[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready to serve with your equals, Briton? http://www
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: 1459726338880.webm (2 MB, 613x360) Image search: [Google]
1459726338880.webm
2 MB, 613x360
Are you ready to serve with your equals, Briton?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/fitness-test-relaxed-to-help-put-women-on-front-line-79d7bxp25

>Army re-writing fitness tests so women can qualify for front line once rules are changed this summer
>Physical differences between men and women will be recognised in tests
>Female soldiers expected to be allowed to join close combat infantry and armoured regiments
>reforms come alongside changes to the Army's physical training which is currently 'optimised for male physiology'
>Research found women twice as likely to suffer musculoskeletal injuries during training
>modified tests will attempt to 'drive down' the number of women injured
>Colonel Richard Kemp, who commanded British forces in Afghanistan, warned: 'You will have infantry soldiers who are less capable than they are today. I have spoken to people who are serving in the infantry who said that if women are allowed in, they will leave.'
>>
No, this is stupid. Women should not be in the armed forces at all.
>>
>>57351979
Is it a good idea to lean on your pew pew machine like that?
>>
File: 1459726314039.webm (783 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459726314039.webm
783 KB, 480x360
>>
>>57353144

Jesus Christ.
>>
File: 1448757142361.png (256 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1448757142361.png
256 KB, 635x457
>>57351979
>using your weapon as a support structure
>>
>>57353144

>that throw

Classic
>>
>>57352002
they should just there to polish the officers and that's it.
>>
>>57352090

Hell no. If the instructor is worth his salt that's what he's screaming at her about.
>>
>>57353144
What happens if there's combat during their period?
>No. I don't wanna fight. I don't care if we lose. Shoot me. Leave me alone.
>>
File: 049_tanke.jpg (114 KB, 729x1024) Image search: [Google]
049_tanke.jpg
114 KB, 729x1024
>>57352090
Only if it's made with soviet engineering
>>
>>57352002
*tips*
>>
Living with women in the military is already pure hell

I cannot imagine ever being in any sort of combat with them
>>
>>57353388
It's honestly accurate. The front-line military did just fine without women in it for the last 6,000 years.
>>
>>57353144
No joke, I did something similar when I did grenades.

I came to a concrete outpost on a hill and was instructed to throw the grenade over into the valley, under the supervision of a superior.
For the life of me, I couldn't get the fucking ring off the grenade. And my lieutenant is there, his eyes gradually getting bigger and bigger as I tussle with the explosive in my hand. I eventually did so, but there was a moment when we were both kinda terrified.
>>
>>57353349
underrated post, made me kek hard.
t. ex military, I've seen this shit.
>>
>>57351979

>constantly hear fights going on outside the female barracks and when in the field
>the smallest, weakest ones want to be infantry
>why I'm done after this contract
>>
>>57354034

Have some anecdotes to share?
>>
Fuck the army. It's nothing but a tool of statist violence and oppression.
>>
>>57354449
you will find your light my friend, it is in there
>>
>>57354310

>get a new female in my platoon, good looking
>she is green as green can be
>highly motivated over the dumb shit
>constantly talks about how Army girls are sluts
>this goes on for about 6 months
>all the Sr. NCOS seem to love her
>we go to the field for 2 weeks
>I'm pulling guard duty one night
>keep hearing noises from a maintenance tent
>don't really pay much attention since we have ground maintenance with us working around the clock
>battalion command sergeant major comes up to the guy on duty with me and myself
>asks us what company we are with
>we are the company he is looking for
>trying to find this female solider
>at this point it is clear sex is the noise we have been hearing by gagging
>all three of us go to the tent
>CSM opens the flap and walks in first
>he goes full rage mode
>we finally see what is going on
>it's the female taking a Sergeant First Class's cock down her throat and a Staff Sergeant's in her ass, tent smelled of shit
>The sergeant major was looking for her because her husband was in a car wreck back on main post
>>
>>57353965
Any stories?
>>
>>57354627

Wow.
>>
>>57352090
you sonva bitch, you stupid sonva bitch

>a pew pew machine
>really! !!
>>
>>57354627
That's fucking sad.
>>
>>57354729

The joke goes that you're issued knee pads for promotions.
>>
>>57352090
Won't break it, but I have to admit when she looked down the barrel at the 30sec mark I kind of went into raging army cunt again for a little while
>>
>>57354627
I believe this 100%

I remember in bootcamp talking to chicks, and already they were focused on sex and drama after initiation. Nothing but mood swings with those chicks

The amount of sex in units is insane, and as we all know fuckbuddies always go sour
>>
>>57351979
What is going on in that webm and why
>>
>>57354915
wahhh muh legs hurt
>>
>>57351979
In the old times they bayoneted those weaklings
>>
>>57354915
Training exercise, she ended up in the hospital for two weeks after that, there is a longer version that shows a guy leisurely stroll past her to the finish line
>>
>>57354878

That is probably just the most fucked up thing I've seen, but when I was still with that unit it was pretty common to see pup tents bumping like an earthquake is happening.

