[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF i hate faroe islands now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: wtf.jpg (173 KB, 850x637) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
173 KB, 850x637
WTF i hate faroe islands now
>>
what is ?
>>
If whales are so great why are they dead?
>>
Is whale meat good? I kind of want to try it.
>>
Some people really hate dolphins. No idea what that's all about.
>>
>>57385936
WTF I fuck'n Love faroe islands now!
>>
>>57386031
Go into the ocean
>>
this is what happens after 1000 years of inbreading
>>
>>57386085
Dolphins sucks
>>
>>57385936
is like my country n mexico with another animals like bulls
>>
Does anyone have that cringe video where some kid from Faroe Island's made where Sonic or some fake Sonic-like hedgehog alien falls from space and some bad guy alien is chasing him?
>>
are these faroe people even white
>>
File: Uber Kek.jpg (62 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
Uber Kek.jpg
62 KB, 395x401
>be poor third world orphan
>get adopted by Faroese parents
>>
>>57386200
I could barely make out what you were saying but is this the video you're looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1bBnpkDjNI
>>
>>57386092
I will just eat your mums pussy out lmao
>>
>>57386351
Yes, thank you!
Sorry about the phrasing.
>>
>>57386351
This is unironically the most watched video ever produced in Faroe Islands.
lamo
>>
>>57385936
what is even going on there? i-is that all tinted with blood?
>>
>>57387468
>>57386554
>>57386351
Someone explain this Sonic autism meme to me, I've never been to /v/ (probably came from there 10 years ago or so)
>>
>>57386031

It's really good but you can't really compare the taste with any other animal, I think, so I won't.

>>57386085

Me neither. They're wonderful creatures. Very tasty, too.

>>57386095

>1000 years of inbreading

To be continued

>>57388256

The pilot whales (=big dolphin cousins) are herded towards a beach and are killed when at breast-depth. Yes, it is tinted with blood.
>>
>>57385936
Doesn't all that blood attract fucktons of shark?
>standing right in the blood
>>
delet this
>>
>>57386031
Kinda like tough beef. Not that great, IMO.
>>
>>57388659
I'll be coming over soon my Faroese friend,get that boipussi ready
>>
File: putin-dolphin.jpg (91 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
putin-dolphin.jpg
91 KB, 636x477
>>57386141
you suck
>>
>>57389811

ok
>>
>>57388421
I think Sonic attracts so much autism because it attracts all the little dorks and geeks that are yet to grow up to be furries, probably a little edgy from being bullied in school.
Of course those little closet furries enjoy drawing and cartoon so they decide to create a Sonic themed character that could fit in the games universe, their imaginary friend or future fursona.
They are unaware of how bad it looks or how people will judge them for it because they have no self awareness.
They get bullied even more, get farther away from socity and they no longer care because they start to feel different then you have full grown furries that wear fedoras and wear Sonic t-shirts.
>>
>>57389967
Glad you took it easy.
Are you the same Faroese who was telling me about whaling like a few weeks ago?
I'd be into that shit tbhsenpai
>>
>>57389447
Pretty sure smelling all that blood as a shark is like blowing an air horn at a cat.
>>
>>57389973
>furries
Well I guess that could explain it, as I rarely see comparable levels of let's say Mario or Zelda autism (it's there but nowhere near)
>>
Is dolphins have an human-tier IQ, if i don't mistake?
>>
Pretty sure this was thinly-veiled bait to grab the flag m8
>>
>>57390340
I think that while it might be exaggerated by Sea Shithead and other attention whoring "NGOs", they are closely related to pigs which are known to be more intelligent than dogs so there's that
>>
>>57390033

Probably, yes. I don't think I've ever seen a foreigner in a hunt. A few Danish immigrants but other than that it has to be a very thin crowd haha.

It can sometimes get a bit chaotic because the water's fucking cold and guy's are usually hyped as fuck. I just hope people would not see you as the usual Sea Shepherd drone. This would obviously be remedied if you were in the thick of it.
>>
>>57390340

No, they don't, obviously, but they probably are the most intelligent non-human animal that we know of.
>>
>>57391091
Not convinced they outwit chimps desu
>>
>>57390921
Tell me about the hunts. Do the people take any drugs that make them more barbaric?
>>
>>57390340
I read that while overall brain size doesn't correlate with intelligence, it's a complex metric involving the grooves and surface area.

Dolphins are the only creatures higher than humans.
>>
>>57391256
Hallo Claudia
>>
>>57390921
I'd be up for doing this shit man.
Some Faroese told me a few weeks ago that some people had to do courses in order to hunt the whales,is that true?
If I went over during summer Grind season,would there be someone I could meet to take me out to the beach to just help out?
I want to send back to Ireland some pilot whale for my father.
>>
>>57391354
I want /deutsch/ to leave. :(
>>
>>57391442
Haven't visited this cancer containment zone since 2013 desu, and even then only rarely
But seriously
>whaling is barbaric whaa whaa
Seriously, >>>/t/umblr/ is this way
>>
>>57391256

The basic idea is that when someone spots a herd of whales close to the islands, word is spread to nearby villages and overseers. We don't actually go out to sea to hunt the whales, it's just the ones that pass through the islands.

Then every guy with a boat is summoned to help herd the whales toward an approved killing beach (criteria being access, depth etc.) where guys and some women from all around are ready to wade out, hook the whales in their blowholes and drag them inland.

The whales are killed on their way in. They are not beached before death. The killing happens by way of a spear inserted into the spine just behind the neck which cuts off all major arteries that lead to the brain, making the whale unconscious almost instantly and killing it within a few seconds.

