[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do we make islands like Puerto Rico, Guam, and American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (42 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 2000x1333
When do we make islands like Puerto Rico, Guam, and American Samoa official states?
How come Hawaii is the only one?
>>
Who cares

Guam is just a big submarine cable landing station for connectivity in south East Asia and Oceania as well as an air force base

When was the last time you went there, clap?
>>
Republicans would probably try to vote against accepting Puerto Rico as a state because they'd be a blue state and the Republican party is having a hard enough time as it is adapting to the changing demographics.
>>
Puerto Rico is spanish you fucking gringos.
>>
>>57412998
WE
>>
It should just become part of Florida
>>
I always wondered about Puerto-Rico. It's literally a vassal state. How it is allowed in 2016? Especially in the US which pretends to be etalon of democracy and human rights.
>>
>>57412784
I choose never.
>>
>>57413041
>etalon

Never once seen that word used.

(That's a bad thing)
>>
>>57412998
All Hispanics belong to Spain, now go my pretties.
>>
>>57413041
we should grant them independence and free all the PR's here from internalized American supremacy by repatriating them, yes.
>>
>>57413041
I didn't know how to translate this word, so I just used the French word which is used in Russian too. But seems it is used in English as well:
>In metrology (the science of measurement), a standard (or etalon) is an object, system, or experiment that bears a defined relationship to a unit of measurement of a physical quantity.
>>
>>57413041
>How it is allowed in 2016?
What, is Russia going to free them?
>>
>>57413283
Russia should liberate USA desu.
>>
>>57413330
>wanting AIDs and krokodil
>>
>>57413041
Nobody cares about those islands including Americans.
>>
>>57413366
What am I preserving?
An asshole for Mexico to invade?
An asshole for niggers to invade?
>>
>>57413366
At least with forerign occupants that aren't sneaky infiltrator hebrews I can have an excuse.
>>
File: 1456936186098.png (174 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1456936186098.png
174 KB, 680x583
>>57413430
I'm preserving the state?
>>
>>57412784
why do people stay on these islands while they can legally move to actual america?
>>
>>57413041
Its not a one sided deal, they dont have to pay federal taxes and business have some perks for running out of them vs a regular state.

A thing for people to keep in mind is that every US state runs the vast majority of its self, a us state is far more idnependant than any other countries sub-divisions.

So the situation with US territories is really one of whether or not they want to get in on federal level governance, in exchange for having to pay more for it. And keep in mind, its much harder for a state to back out than it is for a territory, a territory could potentially become independent more easily, whereas if a state tries that, it means war.
>>
>>57413547
whereas if a state tries that, it means war, why?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.