[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I an ignorant beginner, or does the South Brazilian accent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5
File: south.png (49 KB, 443x440) Image search: [Google]
south.png
49 KB, 443x440
Am I an ignorant beginner, or does the South Brazilian accent sound a lot closer to actual Portuguese than the North BR accent does?
>>
>>57397047
You are an ignorant beginner.
>>
>>57397047
sounds nothing like it, i dont there is a place in brazil that actually resembles the vocal less portuguese accent
>>
The pronunciation of the letter R is similar, and in the south we commonly use the "tu" pronoun, just like in Portugal. But that's about it.

In places like Florianópolis, the pronunciation of the S is also similar to European Portuguese

But the slightly frenchy way Portuguese people pronounce the vowels, that's found nowhere in Brazil.
>>
>>57397292
Interesting, because I've heard south and north BRs and the southerners didn't seem to have nearly as singsongy vowels, but I'm learning EU PT so I pay a lot more attention to that.

I've seen some Portuguese 14 year olds use BR PT on the internet, not sure why. Could be like when I was that age I had classmates who tried to talk "inner city nigga" to sound cool even though I'm from a 90% white suburb.
>>
>>57397292
>frenchie way
we speak like russians,not frenchi
>>57397378
because they know they'll attract a bigger audience if they speak in br pt...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HhQMwfmfg4

this guy is portuguese/brazilian, first he speaks in br-pt and then changes fast to eu-pt

br-pt:00:04 and then rest of the video
eu-pt:00:04-00:10

he speaks in br-pt so that niggers can understand
>>
>>57397047
Rio people speaks a much closer Portuguese to the original than any other place in the country.
>>
>>57398187
That's what people from Rio actually believe. Kek.
>>
The accent from Rio Grande do Sul has a Spanish influence because that area was Spanish for some time. So there you got it. European Portuguese is closer to Spanish than to Brazilian Portuguese.
>>
>>57398187
?
We make fun of the carioca accent because it's so fucking strange,how can it be closer to our?
>>
>>57398814
They love to say that shit. They think that just because they pronounce the S like SH they are the truest accent of them all.
>>
>>57398187
Is this "WE WUZ PORTUGUESE N SHIT"?
>>
>>57399700
we wush portugueshe n shhhht
>>
>>57399700
No its just part of rio's general retardation and their never ending ego.
>>
The accent of manezinhos is without a doubt the closest one to European Portuguese, It's incomprehensible sometimes to be honest.
>>
South Brazil = white

Pooptugal = moor

Please don't even compare the two of us
>>
>>57399700
No. They were the capital of the Portuguese empire for some time, and the capital of Brazil until the construction of Brasília, so they have this condescending side.
>>
>>57401154
>moor
okay, keep thinking that

As portuguesas são as mulheres mais lindas no mundo.
>>
>>57401389
Pay him no mind m8.
>>
>>57401449
So if I have kids with my Portuguese gf they won't technically be shitskin moors? Great.
>>
Spanish and poortugese are both the same language.
>>
>>57401174
>condescending side.
Side ? Just a side ? That's basically the entirety of their """"""""""""""""""culture"""""""""""""""""".
>>
>>57398034
>we speak like russians
nice meme. we speak like french, experts say that
>>
>>57398814
it's pretty close because of the way they say the "s" at the end of words but the nordeste is closer overall
>>
>>57401530
German and English are both the same language.
>>
>>57397378
>but I'm learning EU PT
good heavens, why? it's useless
>>
>>57401572
Norwegian and Swedi-, no, I mean Danish are both the same language.
>>
>>57401595
Best friend and gf are Portuguese. I started learning it just because I have this personal rule that when I have close friends who speak English as an L2, I'll at least learn the basics of their language. But I happened to love EU PT so much that I decided to go all the way with it. I'm trying to get to B1 before I visit in August.

