[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans hate California so much? Is it because California
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: california 1.jpg (94 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
california 1.jpg
94 KB, 640x360
Why do Americans hate California so much? Is it because California is known worldwide for having the most beautiful woman in the world? is it because California has the most beautiful landscapes? is it because California has the most perfect climate? is it because California dominates the technology industry via Silicon Valley? Is it because California dominates global culture via its music and film industry?

God bless California
>>
>>56610263
They are the source of all liberal faggotry
>>
I am LITERALLY a single state away from California and we've had rain for a month straight

AND THEY'RE STILL HAVING A DROUGHT
>>
>>56610263
I think they hate it cause is full of Mexicans.
>>
>>56610323
Well that is just blood racist
>>
>>56610263
outside of silicon valley, do white people actually exist in california
>>
>>56610357
yes
In parts of LA, and Northern California.
>>
Tom Waits is from cali, that alone redeems it
>>
Full of liberals.
>>
California also has lots of cool songs written about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-S8CIU7VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IZ-jATBq9A
>>
Wasn't there a thread like this yesterday with the same exact font? Can we stop it with this shit?
>>
>>56610642
No, you need to reminded everyday that California is your master
>>
>Is it because California is known worldwide for having the most beautiful woman in the world?

KEK
>>
are you from california? can you stop?
>>
>>56610658
Alright, keep it up like the brady poster and see what happens
>>
California is the best state, New York is the best city
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
If California were an independent country it would have the 12th largest economy in the world, are the other states even trying?
>>
>>56610346
that's not true tho
>>
where i live people blame californians for our growing pains (even though most people who move here are from elsewhere in texas). it's also probably a source of regional pride to some people to be resentful of california's seemingly bland pop 'culture' and propensity for gun control. in reality, california is a based state.
>>
>>56610727
Nigger states use our tax money, we could have fixed so much of our shit if it wasn't for the federal government stealing our cash. I'd love to be our own country 2bh
>>
>>56610772
If it's so based why do californians flood into other states en masse like migrants out of the middle east?
>>
>>56610795
Because we get others flooding from other states too.
>>
>>56610795
because it's unaffordable
>>
California independance when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL8DucShQQc
>>
>full of illegals and minorities
>constantly exports its failed progressive ideology to other states in the form of liberals fleeing their own politics
>LA is a disgusting traffic-filled monument to human consumerism and celebrity worship
>attracts potheads and superficial morons from across the planet
>has no rain
>has mudslides
>has earthquakes
>thinks the rest of the country loves it (we don't)
>has a state debt comparable to fucking Greece
>talk like vapid stoned retards
What exactly is there to LIKE about California? It repulses me on a visceral level; the state virtually symbolizes everything wrong with this country.
>>
>>56610827
>>56610865
Well as long as you adopt the culture of that state and not do that "Cocks not blocks" bullshit being perpetuated by liberals in texas universities, slowly degrading the texas culture
>>
>>56610902
Glocks****
not blocks lmao
>>
>>56610727
Yes other states such as Texas, New York, and Florida would also be significant economic powers if independent

California would literally die without its surrounding states because of lolnowater
>>
>>56610902
>cocks not blocks
literally what?
(i'm a native texan)

>>56610923
this did not clarify anything
>>
I believe it's our liberal politics and low-brow approach to life.
>>
>>56610932
It's a liberal movement where students literally, I KID YOU NOT, walk around with dildos and bring them up to people open carrying (or poorly conceal carrying) and waving it in their faces. Sometimes it leads to deep discussion, but usually it's a student waving a dildo in the face of someone exercising their constitutional rights
>>
>>56610263
I love California. I would not like living anywhere else though I like visiting select states for the countryside. Maybe I could live in NYC... too bad they get snow. Honestly, it is hard to imagine living outside of a Mediterranean climate once you've been born in it.
>>
>>56610263
>is it because
Yes

