[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesn't/didn't spain annex portugal? what the heck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: map-grey.gif (38 KB, 600x481) Image search: [Google]
map-grey.gif
38 KB, 600x481
why doesn't/didn't spain annex portugal? what the heck
>>
>>56617338
From 1580-1640 Portugal was in a Personal Union under Spain, but eventually they rebelled. They couldn't even annex them when they were theirs.
>>
>>56617338
>Sovereigntugal
>Portufree
>Independentugal
>>
It'd be a shame for us being a colony of a colony.
>>
THey would become poorer. No advantage for them.
>>
>>56617338
ESPATUGAL
>>
>Catalonia rebelled
>Portugal rebelled
>Netherlands rebelled
>and some wars with other countries
Which would have you saved?
>>
>>56617338
Thank god, I don't want to see pure portuguese masterrace girls be touched by filthy moorish spics
>>
>>56617338
why doesn't/didn't Portugal annex Spain? what the heck
>>
>>56617338
portubros
>>56617835
>>
we have andalusia....and portugal is andalucia 2.0,northern Spain doesnt want like me:)
>>
>>56617933
sounds like espatula lmao
i still prefer hispania btw
>>
>>56617338
They tried, trust me. What I can't figure out is why Britain let you inbred aussies alone. Thankfully, those Aboriginal mongrel genes must have given you some immunity to your hostile environment.
>>
>>56617338
Well we tried.
>>
>>56617935
here's what i would've done if i were filipe II:
>make the netherlands independent by making a local lord the local king, he's still my nephew of something, but they manage themselves, in return they leave portugal alone, stop this stupid war, make them go back or if they want to remain in their places they have to subjugate to spanish/portuguese control
>stop the stupid invasion of britain, try to actually make england and spain friends via my wife's marriage, don't give a fuck about the pope for now
>integrate portugal passively, allow people to migrate back and forth in iberia, still allow them their language and open their borders with galicia
i don't know what else to do. he really had a shitty job
>>
>>56617741
Hey... want to come back under our wing? We don't have corrupt politicians [spoiler]anymore[/spoiler]
>>
Where are the Azores, op?
>>
>>56620165

yes
>>
>>56620238
With Ceuta and Melilla.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.