I can't confirm this one, but after I PCSed the one guy I was good friends with at that unit told me our female XO got knocked up by one of the lower enlisted she was fucking. I guess she thought she was pregnant to a white dude and tried to just lie to her white husband that it was his kid.... kid came out brown and she is also white...
>>
>>57355024

Scary thing is I'm pretty sure she is or was a 68W when it happened.
>>
File: uuni%20tulille.jpg (98 KB, 879x879) Image search: [Google]
uuni%20tulille.jpg
98 KB, 879x879
>>57352090
No, but this is exactly the kind of weapon handling that I saw a lot during my conscription, pretty much always by women.
>>
>>57355088

I always loved the females that would rest their chin on the muzzle. Also were always flagging people with their barrel too.
>>
>>57354915
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6x2guhVu_w
>>
>>57355088
You mean the M4?

>>57355114
>rest their chin on the muzzle
How could one do this while holding their rifle?
>Also were always flagging people with their barrel too.
This I can confirm.
>>
>>57355114
>I always loved the females that would rest their chin on the muzzle.

All. The. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>57355187

They would be sitting down and being lazy would out the butt stock on the ground and then rest their chin on the end of the barrel. Normally out their hand over it then their chin on their hand
>>
>>57355114
Anyone sweeping with the muzzle got bawled out and PT'd half to death here, least by the time basic was over, most of them where at least aware of what they're doing.
>>
>>57355283

They should have gotten the dog shot smoked out of them in basic, but idk...

They were normally all buddy, buddy with the leadership so they never got called on it. I tried to nicely tell a few of them about it, but seeing that they normally were the same rank as me they just didn't care.
>>
>>57355276
Oh I didn't realize anyone would actually ever do that. I guess I have too much faith in people.

I was just assuming you guys were talking about holding it while marching like in OP's vidya.
>>
>>57353144

This was a special training grenade or everyone in this video died?
>>
>>57355354
Think my saving grace was that my first command was pretty rear echelon (signals), so most of the time on in-country manoeuvres and training, I just didn't give them weapons :)

Now, before anyone hates on me for that- 90% of them where city muppets and 50% of them where women so it was one less problem to have to deal with neg discharges, someone getting shot and of course, someone losing their fucking weapon.
>>
>>57355446

I normally have my sling around me when rucking. Learned that the hard way at the tail end of my BCT when I ate shit from tripping on a pot hole and my rifle went sliding down the dirt right to the feet of a Drill Sergeant
>>
>>57355283
When i went through basic if that muzzle was sweeping you got PT'ed till you dropped. Do it twice and you were permanently on DRILL SGT's shit list.
>>
>>57355520
Outstanding. That is thinking ahead and watching out for your troops!
>>
>>57355455

It's a training one. All it has is the primer which is what would cause the explosion in a real grenade.
>>
>>57355520

Mehh that is good and bad. More of a quality of life issue for you.

Even if they were shit bags you train as you fight so the less time they get with their weapons the less familiar they will be with them. If they get use to having them they tend not to loose them. When I got back from my first deployment it took me about 3 weeks until I stopped have mini panic attacks when I would reach or look for my M4 and it wasn't there.
>>
>>57355548
We had the trick of taking a spare belt or bootlace and trying one end to the rifle and another to our wrists. That way when we were resting and DRILL SGT was prowling around looking for unsecured weapons he couldn't get us if we took a quick nap while our rifles were next to us.
>>
>>57355766

Was that in the field or your barracks?

We had to leave our rifles port side up on the floor in front of our locker at night. They wouldn't take them, but they would switch some off of safe and check back the next hour to see if the new guard shift did their job and check to make sure they were all on safe.

In the field at basic I would just wrap my sling around my wrists a few times so it couldn't be taken without picking my arm up and unwrapping it which obviously would have woken me up before they could take it.
>>
>>57355024
>she ended up in the hospital for two weeks after that
why
>>
>>57355550
>>57355601
>>57355731

Its sort of a risk-assessment thing, when they didn't get guns it was mostly because I wanted them to focus on their technical, off road driving, setting up equipment and gear.
When you're training people, you can overwhelm them with too much information.
Later on when I was confident that they had their fieldcraft, driving and technical stuff down, we'd move onto the next step of functioning as if we're in a combat environment so there would be weapons, guard duties, emplacements etc

People can only absorb so much at any one time, so I found when I stretched it out (a small luxury at the time) and could get their competencies down, then its the next step and so on.
>>
>>57353652
Yet Russia had women in the Red Army and won WWII.
>>
>>57355943

Your basic training must suck.