>>56610357
Yes, anywhere thats not a shithole.
shithole = south and large cities.
>>
>>56610902
You're in luck, it's the last of our conservative people moving out. Liberals still like it here unfortunately
>>
>>56610995
>t. Braindead Northerner
There are plenty of 95+% white towns in the midsouth/Appalachia that are probably nicer than whatever shithole you live in.
>>
>>56610965
Whats the big deal its just college kids being fucking retarded, as long as they don't assault anyone with their assault dildos them just let them be faggots in their little world and let reality hit them.
>>
>>56611124
I'm pretty sure he is referring to SoCal not the South
>>
BAN ASSAULT DILDOS
ASSAULT DILDO: BIG, BLACK, HEAT SHIELDING, SCARY-LOOKING
BAN THEM
>>
>>56611131
It doesn't rustle my jimmies all that much, but it is disconcerting that it's a growing movement in new age libs. They may seem goofy now, but a lot of the really inspired ones are going to go above and try to influence politics to create a more authoritarian state. I hope you're right, but I don't think it can just be ignored.
>>
>>56611148
What the fuck's a California?
>>
>Be californian
>Have dirt and rock lawns because no water for grass

Kek
>>
>>56610323
Actually I'd rather you guys overrun California and kill off all of the white hipster cucks that live there. Mexicans might actually pay taxes more if they became invested as well.
>>
>>56611251
DELET
>>
>>56611195
Its the same amount of leftists in the end, they have just found and have been abusing more ways to be more vocal because they are arrogant and assume they are the right way. Even the guys they convert usually turn back once they pay their first taxes.
>>
>>56611350
I guess and hope you're right.
After all, the 60s hippies become the 80s corporate office workers
>>
>Americans still don't believe CA is the best state

kek
>sunshine all year
>glorious beaches
>GOAT mexican food
>>
>>56611391
Just like Paris and London are the best european cities!!!
>exquisite culture
>beautiful architecture
>beautiful euro women ;))))))
kek
AMIRIGHT HOWCANIBEWRONG
>>
>>56610357
Yes, California north of the Bay Area, Central Coast, Santa Barbara, Large parts of northern and southern OC (South of Irvine). San Diego is also pretty white for being so close to Mexico.
>>
>>56611350
>Even the guys they convert usually turn back once they pay their first taxes.
i've been working full-time for nearly a decade, and desu i wish my taxes would go to meaningful things like universal healthcare or ideally a guaranteed income.. the dildo thing is stupid though. that being said, i don't agree with open carry on campus at this point because i feel like it was forced upon colleges to push an agenda. the second amendment, like all constitutional rights, needs to be upheld, to be sure, but my gut tells me that, in practical terms, open carry has a bigger likelihood to promote gun violence on campus than to curb it.
>>
>>56611428
City ≠ state. California is bigger than those countries
>>
>>56610263
I don't get it either. It probably is just jealousy.
>>
>>56611457
How? Would it make any difference if they were open carrying OR concealed carrying? Where is the proof open carry causes more gun violence?
>>
>>56611483
It was referencing his view as a tourist. Of course he mentions the beaches and food, but what about actual amenities for people who reside there?
>>
>>56611457
Open Carry discourages violence if anything, nobody is going to fuck around when there is a couple of guys with guns in the room.
>>
>>56611503
no, i think you're right. sorry, i meant to say that i don't agree with open or concealed carry on campus. admittedly, i haven't been following this development. was concealed carry allowed on campus before?
>>
>>56610727
Hahah they would dry up and die without us.
>>
>>56610346
>MUH RACISM
>>
>>56611523
And what would banning concealed or open carry on campus accomplish? Do you think school shooters care? They plan on dying on that day, so all they need to do is break that gun-ban on the day that they're going to die.
>>
>>56611350
I disagree. Colleges are slowly turning into leftist indoctrination centers. The reality is a lot of people who would have just stuck to a minimum wage job and probably never even cared about politics are now going to these colleges so they can get a decent job and being brainwashed into activist culture. It's true that for ages colleges have been relatively liberal, that isn't new. The problem is that its starting to move more and more into short-sighted progressivism rather than an educated veiwpoint. This is likely because of the echo chamber effect. What started as a nuanced examination of our culture and more traditional values base been distilled as leftist professor parrot the same opinions to each other until we're left with a bunch of regressive morons that are just as bad as the worst rightwingers.
>>
>>56611018
Lmao Austin is a little piece of California in Texas now.

