[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your HS clas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
File: 20160401_175649.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160401_175649.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Post your HS clas
>>
>>57241444
IT'S RUBIO
>>
File: image.png (596 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
image.png
596 KB, 719x719
>>57241444
>class of 2015
>>
My class was 784 people, way too big for a photo.

>Class of 2002 reporting
>>
>>57241537
You're old as fuck

2012 here, no idea where my yearbook is
>>
My class were 17 people so I won't post because people would recognize me.

>>57241444
>>57241537

Is everyone of the same age the same class in American Highschools? That must kinda suck because you don't get the same sense of community as a small class in Europe
>>
>tfw friend from high school killed himself last week
>>
File: 20160401_180340.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160401_180340.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My school had a gay club where the gay kids would meet afterschool lmao
>>57241655
What the fuck do you mean?

High school is 4 grades, 9,10,11, and 12

Everyone is the same age,
9th graders are usually 14, 10th graders 15, 16, 17-18 etc
>>
File: EBHSFs_01.jpg (167 KB, 835x527) Image search: [Google]
EBHSFs_01.jpg
167 KB, 835x527
>>57241762
Also most American high schools are pretty big and each has thousands of kids like mine
>>
>>57241444
wew, i had 30 people in my class and this was considered a large class for the time
>>
>>57241655
Yes? That's literally what class means. For example the senior class, 12th grade, is mostly people 17-18 who are graduating at the same time. Class photos are photos of people in the same grade who are all the same age.
>>
>>57241762
I was age 20 in my senior year.
>held back in elementary
>>
>>57241655
>>57241819
Ohh wait by class I thought you meant everyone graduating the same year as you, usually a classroom has at most 25 people
>>
I never graduated
>>
>>57241655
I am guessing you mean elementary school class?
In elementary school classes are usually about 20 people all of the same age.
>>
File: ubYvB[1].jpg (695 KB, 2338x1700) Image search: [Google]
ubYvB[1].jpg
695 KB, 2338x1700
>>
>>57241444
>2015
>>
Wew.
Why do your so-called High school pictures span the entire grade? The only High school picture that I've kept by my side basically encapsulates what I had as my class. But hence there's less people in my pictures and it would make singling people out easier. Hence why I'm mostly insecure about positing it and having you lot pester me on which one of the guys I am in the picture.
>>
File: aula.jpg (17 KB, 300x209) Image search: [Google]
aula.jpg
17 KB, 300x209
>>57241879
oh, ok, we have a special name for that which translates to "a flight", there were about 90 of us, three parallel classes
yearbooks are at parents library so here's just a pic of where the ceremony took place, the main "honorary" hall of the school
>>
>>57241879
Yeah, but as far as I know Americans can choose which subjects they take and as a result you aren't always with the same people in the classroom depending on the specific lessons. Here you can't choose your subjects (apart from a few exceptions) and you have all your lessons with the same kids for all those years.
>>
>>57241655
>>57242167
>>57242179
Are you guys saying that Euros stay in one classroom all day long in high school?
We move around between specialized classrooms and teachers throughout the day.
>>
>>57241583
> paying an outrageous sum for a yearbook
> not just looking through your friend's yearbook, having a few laughs, getting bored of it after two minutes, and putting it back on the shelf
>>
>>57242194
You dont have sections? Like in high schools you dont choose to go to the literature or scientific or economic .... section ?
>>
>>57242262
Yearbook is worth it. If you have it you can look back at a slice of high school 50 years later.
>>
>>57242253
nah, we had specialized rooms for all subjects, some subjects even had multiple rooms, like chemistry labs and physics and biology, the shittier subjects like art/technical drawing etc. had a single room
>>
>>57241716
Same thing happened to me last year while still in high school. Not really a close friend or anything like, but still an acquaintance and a nice person.
>>
>>57242253
In South America we also stayed in the same classroom and the teachers were the only ones moving between classrooms
>>
>>57242350
I'm not in mine
>>
>>57241804
Yours definitely looks bigger than average from my experience. Mine was 1600 students and that was pretty large for my area.
>>
>>57242322
Some schools do have those but in general the whole high school has a specific focus (general education, business, computer science, technical, etc.)
>>
>>57241762
How are gay clubs not a violation of some rule / a violating of decency in general? I mean, assuming that there is nothing wrong with being gay, isn't it a little wrong to literally have sexually themed clubs at school?
>>
>>57242465
Well I live in NJ so maybe that's why
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>57242253
I know of how much freer the American systems in how you chose which subjects you'd devote time to, but wasn't there still some form of core class you had? In France, there's also room for specializing yourself, given that there are the Scientific, Economic, and Litterary sections. And then within the S section, there's either engineering or biology as your prime science class, then some other shenanigans of choosing to either study Maths, biology, or physics more intensely in the last year. So there are some freedoms to what you'll study, but you'll remain latched to your core class for whatever usual subjects remain (history, french, philosophy, PE). Here's my class and don't laugh. (I swear to God, I'll erase it if you do).
>>
>>57242547
Or more like, here was my class. Class of 2012, as I believe Americans call it.
>>
>>57242350
I mean, they're kind of cool, but I can just borrow one from someone who paid the $175 or whatever insane sum it is.
>>
>>57242414
Same for most subjects. Exceptions were stuff like computer science, physics, biology, music, chemistry and of course sports.
>>
>>57241444
>all those people

