[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone with Schizophrenia who lives in the south anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 13
Ask someone with Schizophrenia who lives in the south anything anything.
Me on the left btw just so you know
>>
How does your schizophrenia manifest itself?
>>
>>56464030

where did he touch you honey
>>
I've never understood this illness. Can you tell me exactly what you see or feel others don't sometimes?
>>
What state are you in? :DDDD
Also, do you have paranoia? You don't gotta tell me :DDD
>>
>>56464030
How it affects your life?
>>
>>56464030
me on the right
>>
>>56464077
>>56464091
>>56464108
>>56464147
>>56464187
This
>>
>>56464077
Explain what this means
>>56464108
It feels like I am not connected to reality well. And I can hear sounds like voices telling me to kill myself (they sound like someone is actually saying it though) and seeing figures and shadows not there. I have thought about suicide hundreds of times even when I am not sad. I can get really happy for no reason. And some other things, I am trying to think because of racing thoughts.
>>56464147
Tennessee
I can get paranoid when it sounds like someone is breaking in when there really isn't.
>>56464187
It's hard to talk to people without blurting out random shit in conversation. And sometimes I feeling like stabbing people to death for no reason.
>>
Have you been ever institutionalized?
>>
>>56464262
>Explain what this means

I just meant how does it present itself -- what are the symptoms for you. But you basically answered that when talking to this guy: >>56464108

Do your worldview and mood change? Do you sometimes think you're 100% right about something but maybe a month later you'll ask why you ever thought you were right about that thing?
>>
Does god talk to you and tell you to program an operating system?
>>
>>56464030
how do you know that the voices in your head arent real?
>>
>>56464366
Yes for a total of 22 days.
>>56464369
I used to think that the world was a computer program once. I also once thought the world was about to end in a few weeks. Not even a conspiracy theorist.
>>56464410
I don't believe in god.
>>56464429
I can tell they are not real when I am alone. But it is harder to tell around people because a voice could be laughing when no one is laughing.
>>
>>56464262
>It feels like I am not connected to reality well. And I can hear sounds like voices telling me to kill myself (they sound like someone is actually saying it though) and seeing figures and shadows not there. I have thought about suicide hundreds of times even when I am not sad. I can get really happy for no reason. And some other things, I am trying to think because of racing thoughts.

I have that too and I'm not schizophrenic, I'm just an average Austrian.
>>
>>56464030
>>56464262
Tonight I am going to get into your brain. I have mastered the art of possession and have done it to many different people. My current host body is one I hijacked before dying of old age. And tonight it is you who I will possess. I won't keep your body, but I think I am going to do something really nasty with your body, then go back to my current body. Your thoughts are not safe when I am here.
>>
>>56464524
Is Austria depressing? Does your country have a high suicide rate like my city? I once called for suicide prevention and the people were so lax like they are used to it. They were like "ugh this again".
>>
>>56464262
Oh, I'm in Tennessee, too.
I think we might've talked a few months ago or something.
Anyway, thanks for the answer!

>>56464410
Terry is a very unique man.
>>
File: pepecandle.jpg (14 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
pepecandle.jpg
14 KB, 160x160
>>56464552

You sir are a master
>>
>>56464552
Entertaining.

The truth is that we are all dead and die over and over again.

Every time you die, your consciousness moves on to another version of yourself in another universe just before you die and you forget.

The only remains are slight variations in the universe itself that are usually too subtle to notice and your unconscious mind, which will sometimes surface in your dreams.
>>
>>56464630
I really don't want to think about it too much, I will probably talk the both of us into suicide.
>>
>>56464030
Were you born like this, or did it happen later in life?
>>
>>56464748
Talking about suicide makes me really, really happy. Talking about anything deranged makes me happy. Like orphanages getting blown up or a school shooting. Probably because of the super excess amount of dopamine in my brain or however the fuck it works.
>>56464765
I was born with it because my mom has it. My mom used to scare the fuck out of me when I was younger. Now I am having the same problems too.
>>
File: 1415943602923.png (32 KB, 167x142) Image search: [Google]
1415943602923.png
32 KB, 167x142
Do you actually have schizophrenia or just a schizoid disorder? Your grammar, judgement and memory seem way too preserved
>>
>>56464859
My white friend has a valid point.