Português europeu é a lingua mais linda no mundo.
>>
>>57401564
>the nordeste is closer overall

Are we? I think we're pretty unique. Different from both Brazilians and Portuguese.
>>
>>57401664
portugaboo hun? that's neat. i like that you like our language.
if you're ever in lisbon, give a shout out on /luso/. i'm usually around.
>>
>>57401664
>Português europeu é a lingua mais linda no mundo.
Português brasileiro*
>>
>>57401718
vocês não fazem uma série de coisas que o resto do brasil faz que vos torna mais próximos do resto do português. nomeadamente a africatização (um exemplo é ler a palavra "doente" como "doentxi". no nordeste em geral lê-se mais como se escreve, tal como em portugal) e transformação de um "l" no final de uma palavra para um "u" (por exemplo "brasil" fica "brasiu", o que no nordeste não é tão acentuado)
>>
>>57401807
>>57401664
Português é uma língua bruta. Não tem nada de bonito.
>>
Capixaba accent best accent
>>
>>57401862
A ultima flôr do Lácio, bela e inculta.
>>
>>57401884
naum vajs ter gorrrpe
>>
>>57401721
Sim, sou um portuboo, ou "lusofílo." I also like PT food, so far I've had caldo verde, bacalhau a bras and I found Sagres at a restaurant in Chicago. I've been meaning to try cooking bitoque, bifanas and bacalhau com natas.

I might have odd taste in languages, since I spent most of high school thinking German is the most beautiful language in the world. German honestly does have an underrated beauty as long as you don't talk like an angry SS officer, but the grammar has ruined anything I liked about that language especially after seeing how much simpler romance grammar is.

Like I said, I'm planning on going over in August, I'll probably get to see Lisboa, Sintra, Óbidos, Coimbra and perhaps Peniche too.
>>
>>57401808
>por exemplo "brasil" fica "brasiu", o que no nordeste não é tão acentuado
Sinto lhe informar, mas já não é mais assim. Meus avós ainda pronunciam o L, mas a atual geração já não faz mais isso. Por influência da mídia que é centralizada no eixo Rio-SP.
>>
>>57401939
De onde você tirou isso? Nada a ver.
>>
Voces deviam era tudo ir se foder e comer umas bucetas psh.
>>
>>57401862
gosto mais que a merda do francês psh
>>
>>57402070
Por falar em bucetas, sabem se o seu buceta morreu ou não?
>>
>>57401994
caralho e já começam a fazer o "dxi" e "txi" também? porra nordeste. era literalmente a única coisa que ainda tinham que me fazia gostar de vós
>>
>>57402075

BAGUETTE BAGUETTE BAGUETE HON HON HON HON HON OMELETTE DU FROMAGE
>>
>>57402100
a bala bateu nos dentes dele, ele tá vivo
>>
>>57402100

Nope, vivo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrGeQRYKrCg
>>
>>57402102
>"dxi" e "txi"
Algumas pessoas sim. Mas a maioria não. Eu pessoalmente odeio quem faz isso. Meu pai também fica louco quando vê alguém na TV local falando com sotaque de fora.
>>
>>57402131
>>57402145
lol
>>
>>57402120
Mas vocês dizam "vc e br huehuehuersrsrskkkkk"
>>
>>57401990
i know how to speak german too, actually, i think it can be lovely too. definitely very underrated and for some reason insulted even.
i think french is very overrated.
if that's your course i suggest you visit the westernmost point of the eurasia continental plate at cabo da roca, which is relatively close to sintra. the view is beautiful there and very worth seeing imo
>>
>>57402162
menos mal. fico com pena de já deixarem cair o "l" no fim, mas enfim.
>>
>>57402182

e vocês dizem "MAH BURGER MUH FREDDUMS *gets shot*
>>
>>57402229
>l
Asq nem sequer consigo pronunciar o l no final da palavra. Até consigo, mas não soa natural. Aí você vai mais pro interior e vê que todas as pessoas um pouco mais velhas ainda pronunciam o l. É triste.
>>
>>57402182
Rooty tooty point 'n shooty!!!
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0yF4QLR7D7D does my gf's BR accent sound convincing?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bMXTejxUBF her normal voice

