[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do amerifats call Coca-Cola for "coke"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1404070987420.jpg (146 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
1404070987420.jpg
146 KB, 853x543
Why do amerifats call Coca-Cola for "coke"?
>>
do americans not say coke?
>>
>>56712522
I am not sure if you're aware of this, but the earlier Coca-Cola formulations did indeed contain 'coke' or cocaine.

I think 7up also contained dangerous amounts of lithium (mood-altering drug used in bipolar) before 1930.
>>
>>56712708

>le coke had coke meeh-meeh

good day sir have an upvote !
>>
>>56712753
Coke was originally created as a substitute to morphine by a civil war veteran, m8.

This isn't even salacious, questionable or 'controversial' information.
>>
>>56713081
You're thinking of heroin.
>>
>>56713081
That's heroin, not "Coke". You're thinking of cocaine, which is a stimulant and basically the opposite of heroin.
>>
>>56718444
>>56719886
Did you guys ever take pharmacology?

Coca plant -> cocaine -> [Coca]-Cola
Heroin is effectively (dia)morphine, the substance he sought an alternative to (Pemberton)

Coca-cola enlists coca instead of the active ingredient cocaine in any recipe to ensure it flies over lots of heads.
>>
>>56720209
Pls no bully I haven't slept in two weeks
>>
>>56720354
Why anon(ette)?, the insomnia will just wreck your nerves (and memory).
>>
>Coke = 1 syllable
>Coca-Cola = 4 syllables
Why waste my breathe?
>>
File: 1449187537021.jpg (59 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1449187537021.jpg
59 KB, 640x560
>>56720409
How do i treat insomnia?
>>
>>56720548
Are you a medical professional or potential patient?

3 ways

>Behaviourial modification
>>Avoidance of known stimulants
>>>Caffiene
>>>Evening Alcohol and large meals before sleep
>>Improvement of sleep quality
>>>Basically Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy to adjust hyperarousal, psychiatric issues causing insomnia, etc
>Pharmalogical therapy
>>Basically put you to sleep using drugs, assuming you fit the criteria (but for the short-term only)
>Complementary Medicine
>>Acupuncture, etc.
>>
>>56720209
Coke definitely was not invented to replace morphine. It was originally sold as a tonic at drug stores. Then once the negative effects of coca were found they stopped using leaves that still contained the active ingredient.
They actually still use parts of the coca plant in production today and are one of the only companies that can legally import coca to the United States.
>>
>>56712522
They almost get a heart attack saying Coca-Cola it puts a strain on their physique
>>
>>56720815
They use spent leaves though so its not really the same thing
>>
>>56720815
I didn't say that the prime anesthetic, cocaine was made to replace the prime opioid analgesic, that would be ludicrous

Coke as in Coca-Cola was simply the idea of using coca leaves in place of morphine for some medicinal purposes.
>>
File: 1394677007584.jpg (5 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1394677007584.jpg
5 KB, 100x100
pls stop, I've managed to abstain from goke for one day, but your thread has triggered me now I want a goke
>>
>>56712522

Because Coca-Cola is an ugly name, it sounds like you are expressing frustration in another language.
>>
>>56720548
Stop going to the liquor store.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.