[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck my country.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: American localization bullshit.jpg (93 KB, 682x445) Image search: [Google]
American localization bullshit.jpg
93 KB, 682x445
Fuck my country.
>>
I laughed, but then I felt bad for you bro
>>
File: americandocumentaries.png (175 KB, 645x589) Image search: [Google]
americandocumentaries.png
175 KB, 645x589
>>56480324
>>
>>56481090
That's not too far off from the truth, sadly.

20 years ago this wasn't the case, but Nat Geo and other "educational" cable networks found that this format, along with "10 most (adjective) animals" specials, garnered the best ratings with Generation-ADHD.
>>
>>56480324
its funny that americans do this, but i really don't understand the point. Do people not like Attenborough's voice/accent?

If they use exactly the same script i see no reason to replace him, and I see no reason to change the script
>>
>>56481193
>Do people not like Attenborough's voice/accent

Most people love his voice, but Dave is an old white man, clearly a relic of an oppressive bygone age.
>>
>>56481193
They probably changed away the big scary words so american audience can understand it.
>>
>>56481177
It's sad really. I used to enjoy Nat Geo, Animal Planet and Discovery when I was a kid. Nowadays though, I've seen quite a few examples that closely resembled that image, when they even remember to send a "documentary".

>>56481251
Fuck you. Attenborough will live forever.
>>
>>56481336
His brother died last year, maybe year before last. The clock is ticking...
>>
>>56480324
>brit cover is a faggot lizard in a ball
lmao fucking rekt fuck britain
>>
>>56481177
For some reason Discovery here shows shit loads of programs about fatness. Especially a show called "My Big Fat Fabulous Life".
Who watches these.
>>
File: 1447383444957.jpg (53 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1447383444957.jpg
53 KB, 800x800
>>56481674
Stay at home moms and tumblr women.

Not even memeing.
>>
>>56481090
To be fair; some BBC documentaries have a bit of ADHD editing and unnecessary sounds effects too.
>>
>>56481828
Probably true, but I guess most of those are only shown domestically. And it's the announcer that's the worst part in modern American documentaries and shows. I don't get how people can enjoy that shit, I just want to shoot him so he would shut up.
>>
I heard (professor) Brian Cox lamenting the fact that he had to dumb down his BBC documentaries so much for the American versions. Aside from cutting 15 minutes of material per episode, I mean. Sad.
>>
>>56482518
Brian Cox is my dreamboat. No homo.

Seriously though, I'm basically in love with every BBC science/history documentary presenter ever. Especially Susannah Lipscomb. I'd trap for her, just so it could be totally homo. And that biblical historian grill with the Greek name.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.