Also with your racing thoughts you sound like you have Schizoaffective Disorder.

>t. Psy grad student
>>
>>56464859
I have most of the symptoms but not all of them. Maybe it's paranoid schizophrenia. They did diagnose me with psychosis though. I do have speech catatonia where I repeat things and I have racing disorganized thoughts. I am also constantly paranoid and afraid someone will break into my house. I am thinking about buying a gun just to make sure but I don't think with my illness I will be able to purchase a weapon. I am also in the beginning stages of the illness too. I am 19 and I started hearing sounds and shit a few months ago. Am I fucked or what?
>>56464951
Okay thanks for telling me.
>>
>>56464681
Based Terry is honestly quite smart but its often overlooked by "lmao ur crazy"
>>
>>56464030
Or maybe you're on the right.
>>
>>56465075
Or maybe you're on the left.
>>
>>56464262
How do you cope? Do you have medication?? It sounds like you're pretty sane but just taunted by these hallucinations all the time.
I think I would just snap one day if it got too bad.
>>
>>56465114
What if we're both in the middle?
>>
>>56465123
I have recently decided to stop taking medications to test myself. I am wondering if I can throw my whole life away in a few days because I don't give a fuck about life anymore. It is mainly sleeping medication to help with symptoms of insomnia and the sorts.
>>56465167
Sure
>>
>>56465057
He really is intelligent, yeah, but his "CIA NIGGERS" mantra isn't the best for PR I guess.
Also his end goals aren't realistic in the slightest, but he's gonna keep trying.
gotta love his videos, still
>>
File: schizophrenia-us-heatmap.jpg (143 KB, 680x490) Image search: [Google]
schizophrenia-us-heatmap.jpg
143 KB, 680x490
Here is a map to keep this /int/ related someway.
>>
>>56465051
>Am I fucked or what?
Well if you actually have schizo you've probably already been told that it's a degenerative pathology that will more than likely kill you in a couple of years.

Then again if you take your medication, go to theraphy and have a family that supports you, you will likely live just a couple of years less than the average person.
>>
Maps and shieeeeet XDDDDD
>>
>>56464839
Do you know if all people with Schizophrenia are born with it, or it can also happen later in life? Also, how did your mom used to scare you?
>>
>>56464030
have you taken your medication?
>>
>>56465361
>couple of years
What the fuck. Please be joking. I just starting hearing faint noises but it's going to get worse? Goddammit.
>>56465385
She would talk to herself a lot. She would lock all the doors of the house and put chairs on them. She would speak in tongues. She would have trouble directing conversation. etc I I can't think right now because I am so fucking paranoid right now.
>>56465429
No I haven't taken my meds. I don't trust using that shit. They are all just placebo affects and insomnia medication anyway. Those pharmaceutical companies only care about making a quick buck off of other people's demise. I will not let them do this shit to me.
>>
>>56465381
croatia once more the border of europe
>>
>>56465538
Nah, sorry. It's like that here because 3rd world. I just read that in 1st world countries life can be pretty acceptable and schizo shortens your span just like 15 years.
>>
>>56464262
Sounds a little like my bpd and schizotypal. I never heard voices but I hear and some minor stuff like ambulances or footsteps (they get louder when I try to ignore them) or I see weird lights and stuff when I'm stressed. I lose contact with reality sometimes and I'm usually either pisssed off or anxious.
Must suck to hear actual voices.
>>
>>56465318
So if I move to Georgia I won't get schizophrenia?

Thanks friend. I live in California, it's like I am waiting for it to happen.
>>
>>56465538
I have few questions for you. How old are you, and did you graduate high school? Are you considering College? Also, what are you hobbies?
>>
>>56464030
What are these black things? please someone answer. And if you could tell me more differences between a schizo brain and a normal brain it'll be nice.