You mean school?

Italian class are 25 people max, maybe 30 in some extreme cases.
>>
>>57242253
Yes, and high school lasts FIVE years here in Italy.

This is why i have no friends in my hometown, I ended up with a class with mostly girls and like 4 males and didn't socialize with any of them.

They were mostly wealthy super socialized kids super into soccer or rich Staceys always clubbing or posting on facebook so I couldn't find any weird kid like me to talk with.
>>
>>57242502
I don't think that that's very common. My high school actually made us choose a track one day it was just a meme and I don't know if they even stored that information anywhere. We just circled a track on a piece of paper and were required to sign up for at least two classes related to that. Honestly, I don't think most students even remembered which one they signed up for, since, like I said, it was just a meme and was never actually mentioned. I think mine had something to do with business or economics or something like that. I took two classes related to that, which were just easy As.
>>
>>57242710
Class is used to mean both course, and the students in the same year as you. There can actually be students of different classes taking the same class.
>>
For users of an anonymous site, you guys go full microsoft when it comes to submitting shit about your identity. This is how reddit this place has become.
>Post your actual fucking face!
>post a really zoomed in image of your eye!
>post your voice!
>post your palm prints!
>take geo tagged images with your phone and them post them!
>Post google maps of your house!

Posting your HS class photo is a new one though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>57242194
It's true that there is some flexibility in subjects, required to the main subjects. But the main division between students is the level of the subjects that they take. For example, my school had "regular", honors, and Advanced Placement classes for example.
>>
>>57242852
But do you at least have a "core class", like >>57242547 said?
>>
>>57242547
No. We have homeroom class but just means that your first class of the day is 10 minutes longer for announcements and stuff.
US high school is usually divided into 9 periods. Before each year you pick what classes you want to take (with backups in case they are full) then they make a schedule for you that fills your day. Some classes, like PE, don't happen every single day.
In my last year of high school though they changed it so we have like 2 period long classes every other day.

Also haha funny picture
>>
>>57242547

Yea we have core classes
Science:
9th grade-General Science
10th Grade- Biology
11th-Chemistry
12th Grade- you have a choice of AP anatomy and physiology, Marine biology, Physics, and many other sciences
Math
9th- Algebra/Honos Geo trig
10th- geometry and trig/Precal honors
11th- precalc/Calc 1 honors
12th/Calc 1/ statistics honors
(Honors classes were for smarter students)

There are also maybe 30 or 40 elective classes to chose from

You have your main core subjects, English, Math, Science, and history
At my school only 3 years of history and foreign language required
>>
>>57242990
This desu
>>
>>57243129
Fuck I might have made some friends if I went to an American high school...
>>
>>57243101
>Also haha funny picture
Tell me more.
Because of how many niggers and muzzies there are? Trust me though, I can assert that this was a "tame" class in comparison to what it could've been as my course was quite demanding.
And fair enough otherwise. How I wish i could've grown up in an American high school. Any similar to the movies, with everyone owning their assigned role of being the nerd, whore, chad, etc..?
>>
>>57243042
No. Most people probably wouldn't even remember that we had to choose a track, if you asked them, because it was just something we circled on a piece of paper and forgot about. Here, I found my requirements: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sQRtSDTyqjEJ:www.edmonds.wednet.edu/cms/lib02/WA01001167/Centricity/Domain/1541/Introductory_Pages_%2520Common_Info_for_All_HS_CurriculumGuides_Jan2015.pdf+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=ubuntu

