[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain how come modern Chinese are so direct? "You're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Shanghai-City-From-The-Sk-006.jpg (223 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Shanghai-City-From-The-Sk-006.jpg
223 KB, 1024x768
Can anyone explain how come modern Chinese are so direct?
"You're fat/handsome" is one of the first things you'll hear from someone's mouth when meeting you.
They're also shameless about putting a person with good looks on a pedestal as a living god/goddess.
>>
>>56773375
very east asia. I get called handsome quite by them. and they mean it!!! feel good
>>
>>56773375
bluntness isn't viewed too rude if your in a informal situation (friends, drinking hours, bros etc etc)

now more formal ones, dont try calling your boss fat

>>56773631
ivans are not all ugly desu
>>
>>56773717
student girl in seoul say i handsome (but too thin)
so blunt, it really shock me
>>
>>56773818
Did you tell her she is cute but too slant eyed?
>>
>>56773818
do nut worry, i think they mean well
when they directly say your thin 50% chance is that their hinting you to get buff
>>
>>56773864
no because slant eye is nice))
>>
>>56773375

The Chinese have very little culture. Before communism, they were an entirely different people.
>>
>>56773972
Taiwanfags are the same.

They also call you fatty what you are. Source: Just came back from there.

It's a Chinese thing.
>>
>>56774047
Tbh I dont think its always an insult
My grandmum always complains to me that I'm too skinny, which is true, i should prob increase efforts to bulk up
>>
>>56774095
It's not an insult. Or rather, they think that being honestly concerned about your BMI is caring for you, as in being friendly and senpai etc.

Only strangers lie or dont care about you, so they say.
>>
>>56774189
zat is 100% correct
>>
>>56773972
>Before communism, they were an entirely different people.
stop spreading stupid Reddit memes.

The only reason today's chinese have this little culture (compared to nothing) is communism.

Hadn't been for the communist revolution, they'd still be plowing fields and dying of plague instead of acting rudely and learning modern social conventions.
>>
>>56773375
This is actually a good thing.
At least I assume it's better than using innuendos and elaborate "sarcasm" to imply that someone is fat.
>>
>>56774262
its changing, newer gen of chinese discovering how much china has to play catch up
when old CCP generation croaks prepare for upheaval
>>
>>56774262
this.

you can bash them commies as you want, but what I felt when in China is that the goverment cant be strict enough on these first gen urban dwellers who are still behaving as if they are in some village.

Might be German thinking here, but I would like them to have more ordnung. And the TV is full of propaganda-ads teaching them not to spit on the ground and run around with selfie-sticks all the time.

The government are kinda like helpless parents in regards to their people who are all a bunch of chaotic kids.
>>
>>56774418
this is quite true for countrysiders
>>
>>56773375
Honesty
>>
>>56773972
This is not accurate. Singaporean Chinks, overseas Chinks, and Taiwanese all act only slightly better than Mainlanders.
>>
>>56773375
Honestly I find it refreshing when I visit places with a culture of blunt honestly. Tired if all the lying fucks and their bullshit here.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.