I might have starting to have schizofrenia too. Just a slight one, I think. I've always been the rare kid, but without schizo things, I think. Just like a not-very-social kid, I din't like normal things, but electronics and radio signals instead of toys. Anyways that's not a disease ofc. But now (I'm 19) I usually have these thoughts like you said. I think about the realness of the reality, it seems fake to me, it might be a simulation. I am not a conspiracy person, I almost never read about that, it's just thoughts that I get from my mind. I think that going outside and talking to people prevents me to become a schizo but I think it's going on anyways. But I hear no voices, so it might be other thing? you can ask me about if you want to help me

sorry but I can't express in english at all. I don't speak as a robot in real life.
>>
>>56465636
>15 years
Eh. I am kinda done with life at this point anyway and I still have a long ways ahead. I live in an upper middle class environment and I have plenty of entertainment at my disposable. If I want to fuck bitches I can. It is my right too.
>>56465652
The voices told me to lock my grandmother outside the house so I did. She wasn't really mad at me and felt bad for me.
>>
>>56465730
I am 19. I did not graduate high school because my grades were bad from going in and out of the hospital. I am not considering college. The only hobbies I have are 4chan, video games, books, and trying to survive the night from delusions. It's fun trying not to have a mental breakdown during the night!
>>
>>56465814
Auditive hallucinations and a lack of connection with reality are pretty much must-have characteristics of schizophrenia and you don't have any of those. Schizos don't really "think" about the realness of reality, they construct a separated reality of their own because they sense things that aren't really there/not like that and because their judgement is affected.

You could always just go and see a psy if you want to be sure.

Also blach things are space not occupied by brain. Picture on the left basically shows an atrophia of grey matter.
>>
>>56465814
I think it is dopamine.
You might have a depersonalization or anxiety disorder. Anxiety can cause fucked up things to you. So does constant stress.
>>
>>56464262
If you know those voices and thoughts aren't real... Why are they still affecting you?
>>
>>56466083
Because they are unmanageable.
>>
>>56465814
Go to psychiatrist, it might be a dissociative disorder or something else, maybe a different kind of schizophrenia or few disorders at once, happens.
>>56465820
Poor woman. I prefer to stay away from people because I get angry really easy even at some imagined shit and I've already been hospitalized twice.
Did you ever end up in a fun house?
>>
>>56465897
What kind of books do you like? What do you like reading about? Do you like riddles?
>>
>>56465996
Yes I said "I might be starting" because I know I am not a schizo now. But I think it might be the beginning?

I read most of schizofrenia developes in teen age and that's when I started to become rarest.

Well I have had a very few hallucinations. But they're not common or daily. For example when I came from class (17) I once saw my grandmother in my room doing things with clothes but she wasn't even alive at that time. I've listened to my name 2 or 3 times without no one near me. Sometimes I listen to sounds that might be real (f.ex a cat crying) but then there is no cat. And it annoys me because it makes me unable to sleep sometimes. I use stoppers in my ears since 16 because any noise can make me really upset.

But they are not common, just 0.01% of my total perceptions maybe.

These are not the things I'm worried about. It's about me. I feel unconected to reality. I don't believe in this. It's a constant thought that comes from my brain. I have tried to become a catholic trying to full my life with some sense. But I can't. I tried to with science but no meaning too. I am unable to create social links. I can (and I do) speak to people, but for example I had a girlfriend but I never felt anything, I was just trying. I don't identify myself to people. People seem fake to me. Inventions of my brain. I have difficulties for easy things as work, develop my life, make bank account, write letters, it's like I am unable of daily life things. It makes me also unconnected to society. And in the future that will create problems. I am not a "neet" I go outside my house really often I talk to people but that doesn't helps
>>
>>56466220
What is a fun house?
>>56466416
I read non-fiction books. Mainly astronomy, chemistry, and biology. I liked them ever since I was a young child.
>>
>>56466589
Hospital.
I just saw that you mentioned it earlier.
>>
>>56464030
Sounds like paranoid schizophrenia. If you get the right treatment you should be fine :)

