[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Italy, Italian culture, history and Italians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 14
File: italy-flag.gif (5 KB, 390x265) Image search: [Google]
italy-flag.gif
5 KB, 390x265
What do you think about Italy, Italian culture, history and Italians in general?
Have you ever met one?
>>
File: 1425260533494.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1425260533494.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
Italian history:

Shitty-city-states declare war on each other, hire mercenaries, because like 3 people live in each state too little for an army, and they literally make deals to not kill eachother too much and take it easy.
>>
Italy is a lovely country tbqfwy. Italy arguably has the most cool history per capita and their food is great.

Sicilia a shit though
>>
Italy is quite shit
Italians are quite shit
>>
Disgusting people
Disgusting drivers
Disgusting food
Fuckable chicks
Disgusting history

Disgusting langage tbhm
>>
>>56483894
>>56483820

Why do you think they are shit?
>>
>>56483742
>Have you ever met one?
I had an italian gf for more than half a year
>>
Italy's history is one of those that starts out really great and becomes gradually less impressive the closer you get to present day.
>>
Bro-tier country with bro-tier people.
>>
>>56484019
>>56483894

Pierre, you are confusing me
>>
Italians are usually friendly and cool people.
>>
>>56483894
Much nicer people than the French who are the rudest arses I've ever met in Europe. The amazing thing is that French people don't even think they're being rude, they consider themselves correct and superior. If, when offered a holiday, I had to choose between Napoli and ANY French city I would choose Naples in a heartbeat.
>>
>>56484103
Then get out Mohammed.
>>
>>56484103
t. anglo who has only visited paris for one week
>>
>>56483742
>What do you think about Italy, Italian culture, history and Italians in general?

best european cunt if you ignore Switzerland, Norway and Iceland

>Have you ever met one?

Yes, when I was in Italy
>>
My favorite country, especially in the north.
Nice people, super nice food, god-tier art, god-tier history.

I'm glad we got civilized by superior roman empire, best thing that happened to France tbqh.
>>
>>56484310
France invented modern politics and your art and architecture is god tier
[spoiler] Italy and France are the founders of western civiliation, i'll never get the hate we show each other between us [spoiler]
>>
File: ?.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>56483894
>Italy
>Disgusting food
>>
>>56483742
I know a few girls who are obsessed with Italy, italian language and history. For some reason all of those girls are ugly, skinny and nerdy.
>>
>>56484172
>>56484214

I'm on a two year contract with a school. I'll leave when I can.

At least the wine is nice.
>>
>>56483742
I wish i was italian ;_;
Italy and italians have most good and less bad qualities of both Europe and Russia.
>>
>>56483789
>because like 3 people live in each state
My Dutch friend, Italian city-states were the most populous cities in Europe during the middle ages.
>>
>>56484517
be glad you aren't italian, it sucks
>>
>>56484465
But you are in Paris right ?
Parisians are well known assholes, that's exactly why anglos think we all are rude and arrogant, they only go to paris and think everyone is the same.
>>
>>56483742
despite they look completely different from, i can find strange similarity to russians in behaviour every time i visit italy (specifically toscana, Rome, umbria. emilia-romagnia)

i don't know wtf
>>
>>56484517
>>56484417

Let's just make a Franco-Italiano-Russian alliance and overthrow the anglo-germanic domination of Europe.
>>
Great country, fellow lovers of cycling and good food. Please make Rome capital of EU. I want to pledge allegiance to the SPQR.
>>
>>56483742
I love italy, their food and their culture
the language ir pretty nice and reminds me on latin
I also have a mixed feeling about italians, but like everywhere there are good people and bad people

t. someone who is going to Italy as erasmus in some months
>>
>>56484668
>anglo-germanic domination
Never. Anglos and Germanics are the Gods and i would get on my knees in front of any of them willingly.
Also Russia has nothing to do with being European.
>>
>>56484756

