[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy got sentenced to 15 years of hard labor in North Korea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: american student.jpg (43 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
american student.jpg
43 KB, 534x401
This guy got sentenced to 15 years of hard labor in North Korea because he took a propaganda poster off the wall.
>>
>>56775078
He deserves every second of it.
>>
Looks like the Sheikh
>>
>>56775130
Why? All he did was took off a retarded poster of a retarded propaganda.
>>
Are Ameriburgers going to bail him out? I think they should.
>>
>>56775263
Because he thought he would be cool for doing it.

When you go to a country you have to respect their laws. What the fuck did he expect if he went to North fucking Korea.

Now this retard is going to waste millions of american dollars getting his dumb ass back.

>>56775593
They probably will, but they shouldn't.
>>
File: america.png (124 KB, 666x593) Image search: [Google]
america.png
124 KB, 666x593
>>56775593
No :DDDDD

Death to shitlords
>>
File: white american.jpg (132 KB, 538x725) Image search: [Google]
white american.jpg
132 KB, 538x725
>>56775593
No. Fuck that privileged white bro.
I hope he enjoys tiny Korean cocks fucking him for the next 15 years.
>>
>>56775694
White privilege is a dumb thing
>>
>>56775766
>>56775694
Non whites spotted
>>
File: wew.png (260 KB, 1396x750) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
260 KB, 1396x750
>>56775794
English teacher pls
>>
>>56775078
>hard labour for 15 years in North Korae
Might as well call it a death sentence. a very slow one
>>
We have no idea if he actually did that or not.

I don't care though. He's dumb for even going.
>>
>>56775078

How asshole you have to be to be an AMERICAN and go to North Korea??

And besides that tear away their propaganda.

He deserves 80 years in jail just for being an idiot.
>>
he will be committing suicide asa the reality hits his face that hes not gonna get out.
>>
>>56775931
It really should just be banned.
>>56775923
A far amount of people go to North Korea, most aren't as stupid as him.
>>
>>56775923
We don't. But it does seem like he took the poster or whatever it was, which provided them with the opportunity to pin a bunch of bullshit along with it (like him being a spy etc).
>>
File: 145874801883.jpg (31 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
145874801883.jpg
31 KB, 400x286
>>56775694
>>56775837

But what if he was a gay transnigger?
>>
>>56775078
He was stupid to go there and stupid to commit crimes there.
>>
>>56775837
eww ugly, vicious black cunt

>>56775931
15 years of hard labor is a very unfair sentence for stealing a stupid poster.
I wonder if he comes to /int
>>
>>56775694
>>56775837
>thinking Norks, or any other government anywhere in the world believes white privilege is even a thing that applies to real life

How do these people even manage to dress themselves in the morning?
>>
>>56775263
>hurr durr didn't do nuthin'

He flew to North Korea with the explicit and conscious goal of creating propaganda material against the government of North Korea.

I'm pretty sure he'd take pictures and post on Reddit "north koreans are fighting gommunism, life liberty and pursuit burger :ddd"

And the most deisgusting thing is that he did this to self promote. Maybe he wanted to publish another stupid book or something.

So he might as well rot in jail forever. I don't care.
>>
>>56776315
>15 years of hard labor is a very unfair sentence for stealing a stupid poster.
They made him confess to spying for the american imperialists too. So I guess the irony is that he was turned into propaganda.
>>
>>56776535
>He flew to North Korea with the explicit and conscious goal of creating propaganda material against the government of North Korea.

And good. Their government is a shit.
>>
>>56776539
If you watch the video of them taking him out of the court room you can see that he looks unconscious. They must have drugged him.
>>
>>56776685
He shouldn't of went to North Korea to look cool in the first place.
>>
>>56776764
Hopefully no one goes there anymore. The guy should be released though.
>>
>>56776852
No he shouldn't. He broke their laws.

What because I'm an american I can do what ever I want in North Korea? No.
>>
>>56777011
How about we reverse that? North Korea can't do whatever the fuck they want to people for petty crimes.
>>
>>56776614
>Their government is a shit.
Americans aren't trying to fix them. They're trying to destroy them and turn them into another third world shithole. They don't care about the well being of Koreans.

