[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/nogen/ no-general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: BartSimpson3.gif (19 KB, 350x618) Image search: [Google]
BartSimpson3.gif
19 KB, 350x618
Have nowhere to go? Want to criticise, abandon and discuss other generals?

Come to no-general

Today's subject: the frightening decline in /brit/'s quality and the complete absence of /aus/ after the anglos departed
>>
File: sakura-trick-2-m5.gif (3 MB, 552x308) Image search: [Google]
sakura-trick-2-m5.gif
3 MB, 552x308
Me on the left.
>>
>>57272059
Me on the right.

Would you say the animu enhances or deteriorates the quality of the established generals?

In mena, it contributes to the momentum of the discussion, whereas in others it is shunned
>>
File: 1457289201513.jpg (92 KB, 764x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457289201513.jpg
92 KB, 764x1080
>>57272141
No idea, but anime makes everyone so kawaii it's amazing
>>
>>57271997
We've found out place with our neighbours, the /balt/s
>>
File: 1459599915705.gif (364 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
1459599915705.gif
364 KB, 500x512
>>57271997
ex-yu is complete piece of shit and should be destroyed with fire
>>
More than anything I cannot stand the forced "crayon pop" and "cara" memes by the same posters day in day out.
>>
>>57272389
You discuss national Australian issues within that thread or is it a diaspora circlejerk?

>>57272449
Why?

>>57272549
There are far too many posters within every individual thread, the memes help maintain a sense of 'continuity'.
>>
>The sheer amount of cancerous generals forces another general designed for the original purpose of this board
/int/ is truly dead
>>
>>57272830
this
>>57272678
bc its just nationalist shitposting by this point. humor has long left, if that collection of useless permavirgin spergs ever had any.
>>
>>57272678
Depends what time you tune into the thread. A lot of the time the /balt/s start arguing between themselves and then the aussies just shitpost. But sometimes we talk about some actual shit, give advice, get questions answered; rare but it happens.

>>57272830
I wish a semi-serious thread about language learning would start up - it's all I want in this world
>>
>>57272994
That's literally a problem everywhere there are flags, people's anonymity is undermined by their nationality, and it becomes incessant shit-flinging to justify muh 'worth' in the /pol/-framework.

>>57273002
>I wish a semi-serious thread about language learning would start up
Me too. But it would require a stable nucleus of learners to maintain. A few years back I remember a bunch of /int/goers eventually transferred to Skype/email.

I don't know about you, but for me /int/ is a massive waste of time. If I am going to shitpost, might as well do it in a foreign language I am learning to make.

>>57272830
It'd be fun if the generals were made individual 'language boards'. For example, entire boards for x country's 4chan and we would invade each other occasionally to have fun
>>
>>57273332
Only been here a short while but already know how big of a waste of time it's been. The memes and shitposting are funny but I originally came here in an effort to utilise all my spare time to learn a skill, a language - and well you know how well that went. I've only taken steps backwards, doubting the usability of the language I chose, then not being sure if the reasons are legit or I'm falling for a meme.
>>
>>57273816
I guess 4chan isn't the place for any sort of productivity.

Here's a tip if you can evade piracy warnings from your ISP, go to the piratebay and download [X language] learning packs

They are the most comprehensive sources of ebooks and audio for any language, some are well beyond 20GB, and they're mantained/seeded a wonderful Dutch team.
>>
>>57274088
Yeah, I guess you're right.

Shame because when you actually talk to the majority of the people here they all seem pretty cool. Too bad that everyone just gets caught up on their nationalistic high horse; would be interesting to gain similar people's views on things minus all the memes and shit posting.

Will give the language learning packs a look now
>>
>>57274318
Good luck, and I hope you can come back with an additional language in your bag.

(I would, especially considering how much I want to troll the generals in their respective languages for ruining /int/)
>>
>>57274434
Thanks, these language packs look amazing!

Now I have to decide between Norwegian, Swedish, Russian or anything else that someone can convince me would be better.

-norwegian: nice scandinavian country, people seem cool, place seems like it could be quite liveable if i ever thought of moving

-swedish: similar to norway, but larger population and more oppurtunity, except have heard that sweden is getting a sharp influx of muslimes

-russian: has the advantage of being able to not just help you get by in russia but also across quite a bit of eastern europe, gives access to russian texts, media etc. the disadvantage being that a lot of russia + eastern europe would be considered a down grade from western luxury and might decrease opportunity if was to live there

Forgive my poor typing and lack of grammar it's late right now and I'm getting tired
>>
>>57275067
Nighty-Night anon, sleep tight.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.