Countries with stupid flags with horizontal bars would not be welcome anyhow.
>>
>>56484756
Reported to the Kremlin
>>
>>56483894
>Disgusting food
>Disgusting history
wot
>>
File: 51611873.jpg (463 KB, 1024x824) Image search: [Google]
51611873.jpg
463 KB, 1024x824
>>56484756
I am very disapointed in you, Semion Moissevitch. We'll have to keep it latin then.
>>
>>56484668
can we enter, we wuz relevant and shit

>>56484756
you mean jewish overlord
>>
>>56485118
Yes you can, but you'll have to provide the olives.
>>
>>56484771
says stupid flag with vertical bars
>>
File: sicilia.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1875) Image search: [Google]
sicilia.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1875
>>56483814
Sicilia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Italy"
>>
>>56484593
No, you be glad you don't live in Russia. It's like Italy only poor, cold and ugly.
>>
>>56483742

Why italians hate each other? Like north italians vs south italians...
>>
Best people to hang out with. Never met an Italian I didn't like and they were all goyim. They aren't prissy like most western Europeans are.
>>
>italia as a country
one of the loveliest country on earth. you can't die without vising there at least once
>language
my absolute favorite. always best sounding in my book. heavenly music to my ears.
>cuisine
fucking beautiful as fuck and 100/10 tasty. the whole world loves the food.
>history
the roman empire. the renaissance. enough said. who could even tie with it?
>cars
they know how to inject souls and passion into sheet metal.
countless of timeless and classic designs and charismatic cultural icons.
>fashion
no explanation is necessary. just unrivaled geniuses with mastery of galactically universal aesthetics.
>music
unarguably perfect list of historic giants and muses
>people
jesus burning hell christ italiens are fucking disgusting pickpockets, shameless cheaters who run god awful tourist traps here and there and filthy smelly lazy fagguettes with pointy toe clown shoes and too much visible chest hair who are ironically self-proclaimed experienced womanizers.
>>
>>56483789
Thats Japan
>>
>>56485453
>t's like Italy
Except it's not,
>>
The most relevant country in the 2016 years of existence of our planet
>>
My town has a lot of brazilians with italian heritage
>>
>>56483742
My parents love Italy, so we spent one week every year in the northern tourist destinations like Lido di Jesolo, Caorle, Eraclea Mare, Porto Santa Margherita, etc. We started going to Italy when I was 4 and stopped when I was around 16, so I've been to Italy more than 11 times.
Italians were always extremely nice to us over there and their restaurants are top tier. But we've always been bothered by the niggers on the beaches that tried to sell us bead necklaces and other stuff three times a day.
I know tourist destinations are probably very different from the real "core" Italy, because people there are used to being in contact with tourists. So I don't really know what to think of Italy in general. But if it's only half as nice as the places I visited, it's still a great country.
>>
>>56485907
To nuance this a bit
Italy has one of the worst chad crowd, and it pretty much glorifies its own degenerate version of the chad culture as a good stereotype to try to attain. So yeah, ridiculous flashy shirts openes to the navel, gold chains, big bling belt buckles etc. Women aming them are very trashy with prostitutes dress and platform shoes.
They have a great fashion industry and some tasteful design but the average Italian brand is flashy and vulgar, only a few succeed in being tasteful, but when they do they are extraordinary.

Outside of the white trash, Italians are pretty rad people, they have a lot of self depreciating humor, somewhat sad sometimes, akin to the Jews. Their country is fucked up in.many ways and they accept it even if it hurts their pride.
I love how passionate they are (yea stereotype but true) especially in the arts. They are very fun to be around.

