[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving 2 Canada, tips!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (4 KB, 543x271) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 KB, 543x271
Yesterday I asked this but I wanted to get more answers since I couldn't get any useful information, I'm attending Ryerson in downtown Toronto I want to know where can I possiby find an affordable room in a decent neighborhood with people around my age (19) yeah I'm a faggot and wanna know if I'm gonna find more homophobic people cause that's one of the reasons I'm leaving Mexico, I want to know how to make it through the winter, is it that bad? Average cost of Internet, phone, water, etc in Toronto? Any tip would be appreciated, I really have no idea of what to expect.
>>
>>57002282
Bring me a qt mexican gril please
>>
>>57002282
>homophobic people in Toronto

I told you yesterday, you'll be among your faggot people
>>
>>57002282
kek
>>
>>57002282
>>57002282
Toronto is a shitty place and boring as fuck, quite expensive also, booze is only available in beer stores. Go to Montreal, life is cheaper there and there are more things to do and you can buy beer in convenience stores and supermarkets.
>>
>>57002593
>the biggest city in Canada is boring

No. Also he's already in a chosen location you stupid fuck. Kill yourself you Quebec cunt motherfucking twat
>>
>>57002631
I've been to Toronto enough times to know it's a boring place. The nightlife is abysmal, bars are closed at 2am and every neighborhood is gentrified.

It's mainly an economic city, that's why it's so big, it's a business place. Good culture is found elsewhere.
>>
>>57002808

Never trust a quebecuck
>>
>winter
Gets down to -20℃ for a week in the wintertime. You'll be fine if you wear a cardigan under your coat and a pair of wool socks.

>internet
Mobile telecommunications is highway robbery in this country. I pay $50 per month on average for 1 GB because I don't like being cucked into a 2-year contract. With a contract you might pay $70 per month for 6 GB of data. All SMS is free.
Cable internet isn't too bad by comparison. $35 per month gets you 320 GB.
Water and electricity is usually paid by the landlord. I used to pay $45/month for the 1 bedroom apt. I rented prior to this one.

>homophobia
Literally none whatsoever. It's normal for gay couples to hold hands and have public displays of affection.

>rent
Check out padmapper.com. Also be sure to check how long it takes to travel from any prospective location to Ryerson with Google Maps' transit data.
>>
File: 48641389_p6_master1200.jpg (273 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
48641389_p6_master1200.jpg
273 KB, 700x700
>wanna know if I'm gonna find more homophobic people
Really unlikely. Gay people are completely accepted in Ontario, especially Toronto. You should see the Toronto Pride festival in June if you want proof of this - I'm not a fan of how noisy and flamboyant it is, but you might like it.

>I want to know how to make it through the winter, is it that bad?
The coldest winter days here get down to -40°C, but most of winter it's between -15°C and -30°C.
Summer temperatures hang between 20°C and 35°C, sometimes reaching 40°C on only the hottest days. I live in London, ON, 2 hours away, but Toronto's temps are comparable.

Toronto is really expensive to live in, I hope you know.
You should just come to UWO instead and be my bf, because it's cheaper to live here, and also because I'm here.
>>
I was looking around Etobicoke area but honestly I don't know if it's a good choice.
So Toronto is boring only because I won't be able to buy alcohol in convenience stores?
How much do Canadians pay for a bottle of tequila? Here I can buy a good one for around 15 dollars.
>>
File: 1445304430322.png (218 KB, 1048x831) Image search: [Google]
1445304430322.png
218 KB, 1048x831
>>57002631
Toronto pls go and stay go toronto has no culture it's a boring city made of cement.

>>57002282
>Average cost of Internet, phone, water, etc in Toronto?

extremely expensive. There's a duopoly held by the telecom companies here who own all the infrastructure. You'll be paying 70$ plans for both internet and phone and it will work at "acceptable" speeds.

Anyways, toronto is really gay accepting. They contributed to electing a lesbian as the governor of Ontario.
>>
>>57002282
Fuck off, everything sucks ass and having you here wont help. Try jumping the US border and se your luck before Trump is elected .
>>
>>57003417
I think I paid around $65 for a gigantic bottle of Jose Cuervo Gold a few months ago
>>
>>57003515
Suck my dick you dumb fucking cunt
>>
>>57003608
Suck my ass you queer retarded fuck
>>
>>57003637
I'll wreck you you human piece of fucking shit end your worthless life
>>
>>57003637
>>57003664
quit samefagging and fuck off
>>
I heard peru is really nice op, be sure to visit machu picchu and take some pics with llamas haha
>>
>>57003664
I'll end the stain of your existence from the face of this planet
>>
>>57003464
>There's a duopoly held by the telecom companies here who own all the infrastructure
Thankfully this has been recently circumvented, although only for internet infrastructure.
>In July 2015, a CRTC decision required Bell, Telus and other major service providers with FTTP networks to open their unlit dark fibre to alternative service providers. This was sharply opposed by Bell in particular, which took the unusual step of trying to reverse it with an Order in Council.[37]
This has helped a few small and reasonably-priced ISPs to open up in Ontario, improving our options.
>>
>>57003417
Etobicoke is way too far from Ryerson if you don't have a car.
>>
File: 150305024633962170.png (140 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
150305024633962170.png
140 KB, 600x457
>>57003702
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.