So excuse me for not support a disgusting middle class faggot going into a foreign country and causing a diplomatic episode for his own benefit.
>>
>>56777072
Yes they can it's their Country.
>>
>>56776614
>if you dont like a country's laws just break em :DDDD
>my opinion is the only right one
>>
>>56777178
>causing a diplomatic episode for his own benefit
I'm sure he loves those North Korean prison camps.
>>
>>56777072
Their country, their laws
>>
>>56777011
why the fuck are you rationalizing unjust laws from an unjust regime? Yes, the kid is stupid, but if this had happened in pretty much any other country on earth, they would have just told him to leave the building. You need to /seriously/ reconsider your priorities asshole.
>>56777178
In case you haven't, y'know, read the news recently; we've been making sure the North Korean people don't starve for decades now... technically speaking, America would ultimately want North Korea reformed so they could be another free-trade partner like south Korea.

Not only are you people delusional, but you're also jaded, societally alienated assholes.
>>
>>56777072
They're within china's sphere of influence. We can't fucking touch them unless they launch a nuke at us. What are you going to do about if faggot?
>>
>>56777259
I guess it's ok if they starve their own population too if it's within their own laws?

You can agree that the guy is an idiot *and* that he's being fucked over you know.
>>
>>56777178

>They're trying to destroy them and turn them into another third world shithole.

North Korea is allready a shithole 4th world country.

USA even help north koreans with humanitarian aid and supplies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAth8c29P2U
>>
>>56777272
Listen, the kid went to North Korea. You know, the country known for doing crazy shit, the kid knew that as well. And he broke their laws.

Just because North Korea is doing something I don't agree with, doesn't mean you can break the law there.
>>
>>56777178
North Korea doesn't deserve to exist. North Korea isn't a real country even. It's run by a lunatic who claims he's a god.

>>56777231
Except it's not. There is one Korea. North Korea is is a territory held hostage by a bunch of lunatics since the 50s.
>>
>there are people ITT who think we should interfere with other nations just because they're doing things we don't like.

How about we keep our fingers out of everyone else's business and stop fucking up the world?
>>
>>56777072
They can do what ever they want with you until you are on their territory. That's how it's
>>
>>56775263
Because he did it in a,wew watch this lads+the cockiness of "well I'm an american abroad so I'm a special snow flake". What difference did his gesture make for the people of Best K.? Zero. Edgelords should be killed
>>
File: 1376006934557.jpg (27 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1376006934557.jpg
27 KB, 447x444
>>56775078
It's his own damn fault for even going to North Korea in the first place.
The only people who would go there are idiots who think they're being edgy doing it. It's a shithole country full of commieblocks and poverty. There's nothing to see and nothing to do. You'd only go to to later tell people you did, as if they'd give a shit.

This guy was an idiot, and knowing how seriously NK takes that shit over there, was even more of a retard for trying to be an edgy faggot and break their laws.

Good riddance. Hopefully he dies over there and we continue to let natural selection run its course
>>
>>56778511
It makes me feel bad that America will most likely spend lots of money and this guy will gain lots of popularity and make lots of money selling some retarded book all for being a selfish little prick.

If America saves this person they're setting a terrible standard for the future.
>>
>>56777272
>we've been making sure the North Korean people don't starve for decades now
no you didn't. you're talking out of your ass.

>America would ultimately want North Korea reformed
You sure do...

>so they could be another free-trade partner like south Korea.
Nah, you probably mean a free-trade partnership like the Philippines or Malaysia or India.
You want cheap labor. 300 million more people making plastic toys and manufacturing toxic PV panels for your "environmentally sensitive" citizens. Or having to do your costumer sevice and mocking them for having a bad accent.

I'm not the delusional one, and I'm not the one interfering with their internal politics. Just fucking leave them alone.
>>
>>56775694
>be 21
>look 40

Just
>>
>>56778638
>no you didn't. you're talking out of your ass.
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2792.htm
>You sure do...
it's in everyone's best interest
>Nah, you probably mean a free-trade partnership like the Philippines or Malaysia or India.
You want cheap labor. 300 million more people making plastic toys and manufacturing toxic PV panels for your "environmentally sensitive" citizens. Or having to do your costumer sevice and mocking them for having a bad accent.
projecting much, Greece? I know you currently live in a failed state, but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. It would be beneficial to both the North Korean populace (who currently are: starving, imprisoned [raped/tortured/beaten], or subsistence farming and the west to help N.K. turn into a developed country with a high standard of living

you people are so inconceivably jaded
>>
>>56775923
North Korea is a very safe place for foreign tourists. The government is desperate for money and has nothing to gain by victimizing innocent tourists.
You have to follow the rules, though. This retard got what he had coming.
>>
>>56777615
shit doctrine
its like a child ruining the kitchen, setting it on fire and explaining to their parents that they should fix the mess.
>>
>>56775263
>but mommyyy he only broke the law
>>
>>56776315
>I decide the punishments for breaking the law!!!