I find it funny how nobody does legwork at the gym so they are all bulky but only from the waist up, with their shiny muscle sitting on fagotty thin legs.
>>
>>56483742
cunts
>>
>>56483789
>>56483820
>>56483894
>>56484439
>>56488435
these posts must be delet'd
>>
File: simpsonhomerdrool.jpg (14 KB, 225x227) Image search: [Google]
simpsonhomerdrool.jpg
14 KB, 225x227
I love Italian cuisine. So many mouth-watering dishes originated in Italy... Also they are masters of horror-movie genre (Argento, Fulci etc). Dont really care about the culture besides from that.
>>
I've grown to dislike Italy after reading some of the delusional comments from northern Italians about the south. It's not so much that I think they're incorrect or that I'm offended (I'm half actual Northern European, not just an Italian mudblood from Tuscany), it's that I think they're cucks. Northern Italians do not look like Northern Europeans. They look like slimy Italians, just slightly less so than their Northern counterparts. Holding to an ideology of intra-racial supremacy puts them beneath any Northern European nation.
>>
I want to backpack in Italy this summer. I've seen Florence, (and Pisa), Venice, Bologna, Rome and Napoli. Where do you think I should go next Italian bros? Somewhere beautiful.
>>
>>56489686
I might even try camping although I'm not sure that's possible to do outside campsites (which are a ripoff)
>>
I met an Italian guy once, at a pizzeria in New Jersey. Nice guy but looked like he was from the Levant for some reason.
>>
Well I can tell you I have italian citizenship but I don't have the means to go there at the moment (money).

But it looks like a gorgeous place.

Also I would have to learn italian, I can only manage spanish (native) and english right now, how hard is it to learn?
>>
>>56483742
Americanized versions of your people suck
>>
>>56489686
Piemonte senpai, best city in Italy (Turin) and some of the prettiest villages in Europe.
Also San Marino. The sorroundings have lots of castles.
>>
>>56483742
I only met a "real" one once. French who have italian forefathers don't go "muh heritage", so they are not annoying. You couldn't even said if one is from France or Italy. They have integrated.

As far as I know, italian culture is good.
>>
Italy seems relaxed and like it knows how too live a full life without too much autism and bullshit.
Italian neorealism is cool.

I met a lot of Italian students learning Russian in my uni, they were nice guys. We couldn't explain them what icicles are and why they shouldn't go under roofs.
Also they say there is more crime and garbage on streets in their hometown than in our Siberian town.
>>
>>56489686
Sicily, see >>56485435
>>
i feel like id be like paulie in the sopranos when he went to italy
>>
>>56490139
>>56489790
Thanks bros. I visit Italy at least a few times each year. I'll definitely check both of them out.
>>
>>56483742
It's a very nice country.
They make the best cars and motorcycles in Europe.
They make the best food in Europe, in my opinion.
They have the best historical buildings in Europe. In fact, no other country in the world has as many UNESCO world heritage sites as Italy.
They also have great mountains and a great coastline at the same time.
The climate is decent, too.
Italian movies have had a massive effect on the world's cinema, although in recent years they unfortunately haven't made anything interesting.
But Italy is a great country. Too bad about the economy. It'll pick up eventually, I'm sure.
>>
>>56494459
>best cars in Europe
You rustled my jimmies there.
>>
>>56495218
No need to be rustled. Germany still makes the most cars. But where the Germans have quantity, the Italians have quality.
>>
>>56487753
Not really you retard, most Italians would be considered menchldren by you Americans and (especially by anglos and their colonies).

The average Italian lives with his parents 'till his late 20s.

The virginity shame kinda exists but it's much, much less of an issue than in America.

It is true that they are very loud, and really passionate about stupid shit like soccer (like REALLY fixed on that) so they have some huge normie attributes, even moreso than Americans in some cases (since at least in USA you gotta choose which sport you like but in most places in Italy not liking soccer equals to social suicide).
>>
>>56483789
Yea it's not too bad
There's a Italian girl of my course and she's pretty fit
>>
>>56485435
Most of those people are litteral whos, stop deluding yourself into believing you're relevant.
>>
>>56483742
Met one during the carcass show here. He said he doesn't like carcass and was here for the wailers. I walked away w/o passing my doob
>>
>>56484103
Now now, don't speak nonsense. Even fucking Central Africa is better than n*ples.
>>
>>56484756
Weeeeeeeew, I don't care if it's b8, you shouldn't post disgusting things like this.
>>
File: brbjg.jpg (6 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
brbjg.jpg
6 KB, 224x225
>>56483742

Amazing history

Superior food,fashion, design, cars (haw haw fix it again tony hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr), women, sport legends, Formula One Gods...

theres too much to even list.

