[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does your country have a comic/cartoon culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1_zoom.jpg (556 KB, 1748x2480) Image search: [Google]
1_zoom.jpg
556 KB, 1748x2480
I suppose Germany/Asutria doesn't have it at all. No one knows any famous German comics or cartoon characters that are made in Germany, with maybe one artist being the exception. That artist is pic related, his movies are usually of the dirty kind.

I hear that aside from the US and Japan, France, Spain and Italy have the biggest comic culture in Europe. Is that true?
>>
France is the comic centre of Europe, no question. Italy had good authors decades ago, but I'm afraid the popularity of comics has decayed there. I don't know why you bring up Spain, most people here do not care about such a format, Catalonia being the exception.
>>
>>56506021
>Catalonia

I was thinking of them actually
>>
File: 9782205063974-couv.jpg (3 MB, 2554x3252) Image search: [Google]
9782205063974-couv.jpg
3 MB, 2554x3252
>>56505543
yes
>>
File: funky_koval.jpg (367 KB, 1200x1108) Image search: [Google]
funky_koval.jpg
367 KB, 1200x1108
>>56505543
Nah, excluding some good stuff for children, we have only one interesting "serious" comic book series (pic related).
>>
File: Szninkiel-okladka-klasyczna.jpg (53 KB, 400x567) Image search: [Google]
Szninkiel-okladka-klasyczna.jpg
53 KB, 400x567
>>56509701
oh, there was also one Polish-Belgian duo and they made that series "Thorgal" (it was really popular here, but I'm not sure about the rest of Europe) and they also created pic related.
>>
>>56509833
Thorgal was quite popular in France when it was released, I'm not sure about now
good comic tho
>>
I really hate the disgusting/gross out looking stuff like your comic in the OP or Titeuf.

No idea why this shit is so popular in Europe, even as a child I didn't find it cool.
>>
>>56509882
Well, still it's nothing impressive while France produces most of European comic artists. Actually I'm not a comic-geek, but I remember that as a kid I really enjoyed French series like Valerian or Pelissa
>>
>>56510245
>>56509882
>Pelissa
Sorry, I meant La QuĂȘte de l'oiseau du temps - this is the original title
>>
File: kbosqa.jpg (33 KB, 388x450) Image search: [Google]
kbosqa.jpg
33 KB, 388x450
>>56509897
you should read some Reiser

>>56510245
maybe french comics are more translated and released in other countries
>>
>>56510380
Honestly I only really like Asterix, that shit was clever as fuck back when Goscinny was in charge of writing it.

Anything else like it?
>>
>>56506021
Belgium is pretty huge in comics too, let's not forget that.

Also some extremely good comics are from the UK, see Judge Dredd (even if most of their authors ended up working for capeshit).
>>
>>56510536
Gotlib stuff
>>
File: DSCI0002~1.jpg (333 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
DSCI0002~1.jpg
333 KB, 1296x972
>>56505543
Extremely so. Belgium has one of the biggest comic culture in Europe since at least a century, we practically invented it. Flemish and Walloon alike. Hergé, Marc Sleen, Willy Vandersteen, Franquin...

I still love old political satire Marc Sleen puts in his classic strips like Nero: the devil loses his pocket book, in it are the personal phone numbers of Stalin and Camille Huysmans (president of the communist party of Belgium).

Or pic related when set in Congo around the decolonisation.
>>
>>56509833
Yep Thorgal is magnificent
>>
America is the capeshit capital of the world, so yes.
>>
>>56506021
>He desn't know about the cimoc school
normie
>>
>>56510666
>I still love old political satire Marc Sleen puts in his classic strips like Nero: the devil loses his pocket book, in it are the personal phone numbers of Stalin and Camille Huysmans (president of the communist party of Belgium).
That's interesting, it seems that old Belgian comic books were rather conservative - for example I saw some Catholic websites recommending Tintin to Polish parents because its author was a devoted Catholic or something like that
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.