[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decline of European Social Democracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 536x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 536x302
http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21695887-centre-left-sharp-decline-across-europe-rose-thou-art-sick

http://www.politico.eu/article/the-fall-and-fall-of-german-social-democracy-german-regional-elections-spd-malu-dreyer-sigmar-gabriel/
>>
File: image.png (80 KB, 1071x632) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80 KB, 1071x632
>>
Good news

Now we need a strong european libertarian movement
>>
File: image.png (273 KB, 1071x1111) Image search: [Google]
image.png
273 KB, 1071x1111
>>
I think this is primarily due to social democratic support for multiculturalism and migration. Instead of focusing on working class economic issues they fell for the multi culti meme, now we will have the rise of the far right... I consider myself a leftist but the Western left has failed.
>>
>>57278023
Ooooh it's this autist again.
>>
>>57277942
Come right, white man.
>>
File: eu sink.jpg (49 KB, 450x332) Image search: [Google]
eu sink.jpg
49 KB, 450x332
Good fuck yurup,

this eternal imperialistic blight upon the world.
>>
>>57281254
This basically. The original aims the centre left had at the start of the century, i.e. the welfare state, strong public services have been achieved, and are accepted by the right now as well. Multi-culti and migration have alienated working class people and a lot of middle class people too.
Soon enough the weird new-left parties like Syrzia, Podemos and whatever the fuck has happened to the labour party in the UK will be shown up for the jokes they are.
>>
>>57281333
Not necessarily

The centre-left is folding, but that just means there will be more of both far-right and far-left movements

Social democracy was a coalition of metropolitan middle class and students, who are voting for other liberal movements, and the working class voters that are being poached by the far-right and far-left
>>
>>57281770

Immigration will be the major point of the next couple of decades. 3rd world countries only grow by the day and continue to look to flood into the West. People like to compare it to history but it's actually unprecedented, especially coupled with the frail welfare systems we've established (and are predicated on general societal affluence).
>>
>>57282094
>>57282182
I honestly think radical-centre reform-orientated but market-friendly economically-liberal parties are the future tbqhf
>>
Pathetic, limpwristed Leftism and isolationist right-wing populism will be the death of Europe.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.