>>57402205
Most people just hear German as the Nazi language in WWII movies. Any language can be as beautiful or ugly as you make it. A lot of people say Italian is beautiful, but it's nasty when you just hear someone's grandfather shouting "CHE PALLE!"
>>
>>57402341
será uma coisa a descobrir quando eu for passear para aquelas vilas isoladas do interior nordestino, então.
>>
>>57402393
she sounds like she's from oeiras or cascais
>>
>>57402408
Não acho que seja algo que você deve fazer. Não é atrativo nem para brasileiros. E não existe turismo no sertão (que é de onde eu sou), apenas no litoral.
>>
>>57402393
>does my gf's BR accent sound convincing?
Não.
>>
>>57402468
mas eu queria descobrir aquelas igrejas antigas mandadas construir por um capitão qualquer nascido numa terriola aqui em portugal. queria ver os vales verdes amazónicos com pequenas casinhas aqui e acolá. queria ouvir as pessoas falar e sentir-me um explorador do século XVII.
nunca poderei sentir isso pois não?
>>
>>57402462
Nope, Óbidos. I don't know much about Cascais besides that it's rich people land and has some beaches which are always crowded. As far as I know, her family isn't well off, and she's never been outside of central Portugal save for a trip to Porto back in the fall (where she's gonna go to Uni soon).

What made you think that? If she comes off as a pretentious pseudo-intellectual, well, yep. But so am I so go figure.
>>
>>57402561
Left this out http://vocaroo.com/i/s1P38pohoFLa

Her facebook is almost all quotes like this.
>>
>>57402561
not pseudo-intellectual or anything, just typical of that area. kinda sounds like she's speaking portuguese with a bit of a french accent. a bit pretentious but i guess not on purpose.
i met a girl from torres vedras and she had a bit of an accent like that too, but she lived in oeiras during most of the school year anyway.
óbidos has a great castle 2bh
>>
>>57401389
Based,
>>
>>57402733
I posted her in a different thread yesterday and another PT said "sounds like a pretentious blonde from Cascais" so you weren't the first.

>>57402799
mah nigga
>>
>>57402528
Não temos igrejas históricas assim. Elas estão mais no litoral e em Minas Gerais. Minha região (sertão nordestino) também é conhecida pela seca, aqui faz sol durante 330 dias do ano, então só é verde por um breve período de tempo.

>nunca poderei sentir isso pois não?

Pode, mas não aqui.
>>
>>57402938
well doesn't she have relatives in there?
>>
>>57402941
então vou para o litoral. o sertão nordestino tem alguma coisa para ver?
>>
>>57402962
Not as far as I know. Her extended family seems to be all in/around Óbidos and her sister lives in Caldas da Rainha.
>>
>>57402528
>queria ver os vales verdes amazónicos com pequenas casinhas aqui e acolá
Eu sou de Manaus e falo da parte a que me pertence. Tu tens uma visão romântica que não existe mais , a menos que fosses muito ao interior o que tornaria toda a viagem demasiada desgastante e até mesmo um tanto perigosa.
>>
>>57402938
Im not the samefag
Im from the north and her "accent"fits anywhere...
It's urban EU.portuguese,found in any region in Portugal.
>>
File: missa.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
missa.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>57402995
Sinceramente, eu não acho que você vai gostar. Então é melhor só ficar pelo litoral mesmo. Picrel é de uma missa que aconteceu num povoado da minha cidade.
>>
>>57403028
well i have relatives in caldas and they don't speak like that. maybe it's just her for some reason.

>>57403057
era um bocadinho cerrado à moda de cascais psh
>>
>>57403068
>esta linda pic
é este género de coisa que quero ver, sabes. fico-me só pelo litoral então

>>57403052
mas manaus é uma cidade enorme. eu queria uma vilazinha pequena
>>
>>57403088
I didn't know the Caldas/Leiria area even had an accent. To me Lisboa/central Portugal is "standard" PT, and the only other strong accent is Porto. I've also heard about Alentejano and Algarve, but everyone says those are less distinct.
>>
Asking here since that screaming Brazilian is in the other thread.
How are the olympics shaping up? is the situation improving as the date nears? also are they going to use the stadiums that were build for fifa?