At least you're not black.
>>
>>56466722
I am black though. About 40% though.
>>
>Tennessee
>South
>>
>>56466764
Okay, you're screwed. :p
>>
>>56465051
>I am thinking about buying a gun just to make sure but I don't think with my illness I will be able to purchase a weapon
Just don't. You will end up shooting yourself.
>>
>>56466589
I gotta go to bed. My advice for you would be keep reading and learning new stuff, you can try studying a new language, try learning small stuffs at a time, but the most important thing is to actually do them, learn something and then apply it on practice, learn a new language and then use it, whatever you learn try using it on practice, i think that should help you alot. Good bye and good luck
>>
>>56466220
I know but I would be really ashamed of that. I don't want people or parents to know who I am. They just think I am rare but never would know what really happens inside me and that would make me feel terrible inside

and I don't think there are online psychiatrists
>>
>>56465538
> No I haven't taken my meds. I don't trust using that shit. They are all just placebo affects and insomnia medication anyway. Those pharmaceutical companies only care about making a quick buck off of other people's demise. I will not let them do this shit to me.

Sometimes meds are the only thing that prevents your ilness from potentially harming you or someone else.
>>
>>56465897

Then how are you living without income?
>>
>>56466810
That's how most schizos die.
>>
File: 1453935801455.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1453935801455.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
>>56464552
MADMAN
>>
>>56464951
>Also with your racing thoughts you sound like you have Schizoaffective Disorder
Jesus Christ you didn't learn shit, that is pretty much a symptom of all major mental disorders.
>>
do you ever have pararanoid thoughts that you know are irrational but they are still at the back of your mind?

like cameras being in every part of your house and lviing areas, hidden but there and you are actually some part of Truman show~esque reality show?

hahaha me neither.....
>>
>>56465538

Take your fucking medication, retard. Schizophrenia isn't like mild to moderate depression or something, where you can just be like "lol I'm gonna tough through it." You're only going to get worse as you get older. My uncle was full schizo and lived an unfortunate, but relatively comfortable life into his 70s cause he listened to the fucking doctors and took his meds, despite being a whackjob. Take your meds.
>>
File: yyyy.jpg (58 KB, 330x516) Image search: [Google]
yyyy.jpg
58 KB, 330x516
>>56465051
>I am thinking about buying a gun just to make sure but I don't think with my illness I will be able to purchase a weapon.
Same. I want a few for home defence and for target shooting but I know I'll just end up killing myself with them one day.
>>
>>56467057
>>
>>56466896
I know the feeling very well since I've had my eyes closed on what's going on with me for ten years but recently I became psychotic, + rapid mood swings from BPD (I want to stab people too when I'm furious) so better check yourself just to be sure. It's not middle ages, people should either respect it or fuck off, it's just a different kind of doctor.
>>
You don't have schizophrenia. Here is your issue, OP:

You are from a small American town where the average person doesn't amount to anything. You know you like in America - the land of "opportunities" - and you realize that its all dead ends for you. You'll never standout living where you are, but at the same time, everyone says you can do anything you want in America.

What do you do? Fake an illness to get attention - to standout. Stand out among the no names and losers of your small southern town. Granted, the symptoms might actually be real but they're purely manifested out of a desperation to transcend the limitations of your environment.

Notice how very few people who live in small cities outside of the USA feel this way. That's because they aren't suffering delusions of grandeur perpetuated by hypercapitalism and the American media.

tl;dr: get over yourself. you're not special, no one is.
>>
>>56467057
Yeah I do.
I know other people do, there's even a "truman syndrome"... I know it's highly pretentious beyond being paranoïd, but I do too.