Remember, there is no such thing as a single American system of education, so everyone you ask will give you different answers. States have different requirements, districts have different requirements, schools have different requirements, etc.
>>
>>57243129
Weew thats nice we keep studying a chapter or 2 of trig fom 10th to 13th grade
>>
>>57243322
>13th grade
>>
>>57243189
What do you mean m8? It's okay, I didn't make much friends either btw.
>>
>>57243129
Oh darn the depth and precision of each of those classes. Aside from some of the distinctions I already cited, we were basically always lumped together into generic classes that had generic names. It was either Maths or Maths (speciality) around here. We didn't dare name them fancy titles such as "geometry and trig, Precal honors", "Calc 1/statistics". Just how fucking well funded are American schools?
>>
>>57243419
>Just how fucking well funded are American schools?

depends where you live

generally speaking though big city public schools are fucking shit
>>
>>57243419
Funded at the local level by taxes
>>
>>57243237
>Any similar to the movies, with everyone owning their assigned role of being the nerd, whore, chad, etc
Maybe but no not really. Perhaps my school was small for American high school (only about 150 per grade) but every knew each other and it was never really divided. There were groups of friends of course, but generally everybody was friendly. Being such a small school like half the kids in each grade were on a sports team so it wasn't so special to be a jock. Also athletes aren't in real life stereotypical bullies and dumb people.

I only said the picture was funny because you said not to laugh.
>>
>>57243353
We have 6 grades in elementary i blame learnig french since 3rd grade for that
>>
>>57243129
I don't think that's what he meant with core classes. He wanted to say that when you start High school (here in Austria with age 10) there's a group of about 25 kids with whom you are in the same classroom for most of your lessons. Later, there are some elective subjects but your core class remains. As a result, over those 8 years you get a close community of 25 people that extends your own close group of friends. Often, the class meets up in the years after graduation regularly (like every year or so
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>57243473
I mean it's funded at the local level in the suburbs and nicer areas of cities

If you live in the inner city your school's are funded probably by the government and have very poor education

Pic related is an inner city school
>>57243538
Every year you have different kids in your classes, in one year you will have maybe a couple hundred different people in all your classes combined
>>
>>57243465
>>57243473
Still, your campuses always look amazing to any Europoor onlooker. We had shitty 1950s architecture in my case and the whole place reeked of funding cuts. I never cared much for it, but I would always pity each and every teacher that had to "make do".
>>
>>57243237
Yes, there are different groups in high school. No, it's not like in the movies. There is no established power structure with big football players shoving little nerds into lockers. No one really cares what group you're in as long as you don't bother them. The groups are definitely visible, in the sense that people tend to hang around similar people, but there is no clear separation and people still make friends with people in a different group than them. The groups aren't mainly based on "popularity" like they show in movies too. A really big factor is ethnicity. People definitely tend to hang around those of the same ethnicity as them. It's called "self segregation", you can look it up even.
>>
>>57243538
In our school your first class of the day is also your "homeroom" which means you spend the first 10 minutes doing announcements, the pledge, school wide handouts, etc. That teacher is also the one you report to outside if there is a fire alarm or something.
>>
>>57242262
I want something to show my kids and my parents paid for it.

I also got my crush to sign it<3
>>
>>57243419
They're funded well, but they like to waste money on useless things. Schools will have sculptures and shit, yet American public educations consistently ranks below much poorer countries.
>>
File: EBHS_01.jpg (99 KB, 835x527) Image search: [Google]
EBHS_01.jpg
99 KB, 835x527
Do European high schools have sports teams?

Like our high schools would play against other schools and shit
>>
>>57243669
Ya, that's the thing. They love decorating the campuses in America more than the education itself. So many teachers complain to us about how they don't have money for basic shit.
>>
>>57243740
Fair enough. I won't have kids, and I stopped having crushes probably in 9th grade.
>>
>>57243517
Oh most of that I'd figured. But movies seemingly always depict life in Hogh School to be more vivid in the states, and I've spotted that half their scenes are those were students are circling from room to room. Basically, in France, it was pretty straight-forward, you'd head off to each class in a hurry, eat frantically then run home (though I may have missed out on some of the high school drama from being a loser). But in every American high school from the movies, there's mich more representation of high school life with people occupying their lockers and whatnot (we didn't have that in France), supporting the local team (we didn't have that in France), viewing the end-of-year school play (we didn't have that in France). Your high schools always seemed to fester with opportunity for a Chad life.