>Do the people take any drugs that make them more barbaric?

lel, besides caffeine, I think most of us are running on adrenaline and the will to get the shit over with as quickly as possible so as to get out of the water before you go completely numb.
>>
>>57389973
Not so much this, it's that Sonic is branded as this super cool "bad attitude" pseudo-edgy character who also believes in the power of friendship or some bullshit, which is super appealing to autists because 1) they are literally wired to be what society dictates is uncool and 2) they can't make friends, so Sonic is a combination of the two things they can never have.
>>
>>57391732
Gotta say, that sounds quite interesting.
>>57391656
Thanks for redirecting me, good friend!
>>
>>57391420
Whale meat is illegal in the EU, I think.
>>
>>57391732
jesus christ that's fucking primal
>>
>>57391866
Fuck it anyway,I want to come over.
I heard Irish saints are known to the Faroe Islands,know anything about that?
>>
>>57391937
I don't know

We have Celtic place names like Argir and Celtic historic figures like GrĂ­mur Kamban though
>>
>>57392114
Thats pretty cool mang.
What do you actually do for a living?
>>
>>57391420

It was probably I that told you that. The courses are only for those that actually are allowed to carry the spears and do the very act of killing. But other people are free to participate by wading out with everyone else, hook the whales and pull them in.

And to be honest, that is the vast majority of the work. Killing the whales only amounts to a few seconds per whale.

Some pro tips if you do plan and attending: 1) Do not wear boots. They get filled up with water and serve as weights that will exhaust you very quickly. 2) Unless you have a diving suit underneath, wear thick woollen clothing. It insulates very well from the cold water. 3) Respect the animals and get it over with as quickly as possible, no petting or navelgazing.

>If I went over during summer Grind season,would there be someone I could meet to take me out to the beach to just help out?

I honestly have no experience with foreigners wanting to participate. Maybe ask a tourist guide to hook you up with a 'grindaformann' - write the word down. Otherwise, you might find someone at a bar who can hook you up.

Just keep in mind that these things are not planned in advance. Sometimes, there are no hunts. So just be prepared to be disappointed.

>I want to send back to Ireland some pilot whale for my father.

If all else fails. I think you can probably find whale meat at a butcher's but it's quite rare to find because most of the meat is distributed amongst the participants free of charge.
>>
>>57392241
Gymnasium
>>
>>57391937

>I heard Irish saints are known to the Faroe Islands

I doubt they're known to most people as Irish saints. Almost everyone here is Lutheran so saints are not venerated to any extent beyond their historical significance.

That said, Irish culture is quite popular here. There's an Irish pub in the capital and Irish music is well liked. There are some Irish place- and people's names here and a lot of the women here are of celtic origin. For rapine reasons, unfortunately.
>>
>>57392258
Hunting is a big part of my life so of course I respect the animal before and after I kill it.
Of course,I imagine that ye lads dont use guns for this kind of thing haha
Thanks for the info man,i'll make sure to write it down.
I figure the majority on the Islands speak English too no?
>>
>>57392338
These niggas don't know what that is
>>
>>57392803
I get it,he works in a gym.
Doing gym related shit.
>>
File: 1446905823808.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1446905823808.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>57392918
>>
>>57392918
Gymnasium is like upper secondary in the UK where you do some A levels and fuck off to university
>>
>>57392752

>Of course,I imagine that ye lads dont use guns for this kind of thing haha

Not for the whale hunts but there is a lot of sea fowl and mountain hare hunting down when their respective seasons are in. For those, hunting shotguns are used. Rifles are illegal here since there is no game that warrants them.

I have no experience with these hunts but I have been planning to for some time now. I've got myself a boat and I'm going to start working on cleaning my father's old shotgun. I might go for a trip this fall, maybe.

See the vid for illustration of one way to hunt for fowl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LUv4sEyfcw

If you're interested in those, I'm guessing your best bet is also with a tourist guide. Ask them if it is legal and who to contact.

>I figure the majority on the Islands speak English too no?

Yes, though, people over the age of 40-50 will probably struggle.
>>
>>57393138
I think I get you.
I think I do.
>>
>>57393203
No,i'm really only intrested in hunting with my rifle,Sika and rabbits are popular game here.
But thats good to know anyway,thanks man.
Are licences for guns cheap over in the Faroe Islands?
>>
>>57393474
There is no licencing

Shotguns are basically unrestricted, but you need get approval from the bailiff to own anything else (practically illegal).
>>
>>57393666
Nice trips.
Oh well thats a nice law.And by all rifles are illegal do you mean .22 rifles as well?
I mean .22 is a handy round to have.
>>
>>57393828

I don't know actually. As I said above, I don't have experience with hunting with guns and as such have little to no knowledge about them and their legality here.
>>
>>57394289
You can buy a shotgun or air rifle without a problem, but rifles and pistols are practically illegal. The law is a modified (shotgun part) Danish law.
>>
I would certainly like to try whale even though I have heard it is not so great.
>>
>>57386085
Just to spite faggots who claim dolphins are too noble to be eaten.
>>
>>57394544

Depends what kind of whale it is, I suppose. Personally, I love pilot whale (which is actually a big dolphin) but it might be an acquired taste, I don't know.
>>
>>57385936
Do liberals still care about whales? Seems they all
focus on sexism in video games now.
>>
>>57394953
they support fat acceptance, so the whales too i guess
>>
I for one think our whale hunt is barbaric, and would prefer for the government to outlaw it. It's 2016, we have no need for such cruel practices in this day and age.
>>
>>57395738
>t. sosialistisk ung
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.