Especially when I do shameful stuff.
>>
>>56467233
literally whenever i go for a shower or wank to some weird shit it happens

except when i wank to normal stuff i'm like "well this is normal so they can't laugh at me"
>>
>>56467205
Howth?
>>
>>56467057
>thoughts that you know are irrational but they are still at the back of your mind?

all the fucking time

I feel like I have 2 separate brains or something, the one who does everything and then "myself"

f.ex: I consciously know that there is nothing to worry about when you're in your room in darkness

but I can feel fear, nervious, feel that I'm not alone, someone sees me

I obviously know that that's 1- not possible 2- not real, but I can't prevent my brain to make me feel it

My consciousness is healthy but my brain isn't?
>>
>>56467352
Nope
>>
File: 000180.png (473 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
000180.png
473 KB, 500x504
>>56467315
inorite

then I go downtown and people are either smiling at me or avoiding me and I'm like
"they know"
>>
File: 1425627479290.jpg (40 KB, 259x567) Image search: [Google]
1425627479290.jpg
40 KB, 259x567
>>56467222
>>
>>56467373
hahaha literally me
>>
>>56467378
What does this picture mean?
>>
>>56467471
he's calling you a sheltered edgelord
>>
>>56467371
How did you deal with your mental health problems? Is medication any good? Counselling was useless for me, CBT was a waste of time.
>>
File: 1425629851157.jpg (79 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1425629851157.jpg
79 KB, 500x625
>>56467471
you know very well what it means
>>
>>56464030
I call those pictures a shit

Sch is functional thing, you can't detected it with fmri or other scan tehniques m8.

or, you have something else to... like MS or allchaimer (which sound stupid I know..)
>>
>>56467222
woah we have an expert here

I'm also schizophrenic, been so since i was 16. My shit manifests itself in voices, they all act like my thoughts are talking to them. I believed I was a thought broadcaster. My symptoms first took place when I smoked spice or hash (I was really into drugs in high school).

What medications do you take, if any? I do not recommend going on Haldol, it is terrible., stay away from antpsychotics made before the 70's
>>
>>56467503
>>56467483
Fair enough, but everything I said is completely true.
>>
>>56467487
It got worse, actually, I tried to ignore it and even forget about it for a long time but I cannot do this anymore and some people are freaked out by my freaking out. I will go to psych soon. I hear like 20 ambulances now, I cannot sleep.
>>
>>56467609
American culture propagates mental illness like a motherfucker, why do you think there's so many school shootings? sad, unhappy or just outcast kids get put on SSRI's that absolutely fuck their developing heads up and cause them to turn psycho.
>>
File: sharp edge.jpg (115 KB, 634x904) Image search: [Google]
sharp edge.jpg
115 KB, 634x904
>>56467609
Of course it is, now have you taken out the trash yet? You dont want mommy unplugging the internet again
>>
>>56467633
That's awful. How many years have you experienced stuff like this? Do you do anything read book/play games to keep your mind off of things or is it just always there lingering?
>>
>>56467680
C O L U M B I N E
O

L

U
M

B

I

N

E
>>
>>56467551
Take a multivitamin, do some pushups, and get over yourself. You're cured. You're the same case as the OP.

You did drugs, you had no direction. You're burdened by your freedom, particularly because you live in the USA. Freedom and no discernible talent.

Do you think starving children in Africa get schizophrenia? How about poor children in communist countries? The answer is no. Think about that.

You are a selfish first-world scumbag with nothing to do and too many possibilities. You are unimportant and want someone to hold your head while you cry.

Get over yourself, faggot. I'm not trolling or being edgy either.
>>
>>56467680
I can't tell if you're agreeing with my general point, but I agree with your statement nonetheless.
>>
>>56467810
t. typical guy who says "oh how awful how did that mass shooting occur he was a nice boy"
>>
File: 1428093144122.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
1428093144122.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>56467810
>I'm not trolling or being edgy either.
>>
>>56467870
Heh, I'm not saying he was a nice boy. I'm saying he's not crazy. You don't have to be crazy to do that.