I had a rifle the whole time and that is where I learned how to do everything with a weapon. Even when I was at my 22 weeks AIT I was issued a rifle 3 weeks before even going to the field. That thing was with me everywhere.
>>
>>57355981
They also had men without rifles. Zerg rush works but isn't effective if you don't to take a whole lot of casualties.
>>
>>57355981
And they got rid of them as soon as was possible, they must have been very impressed with their performance
>>
>>57355981
That was total war though, not comparable at all to the smaller, more "elite" forces most western countries keep
>>
>>57355912
In the field.

Our rifles were secured in company supply every night and we got them out in the morning. Some did it just as you described but lots of us did the spare trick.
>>
>>57356026
*don't want to
>>
>>57356018
Basic's just basic- you learn how to use the weapons that are endemic to the army, how to navigate, field craft, marching around, saluting, how not to fuck up etc.

When you're putting together a group of people who need to work as a team- that's an entirely different thing that needs to be focused on. Essentially its a whole different kind of team building exercise that teaches them how to work together, look after each other and do their jobs, who does what, who will do if it they're unavailable etc.
So its post-basic, but a team never stops learning. For that particular team, weapons handling and tactics was in the lower 25% of 'shit they need to know', so it was in the last part of their team cycle of training.
>>
>>57356018
>Your basic training must suck.

Aussie training has a reputation of being top notch.
>>
>>57356087
>"elite"

How's that victory in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya going? Elite means jack-shit when you never win.
>>
>>57355981
Lots of Armies had females. However, even the Red Army didn't use them en masse as front line infantry
>>
>>57356192
>field craft
examples?
>>
>>57356192

Just a really strange concept to me. Not having a weapon at all times in the field that is. What you're saying makes sense, that is a lot of what I've done too, but if we go to the field... you have a weapon on you all the time since it is a simulated combat environment
>>
>>57356212
Political or Militarily? If all gloves are off, the situations in all three countries would be straight forward. Locate and destroy the enemy anywhere,anytime, anyplace using any means available and in anyway possible to cause maximum damage to the enemy while minimizing losses to one's units.
>>
I don't see how most women can handle carrying a full combat load for hours at a time. Many men can't either and of the men that can many leave service with severe joint or back issues.

>>57355981
Soviets didn't urraaa charge loaded with armor plates and equipment, many had nothing but a rifle and a small amount of ammo if any. Even still I doubt every woman had an easy time shouldering a Mosin of all things on the front lines, there is a reason many of them were relegated to marksman positions.

>>57356212
I don't see how that relates to the original argument, you're just going off on a tangent now. Are you suggesting that because a force having higher standards does not work it should have lower standards?
>>
>>57355919
Female bone structure, I heard it was some sort of injury to her hips
>>
>>57356515
Are female hips designed for birthing babies, not hauling heavy shit?
>>
>>57356257
Basically camping, old school navigation (with map and compass) how to set up shelters, make bridges, load bearing structures out of timber to lift gear, fires (making and not burning down a forest) and all that kind of shit. Now for someone like me who'd done it since I was about 10, its all part and parcel of life growing up in the country, but you can't assume anyone knows anything. So you teach it.

>>57356268
If I was running a combat unit, (which I've done as well) its a different modus- I don't expect a rear echelon unit to have the same kind of marksmanship as a full time combat platoon. Likewise, I don't expect the combat platoon to know how to fix a PRC radio either.
By the time we where deployed to Timor, they'd redone a lot of their weapons handling, had some time with marksmen to sharpen up their skills as well as all the other basics of securing a position etc.

Lot of it also comes down to my personal accountability. My captain at the time said, this is essentially what I want your guys and girls to know. So I make sure they know how to do their job as well as they can possibly perform.
If they can't do it, then its back on me.
>>
>>57356616
Any books on field craft?
>>
>>57356616
this >>57356737
>>
>>57356737
>>57356768

Really simple stuff for cadet-levels
https://auscadet.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/cadet-instructors-handbook-field-craft.pdf
>>
>>57353349
I lick all the blood outta her pussy so she's fit for action again
>>
File: don.jpg (48 KB, 492x572) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
48 KB, 492x572
>>57356851
>>
>>57356842
Thanks, I'm interested in any of this type of stuff, especially things like building bridges and load bearing structures
>>
>>57356933

Just Google for them.

There are tons of U.S. manuals on the web.
>>
>>57356933
Here's a simple one
http://www.psgtech.edu/ncc/documents/ep_syllabus.pdf

While that doesn't have all the specifics details of every single thing, it does have what most combat engineers learn over time- then you can research the individual items
>>
>>57357161
Thanks again, you should think about making a thread on /k/ sometime, I bet they would love this stuff
>>
>>57355981
Last years of war they did, used them for artillery and AA guns regiments, didn't get much out of them, mostly negative reports if I recall
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.