Italy is the diamond of europe and everyone around italy should be ashamed they arent half as cool as the italians.

I fucking hope I have italian blood running through my veins.. once my DNA test comes through (adoption is a bitch) ill be blessed to be italian.
>>
A close friend of mine at school was from Italy. Pretty laid back guy in general. So were the rest of his family from what I could make out.
>>
File: qt.jpg (117 KB, 881x960) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
117 KB, 881x960
>>56483742
Only met one italian in my life so far, he was an erasmus student here
He was really nice and friendly but maybe only because he was drunk desu
also i want an italian gf
pic related
>>
>>56483742

One of the worlds best countries. Just kill these Anzu autists please.
>>
Northern Italy is quite nice, Southern Italy is Africa-tier.

The cuisine's a bit overrated and their mentality is quite the opposite of my Scandinavian aspie mindset.

Italian men give off kind of a rapey vibe though.
>>
>>56495843
If they're "litteral whos" for you, you should go back to school. Especially Verga, Pirandello, Quasimodo and Bellini.
>>
>>56483742
Meatballs meatballs spaghetti on the meat ravioli ravioli great barrier reef
>>
>>56483742
I've some friends in Venice and some in Puglia. But I'm not sure if central italians count them as real italians
>>
>>56485907
jealous of our hair :^)
>>
>>56484631
You give me hope again
>>
>>56483742
My friend studies in Italy and she says you are nice guys, friendly, welcoming, and hospitable
>>
>>56483742
I lived with an Italian in Sweden for 2 weeks. She was a really sweet older lady, like 50 or something, but she looked really young and was in great shape.
>>
>>56503789
Italian food, probably. And genetics.
>>
>>56484631
Parisians are shit, everybody knows this.
>>
>>56503368
No one gives a flying shit about them outside of Shitaly
>>
>>56483742
italy
>shit
culture
>shit
history
>shit
italians
>shit
have you ever met one
>fucking everyday i live in CAPUT MUNDI
>>
>>56504023
No one gives a shit about most of the Italian authors outside of Italy, but in Italy they're very relevant
>>
Pizza! Pasta!!
>>
>tfw want to go but immigrants, gypsies and mafia scare me
>>
Meme tier people my friend :^')
>>
>>56484631
Now you understand how Americans feel! They come to America, or they meet stupid Americans from the midwest/south and think that's how we all act.
>>
>>56504178
all americans are over 350 pounds my friend, don't lie to me
>>
>>56504178
I think every nation in the world shares this problem
>>
>>56504154
>immigrants
There are less immigrants than in the other Western European countries

>gypsies
There are not so many gypsies

>mafia
Mafia doesn't kill random people and is not very present outside of Southern Italy anyway
>>
File: 1458237454546.png (101 KB, 327x333) Image search: [Google]
1458237454546.png
101 KB, 327x333
>>56504258
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
Oh ma qualche femanon carina che sta a milano? Sono terrone lo dico prima
>>
>>56483894
shove a baguette up your gay ass mon amie
>>
>>56483742
The primary reason we're shit now is because of Shitalians, fuck you Shitaly. Especially you, Venice.
>>
FOTTO TUA MAMMA
>>
>>56485907
Porco dio-tan my sushi friend desu!

You're right but please let me enlighten you on something desu

>internet
holy fucking shit you cant even download a gif
>girls
cumdumpsters usually they fuck with immigrants
>television
gerry scotti!
>kill self
italian people on a suicidewatch

thank you my friend amico
>>
>>56508189
get out normie
>>
It's nice

yes
>>
File: italian_boys.jpg (27 KB, 518x400) Image search: [Google]
italian_boys.jpg
27 KB, 518x400
>>56483742
The most advanced black nation on earth.

