[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the average bavarian knows atleast three (3) languages once he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: hnqnx.png (100 KB, 452x244) Image search: [Google]
hnqnx.png
100 KB, 452x244
the average bavarian knows atleast three (3) languages once he gets his abitur. he can choose between either latin or french, but english and taking one of them is mandatory.
(german, latin, french, english)

coupled with that are many schools who also offer spanish (5 years i think) and (old) greek, then russian, turkish, japanese, chinese.... (each of them for only 2 years)

how many languages on average do students in your country/state learn, /int/?
>>
>>56135841
>the average bavarian knows atleast three (3) languages once he gets his abitur.
>>
File: 1457428035548.jpg (8 KB, 184x174) Image search: [Google]
1457428035548.jpg
8 KB, 184x174
>>56135880
what is it, my man? feeling salty because bavaria is the greatest state in "germany"?
>>
Where I grew up the average is probably somewhere between 1 and 2, like 1.4 or 1.5.

You start learning Spanish in primary school, then in junior high they add the option to start learning French, German, or Chinese which carries on through high school. At college the options obviously expand quite a bit. Most kids usually stick to just one but some choose to study several while others just drop language studies.

I have been taking Spanish, French, and Chinese since primary school and added Arabic for a few years in college while speaking Korean at home. I'm fluent in English and French while proficient with Spanish, Korean, and Chinese. I've barely studied Arabic long enough to be worth noting.
>>
>knows
>>
>know
>>
>>56135841
english french italian ancient greek latin

gee that was easy to ebat
>>
When I went to school, it was Russia + Choice (between English, German and French). It was not really much of a choice, as many schools only offered one of them, but you get the point.
Nowadays, it's only one, as Russian got on the level of others and you learn only one foreign language, as far as i know.
>>
>>56136224
Do Americans even speak German?
How bad are German heritage fags? I was in PA once and there were plastic krauts everywhere, but PA isn't representative
>>
>>56136309
>>56136608
s-stop it guys, i wrote it in quite a haste
>>
>>56136709
I wouldn't say it's common but I think there are weird pockets of German speaking communities throughout the Midwest.
>>
>>56136709
I'm a German heritage fag :)
I moved back to the fatherland last year to increase the amount of white people here before it's too late to save, but it probably already is.
>>
>>56135841
They ''learn'' two. English and either German or French.
>>
>>56135841
No, the average bavarian does not know 3 languages.

In fact, many of the bavarians I spoke to when in Germany couldn't speak english properly.

Learning something in school doesn't make you ''know'' it.

You are a perfect example of that OP.
>>
Man Coréen so sesí
>>
Three
>>
Bayern sind wie Inder
>>
are those footy manager regens
>>
>>56138336
Besser als ihr Ruf? :^)
>>
>knows 3 languages
I highly doubt that
We study Swedish + English + optional foreign language for years and most people still can't speak them, and that's even supposed to be our second mother tongue

Also
>speaking a dead language after taking weekly classes for a few years
Yeah nah
>>
>>56136709
World war 1 and 2, happened which discouraged any Americans from speaking German at home and in public
>>
On average Dutch, English, French, German
Then you can add some more. I forgot French, still speak Dutch, English and German.
>>
>>56135841

Yes yes, we have high school French too. Or German, or Spanish.

Doesn't mean anyone actually learns the language fluently.
>>
>>56135964
it's the cuckest. Back in the good days, when Adolfo Hitleriani, famous Italian Leader ruled Germany gratia dei, Bavarians spoke German.
>>
>>56136709
I only know how to say thanks.

>Ich bin dankbar fuhr ihre hilfer!
>Ich bin dankbar, fuhr ihre hilfer!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.