Belgians won't fuck up?
>>
>>57500402
There own Coun.... nevermind
>>
>>57500402
Considering they had language debates and issues that if they were a poor country, a powerful one can easily inflame to conflict. Said language issue has been a thing in Belgian society since forever and even spilled into their Congo colony.

Also

>On 1 June 2011, Belgium matched the record for time taken to form a new democratic government after an election, at 353 days, held until then by Cambodia in 2003–2004.[1] On 11 October 2011, the final agreement for institutional reform was presented to the media. A government coalition was named on 5 December 2011 and sworn in after a total of 541 days of negotiations and formation on 6 December 2011,[2] and 589 days without an elected government [3] with Elio Di Rupo named Prime Minister of the Di Rupo I Government.
>>
>>57498206
Yeah the type of shit he had to deal with especially from the bureaucracy and the French is soul destroying
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.