Your "conservatives" are liberals who don't like paying taxes.
>>
>>56611513
We have too much stuff. Very diverse landscapes and all types of people. If you drive 3 hours in one direction it almost feels like you're moving to a different country. It's actually a very enjoyable place if you live away from the big cities.
>>
>>56610263
I like California, but I assume it's because Californians tend to isolate themselves from the rest of the country.
>>
>>56610658
I like this guy
>>
>>56611518
yeah, i think open carry is better than concealed carry for that very reason, but i meant to say that i think

>>56611549
campus shooters are crazy, and although most are planned, i could very well see it happening out of impulse.

>>56611558
austin is libertarian californian politics mixed with texas culture, and in that latter sense it's very much not california.. but it's getting blander by the minute, so that may not be true for long.
>>
>>56611568
Any places you recommend? What is the eastern half of the state like?
>>
>>56611558
I fucking despise people who complain about high taxes and then vote Democrat, they are literally causing their own problems.
>>
File: 1451067929678.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1451067929678.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>56611568
This exactly
One part has beaches, another has deserts, and another has forests and shit like pic related
>>
>>56611594
I really like the Santa Barbara area, it has cool refreshing weather and clean beaches. The more east you go you get a more Arizona desert feel.
>>
>>56611592
I am a student on a campus which allows students to carry firearms. There has never been a shooting out of impulse or haste. "You could very well see..." "I have a gut feeling..." I used to be on your side of the aisle on this debate, but after reading up on the issue, I'm pro-gun. A lot of the anti-gun arguments are mired in emotion. Gun laws haven't curbed violence in chicago
>>
File: CRW_0420.jpg (1 MB, 3088x2056) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0420.jpg
1 MB, 3088x2056
>>56611650
Is the lady in the dress paid to be there or is she just weird?
>>
>>56611659
My post here is extremely disjointed... I think I got to sleep, so I'll make a closing statement. Some gun laws are common sense: like stopping Cletus from firing his AR into the air on the 4th of july, but a lot of anti-conceal carry laws just exist to stop good people from getting guns. Gun crime in inner cities haven't been curbed by gun laws, Chicago is proof of that. School shootings are obviously one time offenses that can never be caught by the system, but if students are allowed to carry on university grounds there is a fighting chance the shooter will be immediately stopped by a student. School shootings are rare examples, but there are a ton of local-level cases out there of robberies or other altercations being stopped by responsible gun-carriers. Big media ignores those stories because they have agendas or just not enough time.
>>
>>56611704
It's just a lady in a dress, nothing weird about that. Could be a special occasion inside though.
>>
File: WINTER-P-VTA1.jpg (843 KB, 4000x2649) Image search: [Google]
WINTER-P-VTA1.jpg
843 KB, 4000x2649
>>56611650
>Santa Barabara
nigga, ventura is obviously superior
>>
>>56611594
Not same person, but I've been in Northern California my whole life.
I grew up in the Sacramento area, which didn't have a whole lot to do in the immediate range, but it was a great location for daytrips. West 1.5-2 hours and you're the Bay, a little bit farther and you can go to Santa Cruz. East 1-1.5 hours and you're in Tahoe with lots of ski resorts and cabins and a beautiful lake. North and South are less exciting aside from some of the best national parks a little farther out. And LA is a 6 hour drive.
I moved out to SF since, and I think I want to move to West LA or San Diego in the next few years because I like the weather more.
Overall, I wouldn't be upset if I ended up in white suburban Sacramento when it comes time to raise a family.
>>
File: 1352266097603.jpg (192 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1352266097603.jpg
192 KB, 900x1200
Success breeds jealousy
>>
File: CRW_0417.jpg (1 MB, 3088x2056) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0417.jpg
1 MB, 3088x2056
>>56611773
I guess. She just seemed out of place sitting there on the steps in a fancy white dress and there didn't seem to be anything happening.
>>
File: DSC_0950.jpg (792 KB, 5351x3567) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0950.jpg
792 KB, 5351x3567
Pic I took from Oakland today
>>
>flyover states on suicide watch
>>
>>56611251
We import water for our lawns.
>>
>>56612066
The bay is shit though

go farther north
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.