Brazil seems like the most HAPPENING country in the world right now with the olympics, zika, the impeachment, possible Panama stuff etc.
>>
>>57403123
Olha cara. Eu pessoalmente acho que o pantanal é uma região que vale a pena se conhecer.

>Brazil seems like the most HAPPENING country in the world right now with the olympics, zika, the impeachment, possible Panama stuff etc.

>zika
we don't care
>olympics
we don't care
>panama
we haven't even heard about

>impeachment

This is the main and only happening, anything else is small shit.
>>
>>57403231

Shi and lierally nobody cares. So much that the sales for the games are low as fuck.

Impeachment still on going, Dilma presented her defense today, but nobody gave a shit either. Zika no more news about it and Panama is quite obvious.
>>
>>57403174
oh they don't, that's exactly correct. traditionally the caldas/leiria region is considered the classical standard accent. your gf has a bit like oeiras/cascais for some reason tho (at least on those vocaroos).

norte region has 3 accents imo, pure north, southern north which is contiguous with the beira accent and porto which is influenced by the rest of the country as it is a big city.
then you have the beira accent, the coimbra accent, the centro/lisboa accent and finally alentejo accent with tends to use a bit more of gerund like in brazilian portuguese. oh and also madeira and açores accents.

tl;dr: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Portuguese#/media/File:Portugu%C3%A9s_europeo.png
>>
>>57403123
Então presta atenção somente na última parte do meu post
>>
>>57403272
>pantanal
vou ver disso então. brigado amigo
>>
>>57403310
vai ser perigoso então. vou ter calma para já. o brasil é enorme.
>>
>>57397047
The cariocas do so
>>
>>57403394
>brasil é enorme.
Só a região norte por si só é maior que todos os países da união europeia juntos.
>>
>>57403335
https://diariosdeferias.wordpress.com/category/viagens/america-do-sul/brasil-america-do-sul/tocantins/jalapao/

Esse aqui é outro lugar no Brasil que eu tenho bastante vontade de conhecer.
>>
>>57403231
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-04/rio-olympics-work-was-a-mess-and-then-something-curious-happened
I will probably end up buying some tickets. But right now most people are worried about politics. And we must wait to see what the Panama papers will bring to us.
>>
>>57403470
ai meu deus isso é lindo foda-se. qmd ir já. que coisa linda. porque é que o brasil tinha de ser tão perigoso. que pérola, que diamante em bruto.
>>
>>57403450
A união europeia é maior por uns 500 mil km21
>>
>>57403551
>porque é que o brasil tinha de ser tão perigoso
Ikr. Meu único problema com o Brasil é isso. A violência.
>>
>>57403498

>not even half of the tickets sold

Man this Olympics will be so shit.
>>
>>57403652
mas mesmo. sinto a mesma coisa.
>>
File: Petrolina.jpg (1 MB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
Petrolina.jpg
1 MB, 1200x797
>>57403123
>esta linda pic
Não é o que a maioria das pessoas pensa. Eu gosto da minha terrinha, mas a maioria das pessoas acha que é feio.
>>
File: missa do vaqueiro.jpg (309 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
missa do vaqueiro.jpg
309 KB, 1600x1200
>>57404376
Sem falar no que pensam de nós como pessoas. Mas enfim, quando digo que não recomendo é porquê realmente não é um ponto turístico. Os estrangeiros que conheci aqui vieram todos para trabalhar. Na verdade nunca conheci alguém que veio aqui para fazer turismo, kek.
>>
>>57398557
he's right though
>>
>>57404376
petrolina nao e quente pra cacete?
>>
>>57405561
errata: acho que confundi com Teresina. De qualquer forma, como é por ai? Do nordeste so conheço resifilis
>>
>>57404376
Até que é bonito, mas prefiro ir para o sul, sudeste ou centro-oeste que posso encontrar algo parecido com isso e com um clima muito mais ameno e fresco
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.