[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is one of the biggest myths about Africa?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Windhoek_aerial.jpg (147 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
Windhoek_aerial.jpg
147 KB, 600x399
What is one of the biggest myths about Africa?
>>
>>57287295
All of them is very very poor
>>
>>57287295
They was kings n shiet
>>
>>57287295
The reason they're not doing well is European imperialism.
>>
>>57287295
that it's still the mid 20th century.
>>
>>57287295
That we are poor, that all the educated leave and never come back, that diaspora don't actively build the nation.

The absolute biggest myth is that we are somehow at fault for US, French and British backed coups that killed our democratically elected leaders and install loyal tyrants who siphon our wealth.

Oh and that the proxy wars have nothing to do with Europeans and everything to do with us
>>
That decolonization was the result of white guilt.
>>
>>57288531
>Myth
They wouldn`t be so fucking poor if they just worked the land like the Euros did.
>>
>>57290953
>Got a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>57290986
This, most people don`t know this.

It started after WWII American did not want to help rebuild Europe and let them keep there colonies.
>>
>>57292665
You have google look up Lumumba, Sankara and many other leaders killed by westerners. Look up the Angolan and Mozambican War. Look up remittance rates for nations like Somalia, look up Nigerian returnee entrepreneurs.

I'm not going to hold you hand.
>>
>>57292612
Proxy fag who doesn't know shit about African crops, crop diseases, pests soil or cropping systems.
>>
>>57292844
>An American that knows anything about African agriculture
>>
THEY
>>
>>57292965
They what?
>>
>>57290953
Dindu: The Post
>>
>>57292935
I'm not an American, I'm an American citizen from Ethiopia.
>>
>>57293040
Why did you abandon your country pham? Brain drain is impeding African growth
>>
>>57287295
That they're equal when it's blatantly obvious that they are not.
>>
>>57292792
My Dad and his brothers fought in the Bush War you dumb Kaffir.

They killed Cubans and Angolans too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHnF85dww3M

Skip to the part were newly elected Mozambicans caused a famine by destroying produce from other countries.
>>57292844
Guess what Rhodesia was called before Black Presidency?

It was well known for famine and a quarter of the population currently malnourished or worse.
>>
>>57292612
but they do work the land though.
the issue is that increasing efficiency and scaling it up and funding.
>>
>>57292787
It's not like Europe can sustain them for much longer.

After ww2 the Pandoras box was opened.
>>
>>57290953
>That we are poor
Yes

>all the educated leave and never come back
Yes. Why would they stay in poor countries without bright personal future if his/her skills are more valuable abroad?

>diaspora don't actively build the nation
So what did they do?
>>
>>57293360
Have you ever seen Africans work? I do, every day.

That complexity is far beyond there level of development. They did not grow under the Old Governance. They don`t understand long term planing yet.

>>57293421
It could have gone on until the end of the century at least. See South African/Rhodesia.

The problems arise when you think that the countries themselves would have required resources to remain profitable. The reconstruction of Europe did not leave anything to grow the African lands.
>>
>>57293684
Africans grow cocoa trees though which require long term planning.

My grandfather planted crops that required long term planning to grow. and my other grandfather herded cattle.
There are festivals in West Africa that are dedicated solely to storing up the surplus of the current year.

The main issue is access to modern tech to boost yields, better subsidies, training and better transportation and storage, better land ownership rules and access to markets that don't have protectionist polices up the ass.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.