[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up >you've been appointed Eternal President
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Evening_Port_Louis.jpg (621 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Evening_Port_Louis.jpg
621 KB, 1920x1280
>wake up
>you've been appointed Eternal President of the Republic of Mauritius
Wat do?

Here's some basic facts about the country in case you're too lazy to go to Wikipedia.
>located off the East coast of Africa
>formerly a French, and then a British colony, so most people speak a French based creole but English and French are used for official purposes/media/etc
>majority Indian, but diverse as fuck because workers from all over the British/French empires were brought there
>around half Hindu, 20% Muslim, and the rest are mostly Christian with some Buddhists mixed in and a small amount of Sikhs
>total population of ~1.2 million people
>economy based on tourism and agriculture since they have no exploitable natural resources
>very free markets with rapid economic growth, they have a moderately high HDI now, most people probably live better than the average Balkan resident for comparison
>growing financial sector, as they develop their plan is to become sort of a gateway to Africa for investment, plus they've invested a lot in Internet infrastructure to make money from internet based jobs
>rich Indians use Mauritius for tax evasion (iirc), so the white people there are mostly white servants for the Indian elite
>>
>>57051028
Sell the presidential goods, fake my death, and retire to nearby RĂ©union Island
>>
fug ur mum
>>
>>57051028
Put a hard physical education class in school from the kindergarten to end of high school so almost all the people looks good.That's an important thing when you living by tourism.Reduce crime , Pass a law about environmental pollution so you can keep the streets and the sea clean as long as you can. Then spend the rest of my life in my luxury resident.
>>
Structure tax laws so that extremely wealthy people in Europe and the US can use my country as a tax haven, but only if they purchase large amounts of property.

Attract wealthy foreign interest and investors.

Use increased government income to provide services and amenities to citizens, so they are happy and compliant despite working shitty service industry jobs.
>>
>>57052027
They actually are doing a lot to clean up their islands. I know a fair amount about Mauritius because in my geography class they were sort of applauded for being a model developing country by the textbook. And educating their young people too, that's why they're so free of corruption (relatively) and developing so fast.
>>
>>57052161
Ok then p.e is enough :)
>>
>>57051028
>white people there are mostly white servants for the Indian elite
>>
>>57051028
seize all my power, become a dictator
run all the generals and shit, control all the money that flows through mauritius
use that money to revive the dodo via clones
create a personal garden filled with dodos just for me
isolate my country from the rest of the world
show up occasionally on the news like kim jong un does but instead of on a snowy cold as fuck place, it's a tropical island with hundreds of fat funny looking birds running around me
>>
>>57051028
Execute all Indians for shitting in the streets
>>
Rob the bank
>>
>>57051028
More free trade agreements and removing visa requirements for tourists.
>>
>>57052318
Mauritius in 2030.
>>
>>57052604
Fuck yeah. And the girls would be in great shape too .
>>
>>57052671
>implying those aren't the girls
Wait until you see the men...
>>
>>57051028
maintain the status quo and start quietly getting rid of the muslims
>>
File: dr kek.jpg (131 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
dr kek.jpg
131 KB, 629x800
>>57052698
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.