[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Greens joined with the Liberals today to stop the Se
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1452681594216.png (31 KB, 321x309) Image search: [Google]
1452681594216.png
31 KB, 321x309
>The Greens joined with the Liberals today to stop the Senate voting on a marriage equality bill this week. It was all part of Richard Di Natale’s deal to ram through voting changes which will disenfranchise 3 million voters and shut small parties out of the Senate.
>mfw australia will never EVER legalise gay marriage

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/03/15/gay-marriage-bill-be-debated-week
>>
File: image.png (94 KB, 362x362) Image search: [Google]
image.png
94 KB, 362x362
I don't have an issue with pooftas getting married but fuck the greens.
>>
>shut small parties out of the Senate

fuck the greens fuck liberal and fuck labor they can all go to hell.
>>
File: realfukingsmug.png (6 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
realfukingsmug.png
6 KB, 401x367
>Green voters now have no excuse to vote Greens.

It's pretty pathetic. This is the final proof that the Greens are more interested in increasing firearm legislation than it is in it's signature Gay marriage stance.
>>
Fuck off Muir, no-one even voted for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 274x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 274x278
> The greens
>>
>>56393686
You have a retarded Green party too? Nice.
>>
what if you had to take poofta marriage for full FTTP NBN?

Deal or no deal?
>>
>>56393929
Sure, their tears aren't worth those delicious speeds.
>>
File: bye bye.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
bye bye.gif
2 MB, 400x300
Anything that shits up the Greens is A-ok by me!
>>
File: greens.jpg (439 KB, 896x896) Image search: [Google]
greens.jpg
439 KB, 896x896
>>56393929
It wouldn't be worth it. For The Greens, same-sex marriage is just the beginning. They also want to increase the refugee intake many hundreds of times, and basically fuck everything up.
>>
>>56393897
They're pretty much tumblrkin on meth here, lot of shrieking, no thinking
>>
Can someone explain why liberal is conservative here but the opposite in America?
>>
>>56394031
i think we fucked up our definition of it

liberal usually means a willingness to accept new ideas
>>
>>56394015
They also don't contribute a fucking slightest bit of effort to helping organise same sex marriage rallies. Then they show up with their little green flags and signs and act like they're the main driving group of it all. I wish I could deck every green.
>>
>>56394031
I don't think even they know themselves any more.
Ever since the whole 'neo-conservative' shit started up they've all turned into wannabe dictators and shit where extreme views are the only ones that matter to get attention.
>>
>>56394060
Well yeah exactly and that's what confuses me. Is the party actually meant to be non-liberal or some shit?
>>
>>56394088
its to freak the shit out of people so they dont come here
>>
>Increase firearm legislation
>Let in tons of economic refugees

How about fuck the greens.
>>
>>56394071
I honestly don't have anything against gay folks, but anything that stops the greens is good.
I'm even pro-conservation, I love our country and the environment... but I'm a realist who's also a Cat-D and H licence holder that needs my guns to clean out the feral shit.
>>
>>56394031
Because liberalism in the 19th century meant progressive social policies modernizing the economy (free trade, abolishing monopolies etc) and stuff like education and secularization

When Australia got federated the Liberal party was basically a leftist party that represented the left leaning rich doctors and lawyers and the labor party were a bunch of anti immigrant dudes who represented the poor working class

Over time the Doctors and lawyers the represented the liberal party stopped holding liberal ideals and the working class that labour represented took them up

Whereas in america there was really no liberal party, the Republics represented the south and big business and were conservative and the democrats represented the rich northern aristocrats/professionals and were equally conservative,

When FDR imposed the New deal the old money in the democratic party left because they hated the idea of handouts for the poor and big government, and poor people flocked the party

So the american use of liberal is more correct and the name of our political party is anachronistic

TLDR the liberal party used to be liberal in the american sense but times changed and so did their policies and leanings
>>
>>56394108
>>56394088
Are you guys 13?

Australian liberals are based on economic liberalism eg lower taxes and less regulations (theoretically), not social liberalism.
>>
>>56394222
uhmmm wow okay sweetie x
>>
>>56394187
Greens are hypocritical liars, Labour threw their values under the bus, and Liberals are indecisive bickering fucks. It's an embarrassment to democratic values that we're in a situation where we have to sit by and watch these terribly unqualified groups of people vie to steer our nation.
>>
>>56393686
Literally sealed the end of the greens tb
>>
>>56394564
Thing is, we're a moderate country full of people who are generally by and large, quite accepting.
All these 'extreme' views and shit with political groups that think they need some kind of far-left or far-right policies are just rubbish. Calm heads, clear thinking gets stuff done, not the overly emotional and knee-jerk shenanigans of children.
>>
>>56393897
Yes and they actually control the balance of power in the senate and have done so for 6 years
>>
>>56394881
They won't any more now they helped passed this bill. Balance of Power will lie with a Xenophon party next election if predictions play out.
>>
>>56393897
doesn't everyone? greens are like the reds, they're everywhere and they're pretty much the reds
>>
>be melbourne
>can't marry
>be raided by islanders and africans

lmao
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.