[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Think the idea of getting a priest title attractive because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ivan_oxlobystin_474ae94b.jpg (211 KB, 550x889) Image search: [Google]
ivan_oxlobystin_474ae94b.jpg
211 KB, 550x889
>Think the idea of getting a priest title attractive because reasons.
>It requires only three years in an academy with pretty interesting subjects.
>Found out you can't be a priest if you're not married.
L-looks like I'm on the path to become a decent human being.
How do people view priests in your society in 2016, /int/? Are they still mentors and good shepherds?
>>
>Found out you can't be a priest if you're not married.

This one doesn't really make sense. It would make more sense for a priest to be unmarried, from the angle of "he can dedicate more time and effort to the church and will be less distracted by sex" etc. like monks and so on.
>>
>>56752349
MODS MODS MODS
>>
>>56752349
It's the opposite over here.
>>
>>56752349
like the retarded pieces of shit they are
>>
>>56752349
If you are both a monk and a priest (hieromonk) no one will think it weird that you're not married.

That being said, it does sometimes happen that an Eastern Orthodox priest is neither married or a monk.

Catholic priests where I live are generally looked upon well from what I've seen, though there are pedophile jokes because of the scandal.

>>56752639
Nah, there are pros and cons to either. Married priests like with Eastern Orthodox and Eastern Catholics generally lay down roots in a community and can give marital advice.
>>
>>56752639
We have two types Of clergy. Black is celibate, White is normal. Black is all monks and bishops. White is from deacons up to protopresbyters. Priests consult parishioners on different topics, unmarried ones aren't competent and too far away from lay people.
>>
Nonces
>>
>>56752878
If you have no wife and you don't take the tonsure, chances for your ordination in Russia are close to zero.
>>
>>56753193
Maybe it depends on where you live, but I've heard of old single guys/widowers being accepted into the priesthood without being monks.
>>
Priests are psychologists just as much as they are holy men in this country nowadays. They put great weight on their role as marriage counsellors and so minister to the faithful. Some are also guitar players who play along while their flock sings spirituals.

Then you also have the pastoral intellectual who is in cahoots with the Order of Malta and is like to promote arch-conservative, nigh theocratic notions, but the guitar-strumming, basketball-playing longhaired country priest is a far more common figure in the Slovenian priesthood.
>>
>>56752349

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUXloQM3eA0&t=991
>>
I'm thinking of becoming a Jesuit scholar-cleric. I'm about to finish my Master's in Genetics. Is being a scholar-cleric like Mendel still a thing? Do any fellow catholics know? It seems like a good fit for me because I'm super autistic, not interested in sex, and not interested in wealth beyond having comfy living arrangements.
>>
>>56752639
actually, someone who should understand issues of families, who wants to fulfill God's will should be married, and should reproduce
that way he's doing what God wants us to do
>>
>>56753704
your priest raped children here :(, i heard they still have nightmares
>>
>>56753807
I'm not catholic
>>
>>56753223
Rare. It's a fresh XXth century tradition. More like an exception.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.