The women smell kinda funny, and are ugly and the men are autistic weaboos.
>>
File: buffon.jpg (7 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
buffon.jpg
7 KB, 189x266
My mother is Italian, born in Italy. Father is also Italian, but born here. My mom first brought me to Italy to her town when I was 3. I went every summer as a child. I even went to elementary school briefly. I can honestly say that I have never connected with the Italian people even though I speak the language fluently. Italians do not consider those from abroad as their brothers and sisters. If they hear you speaking English, they will look at you with such suspicion. Even if you speak Italian to them and they hear any hint of a foreign accent, they will ridicule you and mock the way you pronounce things. Italians are xenophobic and ignorant. Their attitude towards Italian Americans is the reason many in the USA abandon their culture. Meanwhile, I once traveled to Lebanon and they treat the Lebanese who visit from abroad like their brothers and sisters! Even if the person is only half Lebanese or 1/4 Lebanese. Meanwhile, I am 100 percent Italian and always had to get treated like shit in my mom's country. Italian men also dress like faggots. I don't know whats worse, the fag style in Italy or the trashy Jersey shore style of Italian Americans. Pic somewhat related. Gigi Buffon. Handsome guy, but a total cuck. His ex wife was posing naked and showing her pussy. Italian guys are also beta when it comes to bitches. Unlike Arabs and Greeks who are alpha as fuck.
>>
>>56511921
The men stay at home until they are 60. The women strive to look anorexic. Otherwise, they don't care about their appearance at all, especially in the provincial areas. Armpit hair, big noses that they don't bother to fix, no makeup. Also, the women all wear jeans with gymshoes. American women almost never wear sneakers.
>>
>>56494459
The food is good, but they are also nazis when it comes to how they have to eat. Everything has to be in order. They will ridicule you if you don't do everything the 100 percent Italian way.

>>56495716
Late 20s? Try late 50s? Many men never even leave home, even after marriage.
>>
>>56512204
>they don't bother to fix their noses

This is normal outside America and south Korea.
>>
File: chrissie.jpg (150 KB, 647x787) Image search: [Google]
chrissie.jpg
150 KB, 647x787
Italian language sounds just like Espanish which is cool, i wouldn't have any trouble learning it.
>>
>>56483742
>Have you ever met one?
everyday cause we're italians
>>
File: 1413508205798.png (197 KB, 294x256) Image search: [Google]
1413508205798.png
197 KB, 294x256
>>56513003
Sure you are..
>>
>>56512967
Actually even in the Arab world, they fix them. Hence, why the Lebanese women are known for their good looks and Italian women are not except for the occasional beauty like Monica Bellucci.
>>
>>56513057
i'm not being ironic this time, americlap
>>
I live in Sao Paulo, theres a lot of Italians here.
>What do you think about Italy, Italian culture, history and Italians in general?
Cool.
>Have you ever met one?
A lot.
>>
>>56512148
lel butthurt guinea realizes his motherland is filled with assholes
>>
>>56504154
>>tfw want to go but immigrants, gypsies and mafia scare me

Don't worry, Italy allows for concealed carry.
>>
File: you goddamn nigger.jpg (128 KB, 548x628) Image search: [Google]
you goddamn nigger.jpg
128 KB, 548x628
>>56483742
>It's an italian asking for attention and praise episode
>>
>>56513212
Italy is the worst! The people are more rude than the French. The stereotype of Italians being warm is complete fiction.
>>
>>56483894
Aw, but their language is really close to Latin! And their food is amazing. Their history was pretty good and declined, but other than that, they're pretty good
>>
>>56483742

Big noses, can make jews green with envy on how big they are
>>
delete this thread
>>
>>56483742
Not really proud of my italian heritage desu...
I don't love Italian culture in general either...
Thank you for Macri though
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.