Go away Judge Dredd
>>
>>56777272
This whole post is bullshit.

China provides the food. Not America.
>>
>>56777452
North Koreans live about 10 years longer than Subsaharan Africans and are richer than most people in poor Asia.

No we don't. We give money to the Chinese to do that and then we get mad when the Chinese start trading with the North Koreans.
>>
First of all, if you are going to try and talk reasonably about a subject you have to be objective.

Calling it a poster is a bit of a stretch, it was basically a mural. Second he went to a forbidden area to try and take it.

That being said, I don't think he will serve that time, I think he will be used as a tool to get a trade deal done with the koreans.

He is not some super innocent man, but surely he did not commit a crime worth of 15 years of hard labor.
>>
>>56775982
>A far amount of people go to North Korea, most aren't as stupid as him.
Americans are banned from entering NK, unless they're NBA stars.
>>
>>56779657
This is a bad analogy. I don't even think it can be called an analogy.
>>
>>56780021
>Between 1995 and 2008, the United States provided North Korea with over $1.3 billion in
assistance: slightly more than 50% for food aid and about 40% for energy assistance.
https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R40095.pdf
>>56779940
why are you justifying the unjust laws of a dictatorship?
>>56779852
he (albeit, stupidly) broke an unjust law and will have to do hard labor for 15 years because of it. I'm sure you never made any mistakes in your youth, seeing as how you're objectively the perfect human being.
>>
>>56776254
Yeah he was, we should just let him rot. I have to go commit sudoku now though, because i agree with the niggers, not about their "white privilege" bullshit, but about the fact that he deserved it for being a dumbass.
>>
>>56780145
sometimes I'm really glad the political and social aristocracy exists, as people like you would run this planet into the ground.

grow up
>>
>>56780143
Notice how it says we've provided nothing since 2009?

So every dictatorship is unjust? Every law made in a dictatorship is unjust?

I have never broken the law. This idiot broke the law AND got caught. North Korea had 40,000 visitors in 2015 and he was one of the few idiots who broke the law and stole something.
40,000 people aren't gonna visit North Korea if they imprison a bunch of people for no reason.

You have no source to back up your claim that he did not attempt to steal the mural.
>>
>>56780204
Where is Obama going to save this man? Where are our diplomatic protests or sanctions?
No one that you say rules America, is protesting the initial arrest.

Thankfully you're just a shitposter on 4chan.
>>
>>56780314
>Notice how it says we've provided nothing since 2009?
notice how my entire point was that we have /historically/ been feeding them? read the post thread before responding
>So every dictatorship is unjust? Every law made in a dictatorship is unjust?
Well no, but the unjust ones are usually unjust (duh)
>40,000 people aren't gonna visit North Korea if they imprison a bunch of people for no reason.
but they DO imprison a bunch of people for no reason..
>You have no source to back up your claim that he did not attempt to steal the mural.
I never claimed he did not attempt to steal the mural. once again, read the post thread before responding.
>>
>>56780393
I am doing the opposite of shitposting. I am attempting to uphold basic human rights in the face of an oppressive dictatorial regime and uneducated losers on the internet.
>>
>>56780447
This is what you said
>we've been making sure the North Korean people don't starve for decades now...
You must not know how to use the english language. The fact we stopped 7 years ago means you were wrong.

So what is an unjust or just law?

They imprison a lot of people for a reason.
Also, I'm specifically talking about visitors if you did not comprehend the words I wrote. That's what people who visit somewhere are called. Visitors.
Find me one source that shows more than 10 VISITORS were imprisoned in North Korea. They had 40,000 visit in 014.

Your claim is that it is unjust and therefore that implies that he did not do anything wrong. My apologies if you did not mean that.
>>
>>56775078
Where's the problem?
>>
>>56780512
You have responded to none of my points.

Your lack of a proper response above and here indicates that you are a shitposter.

Answer this
>Where is Obama going to save this man? Where are our diplomatic protests or sanctions? No one that you say rules America, is protesting the initial arrest.
>>
File: le bewildered sponge.png (251 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
le bewildered sponge.png
251 KB, 500x375
>it's okay to be subject to extreme punishment because you did petty stupid shit as a young adult
>>
>>56777525
Then it's up to the Koreans to change that.
>>
>>56775078
you can't just enter a country and think their laws don't apply to you. Fucking arrogant yanks.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.