>only said the picture was funny because you said not to laugh.
Oh okay. I was scared you had found out which one I was, and was laughing directly at me :c
>>
>>57243775
Yeah there are sports teams but it's not a serious thing. Sometimes there are tournaments with teams from other schools but nobody watches them so no need for tribunes.
>>
>>57243878
The passing time thing is a plot tool. Not much happened in passing time, but it's much easier to see the plot unfolding in the hallways than students whispering to each other in the back of the class. Interesting stuff often happened during lunch time though. I never went to high school football games, but I heard that they were mainly an excuse to hang out with your friends rather than actually caring about the game. Of course, if your friend was playing, you would might actually care though. School plays were only attended at my school because sometime the English teacher gave us extra credit for going, or maybe because your friend was in the play.
>>
>>57243367
I would have ahd a bigger probability to meet a friend if I met more people, as I said in Italy we stay for 5 years in the same 20 people class.
>>
>>57243775
yeah, we played basketball, football, volleyball, did competitive swimming and light athletics against other schools since primary school in city/town level and the best ones competed against each other on the country level, in elementary there was that dodgeball thing kek
>>
File: 1388603958034.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
1388603958034.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
Guess cunt
>>
>>57244057
Interesting. (This is such a good post, and you clearly invested yourself to decently reply to me, yet I'm clueless on how to now retort with my tirade of "US HS > euro HS" ended.

Erm, how was your HIgh School experience anon? But seriously, I'd have been that guy who runs in your American football games. Every sport requires someone to run fast don't tney? And then easy puss like it's dictated in the movies, right?
>>
>>57243878
Yes that might be different. All the schools have sports teams, plays, bands, and stuff. Passing time is short but people can be seen socializing in the halls. Also lunch was 40 min long and like a whole quarter of the school is in there at once. We also could have study halls which are basically like another lunch except you'd be in a classroom (even though you could ask to leave and never come back). People also go outside and play hacky sack or lay around during lunch and after school before sports start.
>>
>>57244214
Well, you see what website I'm on, so, I definitely wasn't very social, but, it was okay.
>>
>>57244291
Were you like me?

I apparently fitted with every group from exceptionally knowing to sew my mouth when needed, and let out a funny comment occasionally, but I never shared any more affinity with one select group, so I pretty much hung out with everyone at school, but I wasn't enough of their friends for them to invite me to stuff outside of school. So my high school life in itself didn't suck that badly, but in all other parts it did. Never hung out with any friend outside of school, no parties, no movies with friends, no sex, etc...
>>
>>57244444
Not completely. I definitely fit with certain groups much more than others, but the basic idea was similar.
>>
>>57244444
I am the guy who said your photo looked funny.

This is literally me to be honest. I did sports all year round too.
>>
File: IMG_1126.jpg (429 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1126.jpg
429 KB, 1600x1067
>>
>>57244523
>>57244544
Hug me brahs :(
And hence why I can't ever stand it when people tell me about their High School being the best days of their life. "Remember all the drama and all the sex xD". Did people even study?

(My apologies gentlemen. Shitty Internet kept me away from answering you.)
>>
>>57244824
Savage
>>
>>57244824
far left, standing alone, wearing glasses, what does he do nowadays?
>>
>>57241444
>the whole year
When I think of my class, I think of the 23 individuals who were literally in the same class as me, not everyone my age in the whole school. I know it's different in the US because you have a different course system tho.
Also I have no idea where the fuck that picture is. Did I even remember to go pick it up after ordering it? God knows.
>>
>>57244965
Browsing a taiwanese transgender cartoon site
>>
>>57245024
no really, he into computer engineering?
>>
>>57242812
>mostly girls
>mostly wealthy
Classico?
>>
File: faggots.jpg (41 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
41 KB, 384x395
>>57241762
>gay and straight peers
>lesbian gay bisexual transgender
>german club
>french club
>>
>>57241762
>who are currently taking german
What is this thing called "german" and where can i buy it?
>>
>>57245082
yes
>>
>>57245851
German classes
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.