Again, you're imprisoned in your freedom in the USA. And often people grow up with this sentiment. "You can grow up to be anything" is commonly heard.

The truth is "No, you can't". The sooner you become aware of that and realize you're not truly free, but limited by your environment and your genetics, the better. Disorders like schizophrenia, and the "psychosis" of school shooters don't exist. They're propagated by the media and it's just misplaced angst. The solution is simpler than giving millions (billions?) of dollars to pharmaceutical companies.

Good luck
>>
>>56467699
I was 12 when I was hopitalized for the first time, they diagnosed me with neurosis, then came depression, delusions, I tried to harm others and kill myself so they forced me into a hospital and diagnosed with BPD, Later I had lots of good stuff going on in my life so I thought that the worst is behind me but now I feel psychotic. I will be 29 in a few months. I tried meds before but I hated taking them. Books/games are good, of course, vidya too (I'm a big child)
How about you?
>>
>>56468061

I, myself, am doing pretty well. How's it in Italy today?
>>
>>56468061
I've been depressed and anxious lately because my luck has been absolutely horrendously last few years and I'm going through a rough patch. Counselling didn't do it for me, doctor didn't give me any diagnosis since I was only there once. But I think I'll be alright as I'm trying to lose weight and deal with the demons. I hope you find your solution, just remember from darkness must come light.
>>
>>56468121
The hallucinations getting to you, laddy?
>>
>>56468121
Loud, drunk tourists everywhere.
>>
>>56468207
Thanks and take care.
>>
>>56468279
Does alcohol or other substances like weed or some phsychadaelic substances makes things better/worse for you?
>>
I am back guys.
>>56466850
Thanks
>>56466918
>or someone else
Oh shit, now that scares me. I gotta take my meds right now.
>>56466927
I live off of my rich grandmother. I can get a job if I wanted to, I just wonder if people will hire me or not.
>>56467092
Okay
>>
>>56464030
i didn't knew schizo fucks up the physical structure of the brain that much
>>
I am really fucking confused right now. I am forgetting how to reply to posts.
>>
>>56468440
I used to drink alcohol but that was bad for my anger outbursts. I also used to smoke a lot of pot, it helped me to calm down, then I became paranoid and it stayed this way. You?
>>
>>56467222
>small town
Is 160,000 people a small town?
>>
>>56467131
>>56465538

You could always have somebody else keep the guns for you, a long rifle which is harder to kill yourself with
>>
>>56467994
You are correct. I agree with you on that.
>>56468673
It would take about 10 more seconds to shoot myself with one. I don't think it makes a difference.
>>
>>56468623
Yeah same, pot just looses the effect. Alcohol can make things worse especially after the buzz is gone and you hit the low. Never tried anything else, but apperantly you need a positive mindset if you're gonna try LSD or shrooms to rewire your brain. Meditation might be good, who knows.
>>
how accurate is this

https://youtu.be/KYHVbLLO2bU?t=48s
>>
>>56468696
A long ass rifle which is too long to kill yourself with.

Again, you can just tell another family member to own the guns for you so you can go to the range together when you want.

You could also get a bolt action .22 short which won't penetrate the skull
>>
>>56464030
Can you play chess?
>>
>>56468807
Nobody ever taught me how to play.
>>
>>56468720
I tried LSD and shrooms once, some speed and ecstasy too, years ago. I regret this (LSD was real fun though). I'm gonna try to get some sleep, good night people.
>>
>>56468723
That seems pretty severe. And those voices sound obviously recorded. Sometimes I can hear lightning or raining when it is not. But I haven't hallucinated so bad when the TV is talking back to me.
>>
>>56468839
same here. but i can't focus for 3 sec even. exit stage left!
>>
>>56469796
What is that?
>>
diagnosed schizo AMA reddit
>>
>>56469864
Reddit did not invent "ask many anything" threads moron.
>>
>>56464695
if this is true then how come I don't remember my previous lives?
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.