[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In an ideal world, what would your country look like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: Alt US Map All states.png (1 MB, 2800x2700) Image search: [Google]
Alt US Map All states.png
1 MB, 2800x2700
In an ideal world, what would your country look like?
>>
Why is Rhose Island still allowed to exist? Isn't it just Connecticut with shittier infrastructure?
>>
>>56807644
What's that huge prairie state and what happens on the land west of it
>>
File: Flag of Buffalo.png (131 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Flag of Buffalo.png
131 KB, 2000x1000
>>56807750
The huge prairie state is Buffalo, formed from Alberta and the conservative voting sections of British Columbia, Saska and Manitoba.

West of it is still connected to Canada by land to the north.
>>
>>56807731
dude shut up. I hate you so much and I want to punch you right in the face
>>
>>56807644
This would be good if:
shrink NYC to just be a federal district of only the 5 boroughs, the suburbs aren't the problem its NYC itself. (t. New Yorker)

return the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Maryland borders to what they were, what you did changes literally nothing at all and makes no sense

remove that little thing in NE Colorado it looks stupid and makes no sense

smooth out the borders in the Pacific Northwest

give UP back to Michigan

get rid of Baja

take more of BC, maybe even all of it
>>
File: Republic_of_Texas_labeled.svg.png (116 KB, 1280x742) Image search: [Google]
Republic_of_Texas_labeled.svg.png
116 KB, 1280x742
>>56807644
Why does West Virginia still exist
annex all of Canada
give Texas back our rightful clay
why is Chicago a state
why is NYC a state
why are Dakotas and Carolinas separate
>>
>>56808214
>why is NYC a state

probably because it's about quality and not quantity

upstate ruins downstate, I'm not even a New Yorker but it's easy to see it
>>
>>56808214
I am not OP but NYC and Chicago should be separated from there states because they are too centralizing in politics and silence half the state. the borders of them should be smaller and be limited to Cook Country for Chicago and the 5 boroughs for NYC, because the suburbs of those cities aren't a part of the problem.
>>
>>56808303
>upstate ruins downstate
got it backwards buddy
>>
File: ap549511955200_1.jpg (2 MB, 3744x2718) Image search: [Google]
ap549511955200_1.jpg
2 MB, 3744x2718
>>56808323
sure thing
>>
>>56808349
pls stop triggering me with satanic images
>>
File: Canadian election.jpg (114 KB, 940x705) Image search: [Google]
Canadian election.jpg
114 KB, 940x705
>>56808149
The part of Maryland going to Pennsylvania is based off of a real life movement of those counties wanting to split from Maryland. The section given to New Jersey is a liberal leaning section of Pennsylvania to tilt the state towards a more conservative leaning with the addition of the sections of Maryland.

North Colorado is also based off of a real life political movement.

The borders in the Pacific Northwest follow the county lines, because dividing the states would be done along the county lines in real life, so there's no smoothing them out.

Unlike North Colorado and Western Maryland, the movement to separate UP from Michigan is not currently active in the political sense but I hear a lot of UPers talk about how they want to be separate.

Taking Baja would be a good economic gain, and the area around Tijuana is much more culturally similar to the US than it is to Mexico.

Baja Sur is a more questionable decision, but we might as well take the whole peninsula if we're taking half of it, it would be in better hands than letting Mexico look after it.

Like I said in >>56807863 the annexation of Canada is based off of conservative voting base, the demographic that would be more likely to succeed from Canada due to disagreement with Canadian government.
>>
>>56808214
>>56808214
West Virginia and Virginia have been established as separate for a long time, there is no reason to recombine them.

A lot of Canada is quite happy where it is, and would you really want all those millions of liberal voters coming to America?

No Texas, you're a state now, accept it. Though I do believe states need more rights and that you should have more control over your own territory, but you don't see the Mormons constantly bitching about how Deseret got neutered the Utah Territories which got further gimped into only Utah.

Chicago and NYC are states because they alone manage to outnumber the entire rest of their state, and are the complete political opposites of the rest of the state, but bully the whole state into fitting their ideology because they have more numbers.
It would be better for both the cities and the rest of the state to split, the state at large has more control over themselves instead of the Plutocrats out in the Emerald City, and said Plutocrats could do whatever the want to their city without having to battle the entire rest of the state with every decision.

>>56808303
>>56808323
These two illustrate quite well the reason NYC and Upstate New York should split.

As for the Carolinas and the Dakotas, see the same thing I said about the Virginias, there is no reason to combine them.
>>
>>56808214
>going back to old Texas

"No."

2bh Texas's current borders are aesthetic as fuck. Going back would only serve to fuck up its perfect shape, but also the average at best shapes of surrounding states.

Except Oklahoma. They'd look better if their panhandle was given to Texas and Texas would look more or less the same.
>>
Make New England secede from the US
>>
>>56808423
>Taking Baja would be a good economic gain, and the area around Tijuana is much more culturally similar to the US than it is to Mexico.

It's the other way around, southern California is more culturally closer to northern Mexico that the rest of the US
>>
>>56807644
Only if we level Tijuana and kill all it's residents
>>
>>56808481
You know the story behind that fucking panhandle?
We had to give it up to have slaves, you couldn't have slaves above the 36.5th parallel.
>>
>>56808423
It would be pointless giving that portion of Pennsylvania to New Jersey as Pittsburgh ands its metro still exist and Penn would keep its status as a pretty cool swing state regardless, it would just lose a shitton of population and lock a ton of electoral votes for the dems. If the Maryland thing is a legitimate movement then sure

If Northern Colorado were to suceed I believe it should be split between the surrounding conservative states (Wyoming, Neb, and Kansas) so we don't receive yet another very low-population state

if its by county then I guess the Pacific Northwest is OK

the yooper independence movement is retarded and irrelevant because of that bridge that connects them

I dislike the idea of annexing Baja because I feel that it would make our immigrant problem harder to control.

I would love to take Alberta and the province to the right of it, combine it into one state alongside conservative BC, and then have coastal BC be another state to connect Alaska.

You didn't respond to my part on reducing the size of the Chicago and NYC federal districts, but I really believe that only Cook Country and NYC's five boroughs are actually any problem, as Westchester and Long Island are pretty great and lean a little conservative. I'm sure all the rich here would love the opportunity to feel so fucking good about themselves for voting Democrat but having low taxes as well because the Democrats wouldn't win.
>>
>>56807644
>Florida wasn't split into two states
>>
>>56808475
>>56808481
>>56808303
good answers desu
you've swayed me
>>
File: regionsNA2.png (418 KB, 2812x2000) Image search: [Google]
regionsNA2.png
418 KB, 2812x2000
pic related
>>
>>56808927
ew no
>>
>>56808927
What? Why?

Why is the redneck part of Florida the communist part? That's what stands out the most to me.
>>
File: Gran_Colombia_(1824).svg.png (131 KB, 450x381) Image search: [Google]
Gran_Colombia_(1824).svg.png
131 KB, 450x381
>>56807644
>>
File: When I'm ruler of nz.jpg (86 KB, 1030x716) Image search: [Google]
When I'm ruler of nz.jpg
86 KB, 1030x716
There are 0 flaws to this well thought out plan.
>>
>>56807644
Why does the South Dakota flag look like a caliphate flag?
>>
>>56809907
>South Dakota
Jesus fucking Christ dude, that's south CAROLINA
they put a crescent moon on it because they're inbred
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.