[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>joining the military to escape a slippery slope to NEETdom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: operator chan.jpg (68 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
operator chan.jpg
68 KB, 500x564
>joining the military to escape a slippery slope to NEETdom

Anyone here been in the forces before? How was your experience?
>>
>>56641700
>>joining the military to escape a slippery slope to NEETdom

Shit that is smart, didn't think of that. I might join our """military""" too, then.
>>
File: tfw jealousy.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
tfw jealousy.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
>>56641700
i always wanted to do something with my life to make my family proud, so i am currently prepping for the navy right now so i can eventually get a SEAL contract and go to BUD/s. the chances are slim of course, but i will not give up until they kick me out forever.
>>
>>56641700
Stay safe out there...
Come back alive
>>
File: 1458149377307.gif (4 MB, 347x244) Image search: [Google]
1458149377307.gif
4 MB, 347x244
>>56641700
>join the goyitilary
>fighting wars for Israel and jewish banking
>>
>>56642248
>wars

Not with Dudeweed in charge, bombing the middle east is too racist.

>fighting

I'm not stupid enough to be a grunt. Went with avionics technician so I don't end up in a brain-dead job any retard can do. Shipping out on 16th of April.

Still haven't properly started training for basic yet because I hate exercise. Hopefully I won't die or get kicked out.
>>
>>56642248
At least it'll get him off his ass. Thanks for the motivation, Shlomo!
>>
>>56641700
Go into something that is marketable as a civilian. Unless you're planning on staying in until you retire and then drinking yourself to death, you're going to get out, and if you do something that is specific to the military, you're going right back to NEETdom.

Finance/Accounting, trades, signals intelligence (like signals other than voice traffic), diesel or aircraft mechanic, cook, pilot; officer jobs in general will count as management experience.

Sure, there are jobs that like combat arms types, but there are way more of those guys than there are those jobs.

I was a Korean Linguist in the US air force. The only way to have a civilian job related to that when I got out was to have a particular clearance that you weren't going to get if you weren't in at least 6 years. Korean is a worthless language; there are translation jobs and such but you'd be better off working pretty much anything else for what they pay.

I had a pretty good time, mostly. But there were some unique fucking bullshit issues with the unit I would have been perpetually trapped in if I'd stayed in. Also the US military gives superiors ways to severely fuck you that are also bullshit. (Fortunately HIS superiors weren't going to let him get away with it.) I wouldn't recommend the US military to anyone with options. Dunno about Canada, but the career field advice should still apply.
>>
>>56641700
I'm going to join the French Foreign Legion
>>
>>56642423
Make sure you learn some more general skills than just working on the specific equipment they have you dealing with. Get especially well-versed with anything that is also found in civilian aircraft, and get good with electronics in general.
>>
>>56643686
Are things that bad in Spain, or do you just want to be a badass?
>>
>>56642043
Practice for BUD/s now.
Its hard to practice while you're in because there's not that much free time.
>>
>>56641700
The military is cool desu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkbMWchGab4
>>
>>56642248

>da joos
>putin reaction image

most insufferable kind of faggot on this website 2bh
>>
>>56643834
no, I have a lot of opportunities in life, but I just can't imagine myself doing anything else. I started university last year, but I just don't want to spend my life getting a degree and finding a job. And as a Catalan, I don't consider the Spanish military an option. After I'm done with the legion, if Catalonia is independent and has an army, I might join. Or maybe I will study, become a firefighter, a cop... Who knows? I just know that I have to do this. Thanks to my parents' properties, I think I could survive without working when I inherit them anyway.
>>
>>56641700
I was a Marine Engineer on Submarines, it set me up for a pretty good civilian job. The best advice I can give you is save your money, do not drink it all or spend it on a flash car, do every course you can and get in good with the admin people so they can teach you how to jew the system for better bonuses.
>>
I once considered joining, but now that there is a huge chance of being sent to the front line against Narcos I have my doubts
>>
>>56643783
I plan to. Might even take a couple courses in my off time so I can be s-m-r-t.
>>
>>56641700
I'm in the same boat as you, weedman.
I joined the Marines, ship off for Parris Island in September.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.