[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it expensive to live in one of these European villages?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: hallstadt-austria.jpg (357 KB, 930x581) Image search: [Google]
hallstadt-austria.jpg
357 KB, 930x581
Is it expensive to live in one of these European villages?
>>
shrugs
>>
1-5M+usd average.
>>
Fuck off we're full
>>
>>56710999
Not expensive, EXPLOSIVE.
>>
>>56710999
It's hard to find a job there, living space is cheaper.
>>
>>56710999
i guess its expensive.
probably not many good paying jobs near by.

http://euroburo-salzkammergut.com/Gmunden/Hallstatt/property-for-sale/2-bedroom-chalet.html
>>
>>56711254
What are you on about ? It's cheap as fuck
>>
No hamburgers
So it's not possible sorry
>>
>>56711348
Anywhere is cheap compared to the UK for property lad
>>
File: 1438254681625.png (21 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
1438254681625.png
21 KB, 809x808
>>56711348
i dont know what a "normal" real estate market looks like 2bh.
>>
>>56711439
>>56711526
I'm french, but obviously, London is not a good exemple here.

In France, this would still be considered cheap, or at least normal.
>>
Cheaper than the cities, but there are no jobs usually, that-s why everyone but old people moves out. The village my grandma comes from has about ten residents
>>
>>56711576
what is it like to live in a castle?

http://athomevancouver.com/4-castles-that-are-cheaper-than-a-vancouver-home
>>
>>56711576
I said the UK not London m8.
>>
Pretty and flat Dutch villages tend to be cheap because we consider them to be in the middle of nowhere. After all, you have to travel 15 minutes longer to work.
>>
I've been there!
Yes, it's expensive as hell but swarmed with tourists I think.
>>
>>56711576
360k for a small house in the countryside in France isn't normal price, it's three times above the market.

However since it's in a picturesque place in the mountains it's probably going to sell.
>>
>>56711215
This
>>
>>56711903
Depends where in the countryside. In fucking center or Auvergne yes of course it's going to be cheaper. But who wants to live there ?
>>
>>56712413
That's the price in the alps you dummy.

Small houses in Auvergne are under 100k.
>>
How is the internet in those comfy villages?
>>
>>56712540
Nearly all the countryside in France has been equipped with ADSL during the last 10 years so it's usually better than in the cities where the equipment is older unless you got the fibre.
>>
>>56712513
Exactly what i said, thanks.
>>
>>56712760
You said 360k was the price of a house in the french alps, it's not.

The price of a house in the mountains is around 120-150k.
>>
The houses are much cheaper. Not sure about the rest though, but for like 200-400k SEK you'll get a pretty nice villa/house, while they go for over 2M in any bigger city
>>
>>56712978
>200 k SEK
>villa

WHERE?!!
>>
Not expensive no, but the communtiy will not accept you. Old small villages have a lot of alteingestandene inhabitants.

It`ll be very hard to make friends and when you want to go for a beer you get strange looks and whispers. The people there help each other out and everyone knows everyone. It`ll be very hard for an outsider to be accepted.

Source: I live in one of these shitholes. Beautiful on the outside but toxic to the core.
>>
>>56712978
What the fuck?
Both of those prices seem absolutely ridiculously low to me.
>>
>>56713770
my friend lives in an austrian village
said the same thing
he cannot make any friends

>>56713595
>>56714054
fuck off norgayans
stay in your frozen shitholes
>>
>>56712978
>200-400k SEK
>literally less than 50k€
>>
Building ground is extremely expensive, and would be so even without foreigners simply because we don´t have a lot because of the mountains.

>>56711254
That cottage is obviously not in sight of the lake or Hallstatt, otherwise the pictures would show the view, its very expensive considering that. You will not even be able to buy something in the old centre, because even if somebody would sell one he would sell it to friends.

>>56713770
Well guess what, foreigners are the ones driving up the prices and forcing locals out of the village. We in Tirol have special laws preventing foreigners from buying too many houses.
>>
>>56713770
It's weird, I have relatives who live in Austria and yet have never been to Vienna in their whole lives. Content to just stay in the same village always.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.