[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Join US army as a non-US citizen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: AH-64 Apache.jpg (568 KB, 2419x1892) Image search: [Google]
AH-64 Apache.jpg
568 KB, 2419x1892
Hey /int/,

long story short I want to join the US army as an aviation officer, I'm not an US citizen though so I wanted to know how I, a European, can join the US army?

I'm decently /fit/ and not a manlet (192cm) currently 18yrs old will be 19yrs when I try to enlist.
>>
Bump for empathy, somebody help this guy.
>>
im pretty sure joining the us army is a common way to get citizenship
>>
>>57421321
Thank you man, the Americans who can answer this question are probable working/asleep/waking up right now though, I should post again later.
>>
>>57421333
I hope so dutchbro, I couldn't care less about citizenship (except that it's a requirement for the army) I want to help protect the West (and to an extent the world) with my life. The Dutch army is too passive and not harsh and rigorous enough to prepare for war. Also yearly hard military budget cuts make it less attractive with every year passing.
>>
>>57420996
>>>/k/ 2bh

But as a non-citizen you'll probably end up being grunt/meat shield. As far as I know, in US you can become officer only if you completed military school, or something like that.
>>
>>57420996
Sorry, you would be seen as a a possible ISIS fighter trying to enter their lines and discarded and sent back to your bicycle ridden hellhole
>>
>>57421492
Most people don't get sent to the front lines so that really depends how well you do in basics. If you perform absolutely shit, no ones going to care if they send you out on the front.
>>
>>57421555
We have a tiered High School system. I go to be in the highest tier (VWO), IQ is somewhere between 125-135 (differs per test). As stated before decently /fit/. Would I do well enough to have a shot at becoming a helicopter pilot?
>>
>>57420996
You can join but not as an officer. Officers require security clearances which you as a foreign national cannot get. So you won't ever be able to pilot an aircraft but you can still do most related jobs as an enlisted soldier. You wouldn't be able to be a pilot at 19 even if you were a US citizen. Only commissioned and warrant officers are pilots and those require degrees or years of enlisted experience.

You have to emigrate first then you can enlist. Military service can grant you naturalization.
>>
>>57420996

Yes you can join. It's a lot of paperwork, but it's an easy way to get citizenship. Officers require at least a bachelor's degree, warrant officers associates. Not sure on what level of security clearance you can get being a non-citizen. Go to the U.S. Army's website for further information.
>>
>>57421772
This
>>
>>57421772

It is possible to get a low level clearance, but not to be a piolt.

However you can most likely get into unmanned aviation with the Army. 15E and 15W.
>>
File: [email protected] (844 KB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
Osprey-@Hurlburt.jpg
844 KB, 3216x2136
>>
Sorry Dutchbro, you have to at least be a Permanent Resident first to join the US army.
>>
>>57420996

>in the Army

DESU most of the guys I have met that are not natural born citizens start in the more basic MOS in regards to security clearances. Infantry, artillery, armor, ground mechanics, and so on. Unless you're an interpreter.

They also have all been enlisted. Never met an officer or chief warrant officer that was foreign born and didn't have dual citizenship from birth. I don't know the regulations regarding foreign nationals becoming officers and what not, I'm just speaking from my personal experience.

The Army's website is a good place to start.
>>
>>57420996

My dad served in the 75th ranger regiment in the 80's. He didn't have citizenship or a permanent greencard at the time he enlisted afaik.
Should be possible, though the criteria might have changed since.
>>
>>57420996
better go foreign legion or Israel
>>
>>57423138

It has changed since then, but 75th Rangers.... nice
>>
>>57420996
Since you are in europe why not join the french foreign legion?
>>
>>57423466
Isn't the FFL into some really sketchy shit?
>>
>>57420996
apparently flips can easily join the USN
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.